Cargill Meat Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.6

General Production- Raw Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aguadilla, PR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions (Aguadilla, PR).

Interview

It was easygoing, the interviewer was very kind and explained every pro and con of the job. I asked like 15 questions and she answered each one. I will start in December, then I can tell you if the job is as hard as she told it would be. Plus if you don't speak English, you can have the interview in Spanish.

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in a year?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions (Ames, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to them at career fair and was set up for an on campus interview the next day. Went through the interview and they had an answer within about a week.

Fabrication Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in July 2016.

Interview

They will ask me if I've ever worked at this company or I have hearing issues ,seeing issue, talking issues and if I am respectful, if someone convinced me to work at that company or where did I get the information of applying a job at this company

Interview Questions

• have you worked here before   1 Answer

Engineering Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Was on the hot sit! considering I was interviewed by Vps the whole time. My first interview was a vp, he qualified me for a second interview, where I was interviewed by three different people which consited of two VPs and a chemical engineer. I nailed all and got a call a week later that i got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer to cargill?
      How can you prioritize?
      Management skill
      Technical skills
      Answer Question

Occupational Health Administrative Assistant Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied to several positions on their website, looking for an entry level engineering related position, so I could get some experience besides my internship, since I got a bachelors. I took an online assessment. I got called for an interview for this position (that required only high school, to be bilingual -which I am- and to have some experience with OSHAS, but it wasn't required).

I was interviewed by 3 people: two HR and a nurse, she was the one I would have reported to. I think the nurse and the HR guy liked me, but not the HR lady. She pretty much discarded me right there, and I don't know why, since I was on time, dressed professionally, I answered pretty straight forward, I had some occupational health experience in the food industry, researched the company and made good questions at the end, I even made them laugh and and all that. I was pretty confident that I could land that job and it seemed like it during the interview (at least with the other two).

I guess I got called because I was overqualified, and I feel like I didn't got the job because of that. Or maybe some catty stuff going on, since that the minute she saw me she was totally checking me out (I could be intimidating to other women because of my looks) and during the interview she was sticking to the script pretty much, while the other two were relaxed and interacting more with me (like trying to get to know me, specially the nurse). The HR guy and the nurse where going to give me the tour, but she deny it to me (why waste their time if I wasn't the one, kinda vibe) and she tried to hint them on why I shouldn't take the tour and the other two seemed pretty clueless on why not. I guess she was the boss. If that is the case, is sad how women are like to other women.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions (Provo, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

After reviewing my resume they emailed me to schedule an interview. It was coordinated through the career center on campus. There were two men from the plant, one who works in operations the other who is in charge of the engineers. It was a pretty standard interview with both of them taking turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• They were very standard. Most of the questions were based off of my resume. They looked over it and asked about my experiences with this or that and how I solved problems doing this or that. There wasn't any sort of behavioral questions. It seemed as if they just wanted to know if I'd be a good fit for the position not so much for the company.   Answer Question

FSQR Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a typical STAR interview and took place on campus by HR representatives. They asked standard questions, the interview was not particularly difficult. The second Interview was a phone with the person who would actually be my manager. More technical questions-slightly more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something did not go your way? How did you react?   Answer Question

Bilingual Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

Interview

I talked with Cargill recruiters at the Career Fair. They held next day interview for round one of the interview process. The second interview was two weeks later on the phone with 4 people from the business unit. Two weeks after my phone interview I was extended an offer via phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to develop trust with someone and how you went about doing that.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

Interview

I was given a tour of the plant and then interviewed with 10 managers. 5 different interviews with 2 managers per interview.I was at the plant for the entire day. They had me drive to the location and paid for the hotel, meals, and all of my gas. Cargill takes care of their people, as long as those people are willing to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Some of the interviews were taken very seriously and were very typical interview questions. Then some of the others seemed like they were trying to intimidate me, like they were trying to get me to confess to something...those were very awkward interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was the first job out of college. I did not even think of trying to negotiate. I later found out that I could have probably been able to negotiate a higher salary or more help with my moving expense.

Data Warehouse Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions (Wichita, KS) in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is a joke.
    Manager do not care about the company because they only do phone interview and do not care they want the person or not. They wanted a fresher than actual experience person.
    I would consider a position where you actually give face to face interview so you can survive better.

Interview Questions

• It is a Joke to work with them.
      To be honest. I would like to work in better cities like New York, NJ or any east coast.
      I ask the readers do you really want to work for such an under developed state like Kansas when you worked in East Coast like New York, New Jersey etc., ?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you are good in politics then you can survive.
    If you are innocent. It's up to you whom you choose as a career.

Here is the question I ask to readers:

Do you really want to work for such an under developed state like Kansas and in unprofessional environment like Cargill when you worked in East Coast like New York, New Jersey etc., ?