Cargill Production Management Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Production Management Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cargill

2.9

Production Management Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

On Campus Interview. Then accepted candidates were flown to headquarters in Minneapolis to be interviewed 1 on 1 by 3-4 interviewers 30-45 each. Interviewers vary between Business Units and are usually Leaders of Operations (ie, VP of Operations, Regional Managers, Etc.)

Interview Questions

• Formulated Behavior Based Questions looking for Solid Previous Experiences/Examples. Interviews do request a copy of your transcript and resume for they did ask questions based on the information on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Cargill

Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN).

Interview

Entire interview and hiring process took ~1.5 months total. First interview was conducted on campus after career fair and only lasted for 20 minutes. Second interview consisted of three 40 minute 1:1 interviews at MN headquarters on talent day. All questions were behavioral type of questions, so prepare examples of leadership experience, conflicts resolution, how you've worked in a team, etc.

Interview Questions

• No extremely difficult questions.
      Unexpected questions: Describe what pH is and what is the difference between organic and inorganic?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but was offered a very competitive salary.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and personable. They fly various of candidates out for a half day of interviews (three one on on interviews). After the interviews, they have a section closed off in their cafeteria for the interviewers and cargill reps to eat & network.

Production Management Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted in December by HR asking me if I was interested in a position at a certain location. In January HR called scheduling a phone interview with the Plant Manager which lasted about 30-40 minutes. About 2 weeks later I was contacted and offered an on-site interview in February. The on-site interview was done at the same time as the other candidate - we were given a plant tour, then had individual interviews with a panel of 3 engineers/supervisors, and then went to lunch. I was contacted a week later with the job offer. Overall, a really great experience. HR was organized and the interview team was really friendly. There was a list of behavioral questions the interviewers asked, but the panel was laid back about them. One of the interviewers even said "oh this is a hard one, I'm not sure I would have a good answer for this" which put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a vision for the future and how did you inspire others to help you achieve your vision.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a teammate didn't follow through on their commitments. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I had previous internship experience so my interview was just a phone interview with a recruiter and a visit to the site where I was offered a position to see if I felt I would be a good fit at that location.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience did you gain during your internship that will be applicable to this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Grand Forks, ND) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview happened early in the morning . I was chosen from a group of my peers from the university career fair. The interview went pretty well and smooth. The interview questions were not related to the job in question and were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cargill?   1 Answer

Production Management Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I was contacted for an on-campus interview after applying online and talking to recruiters my school's career fair. Interviewed with 2 people, interview was 45 minutes with the majority of the interview time being Q&A behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a solution you came up with was not successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Ames, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process began at my campus career fair and then moved to an on-campus interview. There was an interview held in a room where there were two interviewers. The started the interview by stating that it was a relaxed interview and they just wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you gained someones trust   1 Answer

Production Management Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill in March 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Cargill at a career fair. Later, I got a call for a follow up interview. Then had a 3:1 interview. It seemed a bit intimidating at first, but it turned out to be very relaxing and fair. The questions were pretty typical interview question.

Cargill seems to be very professional. Other key points to note is that they are very involved with community service and really seem to promote safety throughout the company. I was very impressed with their safety policies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to put very technical terms into simple terms.   Answer Question