Cargill Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Operations Interview Questions

Interviews at Cargill

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

Process started with a call from HR, followed by a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. A week later I got another phone call from HR telling me the phone interview went well. Two weeks later I was sent to the Cargill HQ in Minneapolis, MN. There was a brief company orientation, and HR gave all of the candidates their itinerary for the day which consisted of 3 seperate interviews with the leadership team. Each interview was about 45 minutes or so. Upon leaving we were given a bag with the company magazine, benefit highlights, and other documents further explaining some of the Cargill BU's. One week later I got an offer contingent on completion of a background check, drug screen, and visit to the facility. I start in May.

Overall, the interview process was smooth, and professional. Excited to get started!

Interview Questions

• Why you?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a bad situation at work, and how you handled the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cargill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Ames, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked to them at career fair and was set up for an on campus interview the next day. Went through the interview and they had an answer within about a week.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke with them at the career fair and had a really nice conversation. I received an offer for an interview later that evening with a link to the online application and responded the next morning with my availability. They never got back to me and I called and emailed multiple times. I just got a rejection email after almost two months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. I went to the career fair for my school and was asked to interview with them a day later. They asked me a couple of questions that lasted around 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (College Station, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview was through the phone, overall it was a good interview. Their questions were based on your resume, and follow up questions about your previous answers to other questions. They were quick to respond if you got another interview or not which is nice compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a goof fit for this operations position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hammond, IN) in January 2018.

Interview

Very easy with a lot of question about safety and on the job tasks. How long have you worked in the corn industry what mechanical background do you have. What makes you a better candidate then the rest.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cargill (Des Moines, IA) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with production supervisor and plant manager and other employees

not enough money

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

-A brief behavioural based interview.
    -Asked numerous introspective questions
    -Interviewer was patient with personal recollection and time to formulate proper answers
    -Interviewer didn't seem as concerned by the accuracy of the answer but more of what I learned in the process

-The hardest part was not knowing which question was coming next, so that I could think ahead to a memory or situation which would be pertenant to the upcoming question; as most of the questions were about what happened in the past, etc.

Interview Questions

• -Behavioural based
      -Knowledge of Cargill Canada
      -Interest in the food industry
      -other typical questions   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cargill in January 2012.

Interview

This is a two interview minimum before hire company. The entire process was conducted in a professional and well organized manner where it did not take too much time. There were standard interview questions asked which you would hear from almost any other hiring place of business. There are some " tell me about a time questions" asked and I advise a potential candidate to research these questions online so they can think of some examples ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better in a team or as an individual?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation in my case and that would be due to I had no prior experience with that particuliar job but, the pay is very competitive.