Caribou Coffee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Caribou Coffee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.1

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

I came in about 5-10 minutes before the interview. The manager offered me a drink to see if I wanted anything and then we sat down at one of the tables in the store. The interview was very casual, 5-10 questions most of which were very standard like why did you choose this company, and why should we hire you what are your strengths and weaknesses. Basic questions like that.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

I applied online and got a call that same day. I had an interview the very next day. It was fairly short and easy. When I first arrived at caribou I was offered a free drink which I accepted. The manager came out five minutes later and we had a short interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you eat a pb&j sandwich?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Store Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Very simple and laid back interview questions, I applied and received a call for an interview at two separate locations. When I arrived I waited a while for the manager as they were on the coffee bar serving drinks, another team member offered me a drink while I waited. The actual interview was very casual, almost like a personal conversation with them. Offered me a position at the interview and I start orientation within in the next few days.

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you compare yourself to and why?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you gave back to the community.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee in June 2015.

Interview

All applications are done online. You should get a call back quickly as there are more jobs that people applying. Most applicants hired on the spot. Fill our forms online and than receive a hour long orientation. 4 training shifts are given and than employees are on the floor.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Roseville, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event after I submitted an online applicaiton. I suggest applying to multiple locations because the applications go to each store seperately. I met with one manager at the hiring event and was referred to a specific store, where I meet with that store manager 3 days later. Was hired on the spot after the interview. Was able to negotiate salary. Background check is required, but they will hire people with a crimial background as long as it is not for a violent crime or theft. I was asked general interview questions. Asked about how I handle stress and working in a fast paced environment. Also inquired about reliablility and handling conflicts with customers and co-workers.

Interview Questions

• One question I thought was interesting was, "How would you make a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich?".   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Loved the people that I interviewed with. The first interview was more formal and we spent about 5 mins asking questions the rest was just talking about the position and ourselves. I had to bring my backpack but that didn't deter them. Was called back in about 2 days for second interview with shift supervisor he was really nice and we just ended up talking and laughing for about 30 minutes. He offered me another free drink because he was 15 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• What kinda drink would you be   1 Answer
    • What animal would you be   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

It was an extremely short interview. Caribou is very, very, very short staffed and the hiring process is super quick! I basically spent five minutes with the manager and was told I was hired and to expect a hiring email by the end of the day. Caribou is also opening more stores, so there are even more opportunities for employment.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

Interview

It was pretty simple. I spoke with the store owner and he asked me several interview questions that were typical to any other job interview. However, do be mindful of that one odd question they like ask (ex: If you were a superhero, which would you be and why?)

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

fun, relaxed not stressful easy questions, basic questions, normal questions, hired on the spot very friendly management, good communication, about five to ten minutes long very short, but about what I expected for this type of job

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Sat down at a store with the store manager and came in for a second interview the next day. The interview was short and the hours to set one up were very flexible. When I got there, I was offered a free drink from the baristas working there.