Carle Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.5

PSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL).

Interview

Long! I had to come back for three total interviews. 1 with human resources, another with the manager of my department and another where I was interviewed by a panel of coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Carle, why was I qualified - the usual.   1 Answer

Medical Assistant Interview

Interview

get called by HR if department wants to proceed with an interview, set up a time to do interview with the department. once interview is over the department will let HR know if they want to offer a position or not, if they do HR will contact you, so that you can contact the department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Application was sent through an e-mail address. Administrative Assistant e-mailed me a few days after submitting my application to see if I was still interested and we scheduled a time/day with interviewer. Was interviewed by Director and it was fairly easy. She asked me my goals and interests and we talked for fairly long. I enjoyed it very much.

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Kind of a long process, took about two months before I got to orientation. Interviewed with HR then got a call two weeks later to interview with my manager and then about three weeks later was told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you handled a situation in a professional manner?   Answer Question

Clinical Res Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Application: The employers website is very easy to use and have your application filled out. My interview process has nothing to do with my application/resume.
    Interview Process: Few days after the application has been submitted, HR called me for a preliminary interview. They asked me about education background and other qualifications. A week -10 days later, I received another call from HR confirming the interview time and date. On the day of, I was interviewed by the manager of the department. The interview lasted for 1 hour and was more casual than formal. It helped as I was already an employee and was transferring from one department to another.
    The manager explained in great detail about the expectations and possible challenges. I was given time to ask questions regarding the position and they were answered to my satisfaction.

Compensation Negotiation: This was the worst experience ever. After being informed by the manager that I have been selected for the position, the HR was my next call to negotiate my compensation. Carle is one of the largest employers but does not tend to show the same intent when it comes to pay. I was offered the absolute lowest compensation, despite having the qualifications and experience. My education was not considered as HR thought - "everyone has bachelors and masters education", and my experience in healthcare was not "special". Despite several attempts, the compensation was not satisfactory and I only accepted it as it is a temporary situation.

Interview Questions

• How long was I willing to stay with the Organization?   1 Answer

Lab Specimen Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carle Hospital.

Interview

Application online took about two weeks then called for an interview. I was interviewed one on one. It was pretty easy. They do a background check and drug test. They were mainly asking about previous work experience. The lady was nice and the pay is ok. The shift i was interviewed for was second shift. Previous medical lab work is required although not specified. No offer because i had lab experience just no medical.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carle Hospital.

Interview

I interviewed with respiratory Manager and a few co workers. I did a phone interview with HR first. Then scheduled manager with the manager and peer review. They discussed pay but it is very low even for a first year RRT

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Orientation and insurance classes...Long...wayyyyyy too long and the way they're set up is a waste of time and money. I came away from a week of Insurance class with next to nothing...horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Initial interview was pleasant, but their insurance classes and the way they have employee's jumping through hoops for crappy pay is absolutely horrible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was pretty black and white. Take the job as is or decline the job. I accepted with a large cut in pay just to keep from being jobless.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carle Hospital in December 2014.

Interview

Took 3 interviews before I actually got offered the job. Interviews are very easy and the people are friendly. The last interview is with a peer group. Second one is with the managers.

Interview Questions

• Such as where do you see yourself in 5 years? Very common interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate, they offered me more than I thought.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Carle Hospital.

Interview

It was mostly very general questions, and the woman was very kind. However, she was looking at someone else's records by accident and I got very confused when she asked me about my "history." She realized that this was a mistake. I met at the office and talked to the interviewer 1:1. Overall, I had a positive experience. I looked at this position through the website, and I contacted the person by phone to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the person you were caring for pushed their religious views on you?   Answer Question