Carlson Wagonlit Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First went through a screening interview. That interview was about 30 minutes long with an HR representative. She was very nice! Next, I had a follow-up interview with a different HR rep and the hiring manager. This lasted an hour and included a presentation that I was to prepare. The hiring manager was awesome and very good with feedback. Finally, I had to complete a personality screen before the offer was extended. The time between interview and offer was about 2 weeks.

Overall, everyone was very helpful and gave great feedback!

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?   Answer Question
    • If you could choose your compensation distribution would you choose 50/50, 70/30 (comp/salary), or 30/70 (comp/salary)?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in July 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is very easy. Years ago, they would give you a test to pass before the interviewer would see you. As long as you know what you're doing on the test with the travel knowledge, you should be fine. Just smile and do your best! They usually will let know fairly quickly if you got the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions, were the scenarios listed on the test. I remember re-reading some of them, so that I fully understood the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was not that difficult. They basically know by the job you had before and what their position pays. They meet you in the middle.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Interview

It was easy, I just had to take a typing test, take a mock phone call, do the regular interview and talk about my past experience in the industry. I passed the typing test with flying colors as well as the mock phone call and ended up getting a call back with a job offer within 2 hours of leaving.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with your manager   1 Answer

Corporate Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Downers Grove, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 supervisors prior to being hired. My work experience as an Eastern Airlines agent was excellent and I was hired at the highest pay scale. I was interview, tested and evaluated on my selling skill and travel knowledge

Interview Questions

• They were all travel related questions   1 Answer

Corporate Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call with general interview, expectations and company information which was followed by Test by a Supervisor with an actual customer service call process. Not very difficult - Caller put you at ease.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Received a very bizarre call. The recruiter told me how awful my resume is and that unless I changed it no one would ever call. The woman then stated she thought I was "awesome" and if I change your resume to what she suggested, she will interview me. Also suggested that I lie about a couple of things. Then continued to insult me and brought up topic of race; not directed at me but still very inappropriate. Strangest phone screen I've ever had! She emailed me requesting a new resume. I politely declined. Too bad because I've heard good things about the company. I wonder if corporate knows how they are being represented......

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I previously applied for a position with them but the hours weren't a good fit. Found another position I was interested in and emailed my cover letter and resume to the recruiter who contacted me regarding the previous position. She set up a face to face interview with two sets of people.

The first 2 people were HR I believe. They just asked about my background. I slipped up on one of the questions early on and knew from there I had no chance at the job. The next 2 people were the hiring manager and another manager. They explained the position in more detail, asked about my background, then asked just a couple STAR questions.

The entire process was relatively painless. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. I received my rejection letter rather quickly which was also nice.

Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Minnetonka, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

First there was a 30 minute phone interview with HR to run through your resume. Then there was a 2 hour interview with two sets of two people. These interviews were like any other interview I have had. Basic interview questions, not hard.

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews (at least 3). Offer came on fourth call. Extensive background check. Be honest and enthusiastic and if you are the right fit they will know and you will be given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be in sales?   1 Answer

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was average, I had a talk with HR then hiring manager. After that I talk to the VP and senior data analyst from the team. After that the last round happened with the director of marketing. And then I got a rejection mail, stating that my technical skills didn't match. It took 5 rounds for them to understand that I am not suitable for this position.

Business Development Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a CWT Recruiter who sent me an email to setup an Interview time. We later spoke and then she set me up to speak with the Hiring Manager. In speaking with the recruiter it was an overall description as well as some questions on my experience. The hiring manager has some more detailed questions and then later asked me to send her a business plan of what my setup of hitting the road getting business. The entire process took from around 25 days.

Interview Questions

• Having to send a Business Plan without knowing exactly what I am selling or the product was perhaps the most unexpected request from the hiring manager. I sent a general layout with general processes.   Answer Question