Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.9

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2016.

Interview

Next day interview after career fair. Pretty straight forward. Two people interviewed me with a set list of questions. Mainly behavioral and situational. They were very easy to talk to and didn't ask me too hard of questions. I felt like it was more to get a feel for me and how much I knew about their company.

Change Communication Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty Lengthy interview. But very clear and direct as to what additional steps were. My recruiter made sure to communicate with me as to where they were at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work on a complex assignment how to did you manage to complete the assignment?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke with them at the career fair and had a really nice conversation. I received an offer for an interview later that evening with a link to the online application and responded the next morning with my availability. They never got back to me and I called and emailed multiple times. I just got a rejection email after almost two months.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was really friendly, and warned me the previous day when I set up the interview that they ask behavioral based questions. I was glad she gave me the heads up, otherwise I would have been completely unprepared as I have never had behavioral questions before.

Interview Questions

• Name one time I had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Formal, professional, succinct. They were interested in how you were as a person. They were very knowlegable about their company. Very honest about company and expectations. Interviewer could not speak high enough about the company, and for good reason.

Round Inside Trimmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I had a face to face interview where H.R question me of my previous employment, what I would do under certain situation , they walked me through the plant to show me exactly what I would be doing if I was interested, once I agreed upon hire and they felt I qualified, they have a nurse station where they do a physical to make sure I'm capable to perform my job and rest my strength, they tell you how hard it is and to be sure if you want to go through with it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you seen another employee doing something wrong or unsafe?   1 Answer
    • What was the heaviest work you have done?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about working somewhere that is 40 degrees or less?   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (New Haven, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Recieved email to setup a phone interview took over 1 week to speak with a recruiter. Then was schedule for in person interview. Took almost 2 hrs spoke with 4 different people who were very nice. Was told they would get back to me the following week as they had more interviews to do never heard back from. Finally I emailed 1 of the recruiters who emailed me previously. She never responded then a week later I received the generic email saying that I was not offered the position which was over 1 month after the in person interview.

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill in August 2016.

Interview

i was contacted by a recruiter on the phone for a phone screen in order to set an appropriate time. The recruiter told me it was going to be a bit relaxed and she seemed quite nice and friendly. She went about asking the questions and said that if i was picked, the manager of the site would reach out to me.

Interview Questions

• Q. Which point in time would you say is your proudest moment   Answer Question

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

On campus interview and flew to Minneapolis one day later. On campus interview is the most important. Once you get to MN you've basically got the job. You will meet other people applying for the position in a group type interview and will likely last all day with one on one interviews throughout the day.

Dairy Formulation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I waited for weeks whether I made it to the second part of the interview, but all my waiting was all in vain. It is rude how they did not notify me regarding my application status. I just assumed because I did not hear any communication from the HR person after that phone call.

Interview Questions

See What Cargill Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current FSQR Chemist I in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros: “Great work culture/atmosphere and the fellow chemists I work with are fun to work with. I enjoy that we are all close to the same age and get along. There are definitely opportunities for...”“Great work culture/atmosphere and the fellow chemists I work with are fun to work with. I enjoy that we are all close to the same age and get along. There are definitely opportunities for promotion and advancement if you want them (obviously you will have to seek out projects and responsibilities) specialists and managers are happy to help you advance your career in the direction you'd like. Also really great health benefits!” – Full Review