Carlson Wagonlit Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carlson Wagonlit Travel Interview Questions

Interviews at Carlson Wagonlit Travel

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Interview

Interview process was a fairly smooth. The whole process was done on the phone with a presentation on Skype. A total of 2 calls with 2 interviewers. The communication with recruiter was a little longer.

Interview Questions

• They gave a model of their system and asked to prepare a presentation.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Very disappointed in the recruiting process at this company. I was contacted by a recruiter who requested some time slot availability for an initial screening. I sent a few options and then never heard back, even after several follow-ups. I’ve heard stories of being ghosted by recruiters but have never experienced it until now.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Houston, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

So far, I have made it to step 2 out of 5 steps. The application process followed by an email about two weeks after inquiring about interest based on pay. As, well desire to perform the job.

Interview Questions

• What type of travel agent experience do you have? If, none what experience would make you a good fit?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

3rd party recruiter reached out via LinkedIn and the first thing he wanted was a copy of my resume. I pushed back and asked for a phone call so I can better understand the job and responsibilities. Within 2 days we connected on the phone and he took 2-3 minutes explaining the role. But the first question he asked me was "how much money do you want to make?" When I refused to answer the question and asked for a range, he started negotiating what the base pay + bonus will be even before finding out about my skills and my experience and what I did. Needlessly to say, the call ended.

Who starts the first conversation with negotiating pay over the phone even before asking basic questions about experience/skills? And the kicker is that he did not even know what the benefits package was...

Stay away from this company

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

Firstly, a phone interview , they asked a few technical questions and then asked me to brief them on my resume and accomplishments including my educational background. Then a case study to profer solutions for

Interview Questions

• How would you approach tasks brought upon by different managers   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Interview

Thank manager was very nice. She asked why I had been a contractor so long, and I replied very frankly "racism". Companies would not hire me. She offered me the opportunity to work as a salaried employee remotely and i accepted. The day I started, she was gone.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I felt I could do the job.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

A slow and dragged out process. But easy questions with good conversation. A presentation is required to demonstrate abilities. Overall, it is an average interview process with good people and average questions.

Senior Director Interview

Interview

I have applied to posted positions at Carlson Wagonlit Travel several times, and have had the same experience each time. The recruiters who process the applications do not respond and eventually I hear that the positions have been filled either internally, or without going through the applicant pool. I assume this means they are hiring only people known to them or the hiring manager.

Senior Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Warren, MI) in August 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 ladies in upper management. Very pleasant ladies and very informative. Asked questions about different situations. Described in detail duties of position and benefits which sounded great. Benefits on day one...a big plus. Quick turnaround with offer and information. Test was required before interview. Fairly easy and brief.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

Process took over 2 months. Applied online. Received a call for an initial phone screening. After the phone screen, I had a 45 minute phone interview with the department manager. A week later, a 60 minute phone interview with the former designer. A month after applying, an on-site, three-hour interview was scheduled with 3 different department heads. Took another month to hear back from the company that they had picked a different candidate.