Carle Hospital Interview Questions in Urbana, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

PSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL).

Interview

Long! I had to come back for three total interviews. 1 with human resources, another with the manager of my department and another where I was interviewed by a panel of coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for Carle, why was I qualified - the usual.   1 Answer

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Kind of a long process, took about two months before I got to orientation. Interviewed with HR then got a call two weeks later to interview with my manager and then about three weeks later was told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you handled a situation in a professional manner?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Application was sent through an e-mail address. Administrative Assistant e-mailed me a few days after submitting my application to see if I was still interested and we scheduled a time/day with interviewer. Was interviewed by Director and it was fairly easy. She asked me my goals and interests and we talked for fairly long. I enjoyed it very much.

Clinical Res Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Application: The employers website is very easy to use and have your application filled out. My interview process has nothing to do with my application/resume.
    Interview Process: Few days after the application has been submitted, HR called me for a preliminary interview. They asked me about education background and other qualifications. A week -10 days later, I received another call from HR confirming the interview time and date. On the day of, I was interviewed by the manager of the department. The interview lasted for 1 hour and was more casual than formal. It helped as I was already an employee and was transferring from one department to another.
    The manager explained in great detail about the expectations and possible challenges. I was given time to ask questions regarding the position and they were answered to my satisfaction.

Compensation Negotiation: This was the worst experience ever. After being informed by the manager that I have been selected for the position, the HR was my next call to negotiate my compensation. Carle is one of the largest employers but does not tend to show the same intent when it comes to pay. I was offered the absolute lowest compensation, despite having the qualifications and experience. My education was not considered as HR thought - "everyone has bachelors and masters education", and my experience in healthcare was not "special". Despite several attempts, the compensation was not satisfactory and I only accepted it as it is a temporary situation.

Interview Questions

• How long was I willing to stay with the Organization?   1 Answer

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

A recruiter will schedule and arrange most of the interviewing process. They make an initial contact, schedule a phone interview, and forward your application to the department manager or director for further review. After an in-person interview, the recruiter will contact you again with an offer and salary negotiation based on their formula, which I feel undervalues experience you may have.

Interview Questions

• Why should I pick you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was barely able to get hired at $0.25 over the starting wage for techs with no experience coming in with over two years of directly related experience.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter and they got me the interview. This process included a phone interview that led to an on site interview with the manager. Since the interview went well, my recruiter got a hold of me 2 days later with an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what I know Windows easy transfer and how are react to certain situations and environments.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Medical Supplies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was lucky enough to get a call from HR recruiter. Set up interview with HR recruiter a week later. Went in for interview with HR, that lasted an hour. Then did a panel interview with 6 individuals at the location and that took an hour. Was told they would call me in two weeks. Waited two weeks and had to email the HR recruiter for an update. was then told they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was the panel interview after an hour ling interview with the HR recruiter.   Answer Question

Healthcare Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

The HR took a while to call but once they set up an interview everything ran very smoothly and they were helpful in answering in questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strong points.   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was alright. They will not interview you at the main campus, you have to go somewhere else and this can be a little confusing. I arrived 15 mins early and had to wait for about a half an hour in a waiting area with other interviewees. The interview itself was fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

Systems Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Carle Hospital (Urbana, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied through the online portal and received a call back three weeks later for an interview. Interview was conducted in three parts, an hour meeting with an HR rep, 30 minutes with the hiring manager and 30 minutes with a group of help desk members.

HR rep did not show at the specified time and place, and that part was skipped until the end of the interview. The dress code for the position is very casual, and even in the interview I felt overdress in just a button down, tie and slacks.

The questions were not difficult, mostly pertaining to technical knowledge of systems and willingness to take call after hours and if I had a license and automobile. The help desk group asked the most challenging technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the steps you would use to troubleshoot and repair a PC that will boot up and run, but crashes whenever running a full screen application?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.