Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

2.9

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Some hire staffs staying thier booth and when interviees come their booth they start interview they get interviee's resume and ask about background, skills and what did you take in university coursesThey focus about what interviee's answer and If they have questions from interviee's answer they ask of that again.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and had a phone call the next day from a recruiter and set up a phone interview quickly. Was very impressed how fast it was. Then after the phone interview no word after the recruiter had said it went extremely well with her and I would be set up within a week for face to face interviews. It was nearly 3 weeks with no communication as the email address I had no longer worked. I got a call from a higher level recruiter saying the person I interviewed with no longer worked there and she was handling. She apologized and set up a face to face a week later with 6 different individuals. The interviews were in pairs and for 1 hour each (3 hours total) and were very professional. Since then it has been nearly a month and I've sent emails and voice mails to the recruiter for some feedback and how the process was going. I have heard nothing and found out through a contact that I didn't get the job but never got it officially from anyone at Cargill. I was very disappointed that they never took the time to give feedback and/or to let me know the status of the job.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know a lot about my background in team and people development.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted in December by HR asking me if I was interested in a position at a certain location. In January HR called scheduling a phone interview with the Plant Manager which lasted about 30-40 minutes. About 2 weeks later I was contacted and offered an on-site interview in February. The on-site interview was done at the same time as the other candidate - we were given a plant tour, then had individual interviews with a panel of 3 engineers/supervisors, and then went to lunch. I was contacted a week later with the job offer. Overall, a really great experience. HR was organized and the interview team was really friendly. There was a list of behavioral questions the interviewers asked, but the panel was laid back about them. One of the interviewers even said "oh this is a hard one, I'm not sure I would have a good answer for this" which put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a vision for the future and how did you inspire others to help you achieve your vision.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a teammate didn't follow through on their commitments. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Management Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Rolla, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed, my interviewer wore jeans. Only took about 25 minutes. All behavioral questions and going over your resume. It was my first interview ever and I did fine, just act professional.

Commodities Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online which involved completing a personality test. A few weeks later, I had a Skype interview. The interview was fairly easy if you are good at behavioral questions. I was invited to their headquarters in Minneapolis for a talent day. The talent day consisted of 3 rounds of 45 minute interviews. Again, it was more behavioral questions. It was an excellent experience, as I really enjoyed everyone that I met that day. I was very impressed with the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to a team member that was not carrying their weight during a group project? Would you do their work for them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult time in your life and how you responded.   Answer Question
    • When is a time when you had to think on your feet?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill (Manhattan, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I interviewed on campus at university recruiting. Then, I did an original interview with HR, then had 3 separate phone interviews with 6 executives total. Was contacted by the VP of Sales directly saying I was better fit for an outside sales position they had open and they were going to offer me that job. Got another call a week later saying they were excited for the position and they were putting together the offer package. Never heard back from them since. Tried following up via phone and email several times. Cargill is so big that oftentimes the right side does not communicate with the left.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in February 2017.

Interview

They asked mainly behavioral questions. Most of the questions were about previous employment and what I was looking for in a company. The interviewer was very kind and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What are some things about you as an employee that you are trying to improve upon?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone interview was simple. Asked about work experience and why I wanted to leave my current job. Then they bring you in for an in person interview. Lasted about an hour. First half of the interview is with three people. Then they bring in three more people and you interview with them.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It starts with the basic taleo experience. The same process as every big company. About two weeks later their HR department called me 4 to 5 times in the span of 2 hours to schedule an appointment. I was working in the lab at the time so it was a tad rude and odd. After the 5th call I pick up and to my surprise it is Cargill. We schedule a brief phone interview a few days later. It was just a simple personality questionnaire, but I could barely understand the person on the other end. They're already looking very off the ball from my perspective at this point in the process.

I was notified by email a few days later to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. Their email specifically said that the interview would be behavioral based questions. Of course, when I do finally have the interview the first thing the hiring manager tells me is that it will be based on technical questions. Cute trick Cargill. That way, you never get to know the candidate in a relaxed atmosphere. I was immediately disappointed and felt ill prepared. The interviewer was nice and asked about my previous research. This went on for almost 90 minutes and I was told they would have things figured out hopefully by the end of the week, but no promises. I sent a follow up email after not hearing anything and was told they would inform me as to the next steps in the process. I never heard from them again despite my efforts. They didn't keep their word on the communication end, had what appeared to be an internal miscommunication, and were a horrible representation of a company. I wouldn't apply again.

QA Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I first met the recruiters at a career fair, and was called the same night to schedule a next day interview. After the interview they told me I will be contacted at the end of the month if I was selected to fly out for second round interviews. I was called at the end of the month, and flew out to one of their locations for second round. They had about 30 candidates. The first day was a plant tour and dinner with the interviewers. The second day we had second round interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round was all behavioral questions, and the second round interviews was a mix of behavioral and technical questions relating to my major.   Answer Question