Carl's Jr Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peyton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Peyton, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Walked in, Asked For the Manager. Get an App and filled it out. came back the following day, sat down for 5 minutes talking, got hired and started work the following day.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr in March 2014.

Interview

About 5 people with me ,she called us one by one .Asked about my school hours and talked about what I would need to do if hired and then practiced talking to customers

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What can you bring to a team?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Insanely easy asked me if I could work certain hours and then hired me. My boss asked if I had ever worked before and I said no and he said that fine so and it meant I didn't have any bad habits.

Interview Questions

• Can you work from 4-10 every weekend?   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (San Diego, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

quick, easy, simple questions. very straight forward. they know what they want and they will take you in if you are a great fit. if you are, you are hired at the spot. if not, takes bout 3-4 days to receive a call

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied in May 2016, then after hearing nothing called them in August 2016 and she told me to come in for an interview two days later. Once i got there, she told me to sit somewhere in the back so i did and i waited about 10 minutes before she came over. She asked the questions stated below and said she liked my smile for the job. I smiled throughout the whole interview and just played it off like i wasnt nervous at all. I told her it would be my first job and then we talked about my scheduling and that i took the bus so she told me to talk with my brother about if i could work late since im only 16 and she doesnt want it to be a problem. It was a really nice relaxed interview and i didnt actually feel nervous for once lol.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Monterey Park, CA).

Interview

Got there early, there were other interviewees. The interviewer didn't see us and was gone for like 20 minutes. When she finally saw us, it was 1 on 1 interview. During mine she asked what my availability was, room for improvement, strength weaknesses, all the good good. She said she'd call everyone in the next week to let them know and she never called.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr.

Interview

I got there, prepared for my interview and when the hiring manager spoke to me, he didn't even ask any questions. We sat down and he just told me that I was hired. He told me about the training process and the next steps I had to take. It went very smooth.

Anonymous Employee in Harbor City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Harbor City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I expected the interview to be longer, honestly. I was asked if I had any serving or food prep/cooking experience. I was also asked about my schedule availability, and if I was attending school currently or would be in the future. I was told by the store manager that she did not think that the employees that she had currently hired were ready for Shift Leader or supervisor-type positions, and I was also told that there was room for advancement. I was also told that I would have to get a food handler's certificate in the near future (during the onboarding process) in order to actually work with food.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had experience with using a cash register (cashiering and money handling in general).   1 Answer
    • I was asked if I had a current food handler's certificate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakhurst, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Oakhurst, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I entered, waited an additional 40 minutes after my scheduled time as the general manager was flirting with a female employee during a rush and was when interviewed asked if I had slip resistant shoes and could start now. I said yes and was employed so he could leave early.

Interview Questions

• Do you have slip resistant shoes?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

you interview with at least two people and they ask you a few questions about your past and present employment and why your looking and what you are looking for. not a difficult process.

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for?   1 Answer