Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Fully qualified, resume almost exactly what they were needing with 20 years experience. HR initially reached out and wanted to set up interview then never responded. Very unprofessional. Tried several times as well as called the Cargill recruiter and after he initially reached out then disappeared.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I wanted to schedule an interview then never responded to my responses.   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Lincoln, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted late one evening (after 8:00 p.m.) by e-mail asking for a telephone interview the following day, to screen for the position. I was disconnected during the call twice, from their end. It was an offshore interviewer, who spoke English as a second language. I had to restate, repeat, and change vocabulary and responses to a more basic level on nearly EVERY question. The interview was very common and would have been easy, had the interviewer SPOKEN ENGLISH at an intermediate or higher level. I felt it was discriminatory and a poor hiring practice to have HR interviews with non-native speakers, who had difficulty understanding and interpreting responses. It would be like a Spanish native who just was legalized for work having an interview with a former English teacher! I'm rating difficult just because I had to speak at a low level and restate my answers in a very simple, unimpressive manner, due to the interviewer being Asian.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Minnetonka, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then fly out to Minneapolis for final round interview during a leadership development program in the Summer. The interview process was pretty straightforward, and the recruiters were very friendly.

Project Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Went through a initial phone interview with Plant Manager and Project Manager. Was setup with a in person interview with Production Planner, Project Manager and Plant Manager where I was provided a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage expectations?   1 Answer

Senior Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN).

Interview

Applied online for Sourcing Analyst, received phone interview with HR within a week. A week later I was offered a face-to-face interview with the recruiting team on Senior Sourcing Analyst. I was not selected for the position. All interviews were very behavioral based, which is normal for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult boss or person   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online in May, then talked to some current employees for referral. First phone screening interview with HR for about 45 minutes, then onsite interview with the hiring manager and another 3 interviewers, 45 minutes each. Yet in the end that position was closed due to internal structure change. Total process took about 2 months. HR did a great job keeping me interested and encouraged me to apply for future opportunities.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me for a half hour conversation.

Wasn't especially difficult but the interviewer wasn't that friendly.

Overall good experience, I learned a lot about the company. It was a good experience if I ever want to apply again later.

Interview Questions

• describe your ideal interview environment   1 Answer

Utility Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I applied to the position and was contacted by hr. Had a phone interview with them and then a few days later received an email for an interview. It was very different, I came in and took a small math test while I waited. Then I met with two managers and they more discussed the plant and the open positions than asked questions. Then I was given a tour by a third manager.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanger, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Sanger, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Waited for about 20 Minutes, seemed to go ok, Interviewer was very friendly, and informative. but was still not hired, but I appreciate being notified by email. So I knew to keep looking for another job

Interview Questions

• What did I know about about company? I Advised only what I had looked up on the internet.
      Prior employment?
      He told me the hours available a d if that was ok? 2nd & 3rd shift.
      Why was I applying there?   1 Answer

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Martinsburg, PA).

Interview

Very thorough. Two people went back and forth asking a set amount of questions and documenting every response. Definitely asked all the difficult questions. Have to take a three page written math test but was allowed to use a calculator.

Interview Questions

• Name what your past employer would say your greatest strength and weekness is and give examples   Answer Question