Carillion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carillion (Roanoke, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and I also sent a detailed, well prepared resume with cover letter to HR and also followed up with a phone call to only hear that they never received either. After reading the reviews on GD, I'm glad the interview never occurred.

Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carillion.

Interview

Panel interview with case study given prior in order to prepare and subject for presentation also provided. Around an hour for interview with a panel of 3 asking competency based questions with review of case study and a 10 minute presentation on your first 100 days in role.

Interview Questions

• Presentation - your first 100 days in role
      Competency based questions
      Case study review   Answer Question

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Carillion (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Scheduled telephone interview which lasted about 40 minutes in February 2017. Asked 3 or 4 competency based questions and gave detailed answers using examples. Passed that and invited to assessment center in Wolverhampton with about 9 other people in March 2017. Three sections to day which we were assessed on: group work - put into groups of 4 and used bendy tubes to attempt to make a bridge, presentation - present to 1 assessor (not in front of group) why Carillion should invest in me, and finally an interview. Interview was similiar to telephone questions and reflected the 4 values of Carillion. One week later I received an e-mail to confirm I had passed the assessment center, however I didn't have a place within the company yet. 3 months have now passed and I am yet to find out whether I have secured a place.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carillion (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online then had a phone interview after a behaviour test. After finding out I passed the interview I was invited to the assessment centre. We had to do a task building a bridge out of adult lego in a group. Following this we did a presentation on why Carillion should invest in us. After that was the interview itself. Very positive interview the assessors were very nice and put my nerves at ease. About 5 weeks later I got the call to say I passed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had conflicting ideas to a colleague.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time driven situation you had to work towards to achieve a desired result.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

Interview

I applied online in September 2016. The process took 2 months then had a telephone interview.following the telephone interview, I interviewed at Carillion (Wolverhampton, England).

On the assessment day it involved a group exercise to build a bridge and car from like lego sort of thing, presentation on why would carillion invest in you? preparation 5mins and presententation and then questions, interview one on one questions on the same as the presentation and got asked a few extra simple competency questions

Interview Questions

• Why would Carillion invest in you?
      had to present our answer using a poster   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carillion (Wolverhampton, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a very well constructed assessment day and they made us feel relaxed within a friendly environment.
    The first stage was group exercise (to build a bridge with Lego), then we had to prepare a presentation about the values of the company and finally, there was a 45-minute interview with competency questions (such as phone interview).

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carillion (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It felt like it was more of an interrogation. Each answer I gave was never enough until they maybe got the answer closer to what they were looking for. I asked what it was like to work for carillion and it didn't seem as though they wanted to give the truth and the answer I got was just that it's a lot of work and they all help each other out. I decided straight away I did want to work for carillion. I couldn't see through to the personalities of the interviewers at all.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carillion (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

After the screening process, there is a behaviour assessment and then phone interview, from this if successful it is the assessment centre stage. Assessment centre involved building a bridge using adult sized lego.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carillion (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a phone interview that lasted approximately 20 minutes. The interviewer was a very nice lady and was easy to talk to. It was a competency based interview so the questions were based on situations you have found yourself in and how you have dealt with them. The interviewer was happy to answer questions and was very cooperative.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe a time when you worked under pressure to meet a deadline?
      2) Describe a time when you had conflicting ideas to a colleague?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carillion (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

group exercise to build a bridge and car, presentation on their 4 values with 30mins to prepare and 5mins to present and 10mins of questions, interview one on one questions on the same as the presentation