Carl Zeiss Vision Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Carl Zeiss Vision Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

2.8

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Vision (San Diego, CA).

Interview

In initial phone screen by the recruiter, followed by several 1:1 meetings involving direct manager and other members of the management team, followed by closing interview by a human resources representative.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions were fairly standard and routine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation involved. You are presented with a package.

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Vision (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with AP Supervisor and then accounting manager. Overall it was an easy and straight forward interview. HR was very nice and informative about the position and who I would be meeting during the interview. They were looking to hire someone quickly, as there were transitioning their payables to the corporate office in San Diego.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Vision (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who was very polite and set up the interview at they company offices. After a brief talk with the recruiter, I was interviewed by two different members of the management. One of them was very late (I sat and waited in the room for 20 minutes). It tuned out to be the direct supervisor for the open position. When she finally showed up, she offered no apologies for lateness and proceeded by asking slightly bizarre questions like which functions in Excel I know how to use. I have 10+ yrs of excel experience and consider myself an advanced user, but even a complete novice could figure out pretty much everything since few software packages have a help database as extensive as MS Office.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Vision (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process seemed to be unorganized with few appropriate competency questions. I have a friend there that says the organization is very disfunctional with many unhappy employees and unfit and unfriendly management, especially the VP of marketing. I interviewed anyways and found the salary to be on the low side.

Interview Questions

• Just wanted a summary of experience. Didn't seem to understand what they wanted.   Answer Question

Salary was too low.

Senior Manager, Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Vision (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with the VP of Procurement. VP asked me very good questions that I was able to answer with no problem. I initially had a phone interview with HR and then they called me to invite me into their office in San Diego. The VP of Procurement who sits in HQ in Germany, came to the US to interview me....I'm sure he/she came to San Diego for other reasons as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a key negotiation that impacted your company.   1 Answer