Carl's Jr Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carl's Jr Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2016

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Glendale, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Short & simple. Availability and experience mostly asked. I came in with no experience and got hired a few days later. (I got interviewed 1 day after I applied.) Interview took place at the restaurant. Note: My interview took place in the manager's office, downstairs of the restaurant. 3-5 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Carl's Jr

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Its was easy just one round and interviewer was friendly too. Great environment. Easy questions based on your resume and some behavioral questions. and to sum off they details us more about company.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience, when you gave best customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (North Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online in January 2016 to many of the nearest ones. Finally was called 3/3/16 saying I had an interview that Monday (3/7). Showed up 10 minutes early and was interview by the manager. We sat down at a booth, she had a binder out and was writing all the info I gave her from the Qs she asked. Basically asked about age, availability, and if I had reliable transportation. Was told they were hiring for the new one opening up in 2 weeks. Was told I would be called "later". Never called.

Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Medford, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Had to do two interviews, I think they initially wanted 3, however I cannot recall for sure. The first interview, they lost my application, and resume, so I had to fill out a new one while they interviewed someone else, they were disorganized and running late, when they had no reason to be, as the GM, AM, and other supervisors were working. The second interview, I was hired in the middle of, the AM interviewed me and she really liked my personality, and said she really wanted to hire me and went to talk to the GM for permission. The two interviews were both fairly similar, asking questions about your previous work history and what you would be the thing you wouldn't enjoy doing (cashier, prep, cook) they just try to gauge your competence and whether or not you seem reliable and trustworthy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a challenge, and what did you do to overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please avoid working here if you can, it will take you nowhere, and you will be disrespected by your boss.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Montclair, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely brief, it was with the assistant manager. She was extremely nice and down to earth so i warmed up to her quick. The only thing that got me irritated was her "qualifications" necessary for the job. She was looking for someone that primarily focused on friendly service to the clientele. Some one who was "playful with everyone yet serious". And she felt that i wasnt that. She even pointed out how i laughed during the interview and said " you smiled! see that's what im looking for." Haha as if im allergic to smiling. I don't know she was very nice and down to earth but that was not only a bit irritating but weird.

Interview Questions

• Why it was I went from a family owned construction business to fast food.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied by phone, and was asked some simple questions. The manager then asked me to come i by the next business day to interview me in person. The interview only took 5 - 10 min.

Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Sonora, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I came into the restaurant and asked to see the manager. He was out, but the shift leader gave me an application and some advice. I was told to come back in to meet the manager, who still wasn't in. The last day I came in, I ended up waiting 2 hours for the manager. When he finally arrived, he gave me an interview and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online then called in to ask if they were hiring. They said they were so I went in 2 times in the next 2 days to talk to the manager. The manager asked me to come in 2 days later for an interview. I came in waited for 5 minutes and then the manager asked me 2 questions. It was less than 5 minutes I kid you not. The main reason it was so short is because there is a huge language barrier. 90% of the staff's first language is Spanish. Meaning if you don't speak Spanish you're gonna be in huge trouble trying to understand each other. After those two questions I was asked to come in 2 days from then to get my paperwork and all that worked out. It was a very fast process I started right away.

Interview Questions

• Are you a citizen or do you have a visa? Do you speak Spanish?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (North Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Just a basic interview. Got asked the usual interview questions, And it was all going very well to me and I thought I had got the job and that they would call me back in two days but they never called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Diamond Bar, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

S. Manager: Store Manager
    D. Manager: District Manager

I did walk-ins at various fast-food chains in the area.

(at this point I was inexperienced at getting hired)
    I contacted their S manager and asked if they are currently hiring. I was told by the S manager that they are currently looking for people for that store. Manager told me that they are however out of paper applications and to apply online and to call in when I have finished. I was also told to get a California Food Handler certificate (it was $15 and expires 3 years from date taken.)

I went home and went on Carl's Jr career section. I found 3 stores in the area. The one I wanted to work at had an 404 error for that store (their store page was down), so I had to wait until they had papers printed (took a week). When they did have it I filled one and applied and was asked by the S manager how much do you want this job. I said I need this job so I can have a steady income and go back to school. S manager stated that they will give it to their D manager and will have to wait for their response.

4 days later I have not gotten an answer, so I walk in person and asked S manager if they are actively hiring. S manager tells me to hold on and gets me in contact with D manager in person and I got an interview on the spot regarding why I want this job (will add questions to other section). I got other forms to fill and was told to get work shoes and a haircut. My hair was apparently too long when I had already gotten a haircut from shoulder length to an around the ear short hairstyle, but D manager wanted a faded kind of haircut.

I go back the next day with a new haircut and had to sign some contracts/forms and submit a b/w copy of social security and state ID. I was told to come in tomorrow.

I arrived at work with black pants and white t-shirt. I was given a small red uniform and cap to wear. I started working right away without really being told my schedule.