Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The interviewer was rude and clearly was not looking to hire anyone. I was interested in the Cargill locations, but they were not willing to give very much information. I am a very qualified candidate who had 6 offers for engineering roles when I graduated college, and this was a terrible experience. Wasted my time. I called and told them I was not interested that night.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide not to work at your previous internship locations?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill in October 2014.

Interview

I applied at college. They give me the interview in the next day. I went to the interview and they did not continue the interview process because I require the sponsorship. They should let me know before I go to the interview. This experience is horrible. No respect at all. They just let me go when they know I don't have so called "green card" or "permanent work authorization". I totally understand that their HR does not want to invest any resources or time on foreigners, even talented foreigners.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill (Ferndale, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Very odd interview questions that I felt were much too personal and had nothing to do with the position itself.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in February 2017.

Interview

The HR person will first call you up for a short interview, before going for the assessment test. Trading games were played for the examiners to observe your negation skills.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Wichita, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

it was a panel interview with 4 employers. 2 first and then the other 2 will come later. they will ask for your Microsoft office, especially excel skill. 4 person is from different departments, and they will decide which position would fit you the best.

Interview Questions

• Si you just study all the time?   1 Answer

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Martinsburg, PA).

Interview

Very thorough. Two people went back and forth asking a set amount of questions and documenting every response. Definitely asked all the difficult questions. Have to take a three page written math test but was allowed to use a calculator.

Interview Questions

• Name what your past employer would say your greatest strength and weekness is and give examples   Answer Question

Quality Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two people in the interview room, had a clipboard to fill in including all your info, answers to questions ect. It seemed as though the interviews are procedurall, so overall there wasn't much room to connect with interviewers. They asked around 3-4 behavioral questions, as well as tell me about yourself and definately what do you know about Cargill.

Interview Questions

• If you were in conflict with another teammate, what would you do   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and had a phone call the next day from a recruiter and set up a phone interview quickly. Was very impressed how fast it was. Then after the phone interview no word after the recruiter had said it went extremely well with her and I would be set up within a week for face to face interviews. It was nearly 3 weeks with no communication as the email address I had no longer worked. I got a call from a higher level recruiter saying the person I interviewed with no longer worked there and she was handling. She apologized and set up a face to face a week later with 6 different individuals. The interviews were in pairs and for 1 hour each (3 hours total) and were very professional. Since then it has been nearly a month and I've sent emails and voice mails to the recruiter for some feedback and how the process was going. I have heard nothing and found out through a contact that I didn't get the job but never got it officially from anyone at Cargill. I was very disappointed that they never took the time to give feedback and/or to let me know the status of the job.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know a lot about my background in team and people development.   Answer Question

Freezer Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Fresno, CA).

Interview

10 year background check. Two interviews before you move on to third and final meeting. Then tour of facility and then 2 day orientation in a classroom setting. Its very cold wet and blood but if you can push through it Cargill is a very good company with a lot to offer.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot so be prepared.   1 Answer

Accounting/Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a contact there that got me in touch with a TSF manager and we moved forward with the interview process. Went into the office around 11:00 AM for the interview. Ended up meeting with the manager of the Finance department, then the global TSF director. Interview lasted around 2 hours total.

Interview Questions

• Give me three reasons we should hire you and one reason we shouldn't   1 Answer