Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Very cordial and friendly very accommodating . Treated me with respect and open to new ideas . Very good company and interviewers were very knowledgable about their business model and process .

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Fully qualified, resume almost exactly what they were needing with 20 years experience. HR initially reached out and wanted to set up interview then never responded. Very unprofessional. Tried several times as well as called the Cargill recruiter and after he initially reached out then disappeared.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I wanted to schedule an interview then never responded to my responses.   1 Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The interviewer was rude and clearly was not looking to hire anyone. I was interested in the Cargill locations, but they were not willing to give very much information. I am a very qualified candidate who had 6 offers for engineering roles when I graduated college, and this was a terrible experience. Wasted my time. I called and told them I was not interested that night.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide not to work at your previous internship locations?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill in October 2014.

Interview

I applied at college. They give me the interview in the next day. I went to the interview and they did not continue the interview process because I require the sponsorship. They should let me know before I go to the interview. This experience is horrible. No respect at all. They just let me go when they know I don't have so called "green card" or "permanent work authorization". I totally understand that their HR does not want to invest any resources or time on foreigners, even talented foreigners.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill (Ferndale, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Very odd interview questions that I felt were much too personal and had nothing to do with the position itself.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Lincoln, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted late one evening (after 8:00 p.m.) by e-mail asking for a telephone interview the following day, to screen for the position. I was disconnected during the call twice, from their end. It was an offshore interviewer, who spoke English as a second language. I had to restate, repeat, and change vocabulary and responses to a more basic level on nearly EVERY question. The interview was very common and would have been easy, had the interviewer SPOKEN ENGLISH at an intermediate or higher level. I felt it was discriminatory and a poor hiring practice to have HR interviews with non-native speakers, who had difficulty understanding and interpreting responses. It would be like a Spanish native who just was legalized for work having an interview with a former English teacher! I'm rating difficult just because I had to speak at a low level and restate my answers in a very simple, unimpressive manner, due to the interviewer being Asian.

Project Management Engineer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cargill (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at career fair, was called for an interview later that night, and interviewed the next day. The interviewer was friendly and was the same person I spoke to at the career fair. I could see the notes they took on my at the career fair, so that sparked some nerves and uncertainty.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a differing perspective with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Recall a situation where you had to make a difficult decision. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cargill (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

One to One. It takes around thirty to forty five minutes. There were some good managers when i gave interview. Recently too many BPO based managers are recruited, do expect some cheapness.

Sourcing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, the first one was with HR via Phone, the second one was with the Hiring manager and a team member in person. It was quite difficult because the role is new so I had a lot of questions for them and they also struggle to explain me the position. The last round was with the director

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. They had multiple rounds of interviews in a number of different formats from phone to Skype interviews. Had interviews with many different staff members from different departments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where everyone was going in one direction and you stood out and went the opposite way.   Answer Question