Carleton University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carleton University Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SPA Welcome Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carleton University (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Every week a casting call is held on Fridays between 1 - 4pm. If you submit a resume chances are they will invite you to this. SHOW UP EARLY! (Before 1pm) to secure one of their few interview spots. This is one of the only places where you are guaranteed an interview (at least)! Once that interview is completed they may put you through to another interview right away. After that they will call you back after they meet on the following Monday to discuss hiring, if they like you. The final step is a final interview and completing a quiz on Brookstreet and the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why Brookstreet? What can you tell us about Brookstreet? Can you tell us about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer? What charities does Brookstreet support? Have you ever had a situation where an employee was dishonest?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carleton University in January 2009.

Interview

The communication mostly took place by e-mail. The chair notified me that I was one of the finalist for the position, and he flew me in for the interview. The interview consisted of: Meeting with the dean, teaching a class, giving a job talk, interviewing one on one with many people in the department, interviewing with the search committee. The interview also included "informal" components, such as dining out with the chair, with committee members, with students, etc. (which are still part of the interview process). The schedule was demanding but enough breaks in between to be humane.

Interview Questions

• How much of X should all the students in the department take?   1 Answer