Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It starts with the basic taleo experience. The same process as every big company. About two weeks later their HR department called me 4 to 5 times in the span of 2 hours to schedule an appointment. I was working in the lab at the time so it was a tad rude and odd. After the 5th call I pick up and to my surprise it is Cargill. We schedule a brief phone interview a few days later. It was just a simple personality questionnaire, but I could barely understand the person on the other end. They're already looking very off the ball from my perspective at this point in the process.

I was notified by email a few days later to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. Their email specifically said that the interview would be behavioral based questions. Of course, when I do finally have the interview the first thing the hiring manager tells me is that it will be based on technical questions. Cute trick Cargill. That way, you never get to know the candidate in a relaxed atmosphere. I was immediately disappointed and felt ill prepared. The interviewer was nice and asked about my previous research. This went on for almost 90 minutes and I was told they would have things figured out hopefully by the end of the week, but no promises. I sent a follow up email after not hearing anything and was told they would inform me as to the next steps in the process. I never heard from them again despite my efforts. They didn't keep their word on the communication end, had what appeared to be an internal miscommunication, and were a horrible representation of a company. I wouldn't apply again.

QA Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I first met the recruiters at a career fair, and was called the same night to schedule a next day interview. After the interview they told me I will be contacted at the end of the month if I was selected to fly out for second round interviews. I was called at the end of the month, and flew out to one of their locations for second round. They had about 30 candidates. The first day was a plant tour and dinner with the interviewers. The second day we had second round interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round was all behavioral questions, and the second round interviews was a mix of behavioral and technical questions relating to my major.   Answer Question

Lead Person Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cargill (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was conducted in person by the assistant hr manager, I would say it was done professionally, I was provided with a short history of the company and benefits offered.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

two rounds of interviews, first one at a university campus. the second interview was near a plant, in which they gave you a tour and then stayed overnight and interviewed you in the morning. There were two rounds of interviews each with two interviewers. Afterwards there was a lunch to talk to interviewers again.

Quality Management Chemist Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online on website. First interview was over the phone. Second interview had me travel to Omaha, NE for a two day interview. The first day included a plant tour and a dinner with the interviewers and other interviewees. Second day included breakfast, a presentation of the company and locations, lunch, and two one-hour interview sessions with each having two interviewers. Questions asked varied from behavioral, technical, and safety related.

Food Safety and Quality Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to Cargill in career fair. Then got a phone call the same night for an on campus interview the next day. Interviewers are professional! After around two-three weeks, a recruiter called for an onsite interview on Omaha, NE. Fly to Omaha in the beginning of Nov.(Company paid for the ticket) Two round one hour interviews with different managers from different team. Then backed home. After one week of the onsite interview, got a phone call from another recruiter, got the offer! The most impressive thing is: I got two phone calls from two different recruiters to congrats me on the same day, and also one congrats email from one of the managers who interviewed me at the onsite interview! Too impressive! There is no reason to reject this offer!

Interview Questions

• Explain the definition of pH to people who knows nothing about chemistry, and explain again to chemist.   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and personable. They fly various of candidates out for a half day of interviews (three one on on interviews). After the interviews, they have a section closed off in their cafeteria for the interviewers and cargill reps to eat & network.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with human research, in 30 minutes and polite communication. The started the interview by stating that it was a relaxed interview and they just wanted to get to know me and He asked regular interview questions.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

I had a phone screen and then a phone interview with the hiring manager and another manager. They scheduled an in-person interview for a Friday. Then called back and rescheduled for the next Monday. Then, late on Friday, they called to cancel the Monday interview and I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my biggest challenge in my current position.   Answer Question

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lecompte, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill (Lecompte, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the plant manager and site supervisor. It lasted about 45 minutes. They ask me about my past experiences and how they'll make me a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience operating a forklift or any other heavy equipment?   Answer Question