Carl Zeiss Meditec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.4

Clinical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (Dublin, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on line, and they contacted me by phone. Then I called them back for more than 3 times, and they finally processed the phone screen with the hiring manager. Even though I applied for clinical scientist, the hiring manager said they were not looking for clinical people any more. Instead, she asked me a lot of programming and experience in matching objective method to subjective experience, which is not mentioned in the job description at all. I am not mad or something, just think it is kind of funny. They contacted me by phone and then left a message...after that, I had to repeatedly call them to figure out what is going on. And then the interview was more interesting. The hiring manager is like a typical scientist without any interest in anything by her own world. Anyways, she still said I did good job in my studies, but not very related to what she is doing. I was laughing and told myself if the job description was right, I would not be interested in the job and wasted my and her time. LOL. Anyways, it is a very funny experience.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (Ontario, CA).

Interview

It was funny when they try to ask about your personal life not very professional. And they want to know if you do drugs. They should check management before they start asking questions like that

Senior Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (Dublin, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

20 min Presentation and interviewed with a group of people, more specific on the US FDA 510(k) submissions.
    Answering questions on the details of my previous regulatory work and experience working with China!

Interview Questions

• Why you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (San Jose, CA).

Interview

HR called first, then spoke to manager over phone, invited onsite. Everything went well, I cleared all the interviews, manager told me the same day we are going to make an offer to you. HR calls the following day asks me about my salary expectation. my current salary was way over what they had in mind but I was willing to negotiate; after the silence of 1 week, I followed up, they told me that they will not continue with my candidacy. I personally found them very unprofessional, if they were so bracketed regarding the salary they should have got that cleared in the very first HR phone conversation. Waste of my time. Overall I dont recommend this place at all.

Interview Questions

• first round was coding test rotate a rgb file by 90 degrees, some basic c++, gpu, design pattern stuff.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (Dublin, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview; Then followed by Hiring Manager, Marketing colleagues, HR and VP of marketing. This occurred via one 30mins phone interview; then two one hour face to face meetings. The latter i was interviewed by two individuals at a time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style? How do you handle difficult projects? Tell us about your success stories in your career.   Answer Question

Customer Service Order Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (Dublin, CA).

Interview

The hiring interview was very brief. Just went over my past experience and then went over what the current position responsibilities would be. Took maybe 15 to 20 minutes. After the interview they said they would call me to let me know.

Interview Questions

• What type of skill sets do you have? Do you know basic CRM database? Have you ever worked with SAP software? The interview process was pretty basic and very easy going. One of the easiest interview I've ever had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They basically sent an offer letter via the mail after telling me on the phone that they were moving forward with me. I signed and returned the offer letter.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (Oakland, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with HR representative and engaged with National Service Manager and National Service Supervisor for a one hour discussion on job responsibilities, service territory, expectations, Training schedule and OJT requirements..

Interview Questions

• Did I have an issue with expanded travel demand and responses to immediate customer needs?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec.

Interview

They utilize contract H.R. personnel to do initial interviews after posting openings on job boards. The process is scattershot dependent upon which department is hiring. Some departments have more rigorous standards than others. Background checks are standard, although there is no drug screening, which is surprising for a company in the medical device industry. If you're a friend of the hiring manager - you're in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and easy.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornwood, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (Thornwood, NY).

Interview

Hired through head hunter. Two interviews that went very smoothly

Interview Questions

• If i died what would my head stone say?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Got offered a salary and a raise after I completed a certification which I did.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Meditec (Dublin, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and was provided no feedback after following up. About 2 weeks later received an invite to come onsite to meet with the hiring manager and a couple other folks on the team. Interview went well however, the hiring manager was non-responsive after weeks of reaching out via email and voice-mails. Overall, I feel that the company has much to offer and the team seemed passionate about their roles. However, with regards to the hiring process, you just didn't know where you stood due to the lack of communication etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you function with a team and what type of manual process have you performed in the past?   Answer Question