Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

Accountant Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Applied for the job and I got an email about a week later scheduling an interview for 2 pm. She ended up calling at 225 saying she had a meeting.

The interviewer was from another country so there was definitely a language barrier so neither of us understood each other well. Definitely felt like I was talking to someone in a calm center because it sounded exactly like she was reading the questions and gave me no feedback on any answers unlike normal interviews which feel more like a convo.

When it came to point to ask if I had any questions. I asked her a question and her answer was, "OK have a good day and she hung up." Never had any follow up. Never even got an automated email saying they went with anyone else.

If they conduct interviews so unprofessionally I can't imagine what working for them is like.

Interview Questions

• resume walk through. strengths weaknesses. do you have any questions (don't bother thinking of any they'll just hang up)   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

phone screen was conducted from another country even though I applied within the U.S. for a U.S. based job. The interviewer was 20 minutes late, difficult to understand and hung up on me in the middle of a question. Very unprofessional. This experience influenced me NOT to apply for more jobs at this company.

Commodity Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill in November 2015.

Interview

Completed a phone interview after 10 days from applying. Phone interview was simple nothing too challenging. Why do you want the job? What makes you suited for the job? Flew me into Minneapolis after that for a 'talent day'. They fed us and put us through 3 rounds of interviews with current merchants. Basic technical questions with some scripted ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about the current commodity markets?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shawnee Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Shawnee Mission, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a thorough, fair interview. They asked me probing questions about past experience, as well as hypothetical question - how I would act in certain scenarios. The interviewers were engaged and asked follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What was my expectations of the job   1 Answer

Quality Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill (Champaign, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited to the on-campus interview after visiting and talking to the Cargill's recruiters at the career fair. They emailed me a date/time the day before the actual interview. The recruiters were very open and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you took initiative? (Leadership question)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took two weeks. A campus recruiter contacted me for an interview. The interview was laid back but mostly behavioral questions. Said they would contact me in 3 weeks with a decision on the next steps. It was an average interview in terms of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern at Cargill?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Was referred by an employee, had two phone interviews in early spring and I did feel like I needed to prove my qualifications and why I wanted the internship. They look for a strong work ethic and desire to learn

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time when you were on a team, ran into an issue, and you helped solve it?   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Ames, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process began at my campus career fair and then moved to an on-campus interview. There was an interview held in a room where there were two interviewers. The started the interview by stating that it was a relaxed interview and they just wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you gained someones trust   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually very well organized and impressive. Everyone I meet with was impressive. The in-.person interview was 2.5 hours. The negative? Everyone gave the impression that I was a great fit until I received the "Thanks but no thanks" email.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you were or weren't able to...   Answer Question

VIP-SAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The two managers who you will be working under will be in the room asking you questions regarding your resume. They will follow a list of standardized questions they ask everyone regardless of the job you are applying for.