Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online in May, then talked to some current employees for referral. First phone screening interview with HR for about 45 minutes, then onsite interview with the hiring manager and another 3 interviewers, 45 minutes each. Yet in the end that position was closed due to internal structure change. Total process took about 2 months. HR did a great job keeping me interested and encouraged me to apply for future opportunities.

PRTP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds of Interview
    1. Aptitude - Basic accountancy and English
    2. Face to face discussion with TL
    3. Operations round

The recruiters were very patient and the interview was well organised.

Sourcing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, the first one was with HR via Phone, the second one was with the Hiring manager and a team member in person. It was quite difficult because the role is new so I had a lot of questions for them and they also struggle to explain me the position. The last round was with the director

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. The first was at my college (set up through my college's job board) and the second was in Omaha, NE where I lead on a tour of one the plants in Blair, NE. The first was a solo interview process and very easy with mostly behavioral questions asked. The second was two days long and was with about 50 other applicants. The questions asked in the two rounds of interviews were about 25% behavioral and 75% technical or skills based

Interview Questions

• One question was to explain what water is. A second question was to explain viscosity in your own words. A third which tripped me up was to explain density in two ways, one to someone with zero science background and the second to someone who has a science background. I only knew one way to describe it (mass divided by unit of volume).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

The manager was very nice. Besides having questions with him, he also gave me a background of the department and what they were really doing? How I could get success there and How I could improve myself in the company

Food Applications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Three people interviewed me. Met one manager and his assistant, then another manager and his assistant, very nice people. They were impressed by my resume and were interested in my background. However, I was probably overqualified for the opening they had, and the questions they were asking me that time were also focus on how I could guarantee that I wouldn't feel bored soon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll be interested in this position? What was the accomplishment you feel proud of?   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Went through a initial phone interview with Plant Manager and Project Manager. Was setup with a in person interview with Production Planner, Project Manager and Plant Manager where I was provided a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage expectations?   1 Answer

Mine Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

had a three panel interview they where real strict on work place safety and work place violence overall laid back interview was kind of dull questions that revolved around safety for the most part they asked "who is in charge of your safety" etc.

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you and a employee had conflict how did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Brussels (Belgium)) in February 2017.

Interview

Boring interview with an unexperienced HR, no behavioral interview question but 3 times the same question on strength/weakness with a tweak... (i.e. what would your friend say about you? what would your colleagues say? what would your girlfriend say?? seriously one time this question wasn'r enough?) at no time the focus was done on the performance and achievements. At the begining of the itw the HR confessed she just got the job description and did not know about it... really unpleasant and unprofessional interaction

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in May 2017.

Interview

First interview was a phone screen done by a Global HR Solutions employee-nice person. They just asked me to walk them through my resume a bit (they had told me we were going to discuss my past experience) and asked me to provide some more detail for some of my past positions. Also asked about my salary expectations, if I'd already booked time off in the year. They also asked me the top 3 things I was looking for in a job. Lasted maybe 20 minutes.

Second interview was in-person with two people who would be direct supervisors for this position-very nice people. I was asked quite a few "tell me about a time when..." questions. A great question they asked me was have I ever had to deal with stressful situations in past jobs? How exactly did I deal with them? Also was asked the tell me about yourself question-whatever you say about yourself, always back up with examples!!

Third interview was over the phone with the Cargill Customer Service Leader for Alberta. They asked me very similar questions to ones in the in-person interview (behavioral-based questions).

(Since there's no option for waiting to hear back about a position, I had to say no below to being offered the job as I'm still waiting to hear back about it.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were in a stressful situation in a past position and how you dealt with that?   Answer Question