Carino's Italian Grill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carino's Italian Grill

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill (Missouri City, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I walked in to get an application after a recommendation from a friend. I got an interview and was hired right away.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill (Durham, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

There was a one on one interview and a callback, where you were in a induction to there ways of business.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill (Corpus Christi, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process took about a week. Had two interviews, one with the kitchen manager and one with the general manager. They where both very casual and friendly. The first interview was with the kitchen manager and he just asked simple questions about sanitation and following procedures. The second interview was with the general manager and he asked me a lot of questions about why I was applying at Carino's and what I was looking to gain out of employment with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill (El Paso, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Very straightforward, if you show charisma and concern for the experience of a customer, the management will see that. Also, smiling and being able to stay profession and interact with your peers is a plus

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Carinos Italian Grill?   1 Answer

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

really bad HR lady, she had no clue what she was doing

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work here?   1 Answer
    • how long do you plan on working here if offered a job?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

They were so friendly made me feel at ease. Emphasized the importance of my position. They asked the cliche interview questions overall very easy.what would you contribute to this company?

Interview Questions

• What super power would you like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was my first job sk we didn't negotiate I was happy to take any amount of salary

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill in May 2012.

Interview

Very informal; the manager didn't even check my references. walked up to me before I was even finished with the app and hired me on the spot, after asking me why i thought I'd be good at the job and some questions about my personality. It was surprising as I have no food service experience, or even experience at a real job. They just had me watch a few videos then bs a food preparation quiz. It took probably 2.5 hours and I start work the next day. My guess is that they are rather understaffed.
    It seems really informal. I have no idea if it's gonna be great or awful. The management is all girls and they seem both really into it and really casual at the same time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did no negotiating; i just wanted the job. I don't think the pay rate is very negotiable. It's just an hourly rate that depends on your state [ridiculously low; in texas it's $2.13] plus tips.

Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill in October 2009.

Interview

Went into the restaurant and asked for a application. After obtaining application, I filled it out and returned it and was told they would call if there was any job openings. After calling to check on my application a few days later they called me and scheduled and interview. I dressed as other waiters who work there do and went in for the interview and was offered the job.

Server Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill in March 2008.

Interview

walked into the restaraunt, asked if they were hiring and was offered an application to fill out. told to wait for a manager to speak with. talked to the manager and was asked to come back in a couple of days when the GM was there.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about working in a high intensity atmosphere?   1 Answer