Caribou Coffee Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.0

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Roseville, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I did a 2:1 interview with a highscholar. It started out formal, but the more we talked, the more casual it gets. Employer was funny and chill so there were no pressure. She was in need of morning ppl and I took the shift so she was very excited about that. Plus, according to her, my volunteer experience in my resume really caught her eyes, so she already wanted to hire me even before the interview took place. Of course, I got the offer on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Maplewood, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Maplewood, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online but waited a week or two for them to call me. I went to the shop and the store manager was still interviewing another candidate. Shortly after their interview ended, she told me she'd get to me in a bit, in a friendly positive tone with a smile. I waited 5-10 minutes until we finally went into a group dining room to do the interview. She was very open and positive, almost as if we were friends. After the interview, she offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Oaks, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (North Oaks, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was with the store manager, who was very outgoing. They emphasized the value of community to the company, and of helping each other out. The whole interview lasted about 30 minutes but felt like it went by very quickly. I was told I would hear from them in a week but didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Which animal do you associate yourself with and why?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to make a difficult decision under pressure?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were in charge of a team that was not performing well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Roseville, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Very casual, the interviewer was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. One person interviewed me for a bit and then they switched and someone else asked me a few more questions.

Interview Questions

• The last question was "Why should we offer you this position?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anoka, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Anoka, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and within a couple days received an email requesting an interview and when the day came I was asked about 10 simple questions on who I am as a person. Very easy going, in and out in under 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviews are all the same and based off of a company question sheet. Apply online for a hiring store and follow up for an interview. Individual districts may share hires.

Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

It was really casual, the manager made me a coffee and then we sat and talked for about twenty minutes. It was very low stress for me and felt more like having a conversation. They offered me the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Eagan, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

I was extremely interested in working for this company, so I interviewed at 4 locations. The interview process itself was great, but 3/4 locations claimed they would call me the next day, and none of them did. I would've preferred a call even if I hadn't gotten the job! Finally in the 4th interview at the 4th location I asked "when can I start?" and I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was actually pretty relaxed. We met at the store and my interviewer explained to me her role and career at Caribou Coffee. She explained the four values and the Caribou mission statement. The interview only took about 20-25 minutes. I included a lot of the questions I was asked and they are intended to be helpful. Before this interview, I found lots of interview questions and tips on this site that were also useful.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company's website for several AGM positions. Roughly two weeks later I received a call from a GM and was asked if I was still looking for a new job, to which I stated yes. The GM asked me a couple basic questions like why was I looking for a new job etc. The phone call lasted about roughly 7 minutes and we set up a time for an interview the following Sunday. When I went in for the interview, I told the person behind the counter that I was there for an interview and they offered me a drink on the house and told me that the GM would be with me momentarily. The GM asked me some basic questions about who I was, what I liked to do, and what my goals were. They then asked me a couple questions and then said that another person would be with me to ask me some questions as well, which I believe was the AGM. They asked me a few questions about myself and some basic interview questions and then said that they would send the GM back to talk with me. The whole process took roughly a half hour, which was concerning. Both of them came back and said that they wanted me to join their team and when I was able to start. I told them that I would have to look over the job offer and had an interview the next day and wanted to see what they had to offer before I accepted anything. Unfortunately they were only willing to offer me a Shift Supervisor position, which was not the position I had applied for at that location and not the position that I was told I would be interviewing for during the initial phone call. They never asked me any questions pertaining to a management position, what type of leader I was or what my leadership style was. They were all basic questions as if I had applied for my very first job. I would have more then likely declined the interview if they stated that they would not offer me an AGM position since I haven't had any recent restaurant experience. However, the GM did state that if I showed initiative and got certified in all of the areas quickly, I would have the opportunity to potentially get an AGM position, but I simply could not justify taking that drastic of a pay cut for that much of an unknown.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you an elephant, what would you do with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in three words.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe Caribou to someone who doesn't know anything about the company?   Answer Question