Carlson Wagonlit Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL).

Interview

So I was initially contacted by a recruiter out of London for a job in Chicago. Strange, but I thought it would be good to listen. I proceeded to have 3 phone interviews with folks in the UK as well as France. Then I had a lunch interview locally. At that point I was told by the recruiter that an offer would be coming. I waited another week and they went silent. Then the recruiter sent me an email stating an offer for better than what I was asking for would be coming in 24 hours and asked if I would consider it. I said I would consider any offer that came my way. Then another week went by when I was contacted by the guy in France stating he wanted to meet me in person before they present the offer. So we met and I thought it was a good discussion. The recruiter followed up in a way which I was led to believe an offer was coming. Then I got an email stating they were not offering me the position with no real explanation. So overall I'm less than impressed with this company. They seem disorganized and at least this part of the organization is not functioning well. And although I'm disappointed that I didn't receive an offer I'm kind of glad because they seem insincere and not truthful.

Interview Questions

• Mainly experiential questions about my background and how I manage people.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview where they just explained the position and a little bit about the company. Then a in-person interview with the VP of Sales and Senior Director of HR. I had to create a presentation to showcase why I would be a great fit for their team. Then then finally I had to take an online sales personality assessment.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First went through a screening interview. That interview was about 30 minutes long with an HR representative. She was very nice! Next, I had a follow-up interview with a different HR rep and the hiring manager. This lasted an hour and included a presentation that I was to prepare. The hiring manager was awesome and very good with feedback. Finally, I had to complete a personality screen before the offer was extended. The time between interview and offer was about 2 weeks.

Overall, everyone was very helpful and gave great feedback!

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?   Answer Question
    • If you could choose your compensation distribution would you choose 50/50, 70/30 (comp/salary), or 30/70 (comp/salary)?   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was average, I had a talk with HR then hiring manager. After that I talk to the VP and senior data analyst from the team. After that the last round happened with the director of marketing. And then I got a rejection mail, stating that my technical skills didn't match. It took 5 rounds for them to understand that I am not suitable for this position.

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in January 2017.

Interview

Had original interview with HR, than with the hiring manager. Interview questions were pretty standard but more focused on current/past experience. Was told it would be a multi-step interview but did not get to the next round.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Received a very bizarre call. The recruiter told me how awful my resume is and that unless I changed it no one would ever call. The woman then stated she thought I was "awesome" and if I change your resume to what she suggested, she will interview me. Also suggested that I lie about a couple of things. Then continued to insult me and brought up topic of race; not directed at me but still very inappropriate. Strangest phone screen I've ever had! She emailed me requesting a new resume. I politely declined. Too bad because I've heard good things about the company. I wonder if corporate knows how they are being represented......

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Several rounds of phone interviews with several layers of management across the globe as they were opening a Chicago office. Supervisor had a lot of energy but was probably reigned in by more of a stuffy corporate culture. I'm not sure I would have taken the job had it been offered to me.

Corporate Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call with general interview, expectations and company information which was followed by Test by a Supervisor with an actual customer service call process. Not very difficult - Caller put you at ease.

Travel Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Interview

All done on the telephone. Never met with my Manager in person. I have one interview with my manager and about 1 week later I had a phone interview with my manager and her manager at the same time via a conference call.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on their web site, an HR recruiter called and did a primary phone interview.
    HR calls to vet the candidate and if the candidate's experience is in line with the position, an interview is scheduled with the hiring manager. A meeting request is sent to the candidate reiterating the time and date of the interview and who will be in on the interview. On the day of the phone interview, the hiring manager and candidate's direct Supervisor called and the interview proceeded. Within a few days, I received a courteous email that stated they went in a different direction in the hiring process. What was most impressive was that I was offered the name of a company who might be interested in my talents, and in line with my experience and person's name to contact. I was extremely impressed with the courtesies offered to me.

Interview Questions

• The manager of the department is located in Manila, Philippines and asked since I would be working in the St Louis office, but my manager would be in the Philippines if that would be a problem.   1 Answer
    • How are you when you're working under pressure?   1 Answer