Carnegie Mellon University Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

2.5

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interview was quick and easy, more of a formality than anything. They just give you a quick call on the phone to ask about your resume and applicable experience. After a chat they accept most applicants because there is a very high turnover rate for student callers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in alumni relations before?   1 Answer

Graduate T Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Apply to Professor
    Check how well you know the course.
    How do you communicate with students.
    How you solve their problems without giving away the solution
    Command over English and technical subject is a must

Interview Questions

• Check how well you know the course.
      How do you communicate with students.
      How you solve their problems without giving away the solution
      Command over English and technical subject is a must
      Mostly you need to have taken the class earlier before you can TA the course, unless it is a undergrad level course   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Just had to apply online through their portal. I was simply called with an offer. There wasn't really an interview process because it was a Research Experience for Undergraduates which is just an apply-and-accept thing.

Interview Questions

• There was not an interview question. There was really only a project placement screening, but they had two potential projects for me that our conversation aimed to make a choice from.   Answer Question

Mscf Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was on skype. Basic questions about resume and career plans. Easy process. Just prepare for every experience on the resume and be ready to answer questions about them. R

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I have the interview two weeks ago. The man asked me about my project experience and some CS fundamental knowledge. Then give me the coding question. Not too hard. I didn't received offer from them. This is a small company.

Computing Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavioural interview not too many technical questions since they have a good idea based on the classes I have taken. focused more on the dynamics of working within a team and how I would deal with certain situations i.e. uncooperative team member etc. Also asked about prior experience in working with code/ projects done in class etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an urgent ticket at work   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted a week after applying. The HR worker emailed me first to set up a phone interview. After the the phone interview I was informed that I would be contacted again if the recruiting manager wanted to move forward after reviewing the phone interview results.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CMU?   1 Answer

Innovation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was very fast and quick, they got back to me very quickly. Two people were there to interview, asked mostly behavioral questions. There were no technical questions asked.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied for another position at the university, which was filled internally. I got an email from HR asking for a phone interview later that week. A week later, I received an email asking me to pick a time for in-person. The process lasted four hours and required me to meet with groups of people at different times. It was very different and much longer than any interview I've ever had, but I enjoyed it enough to accept the offer a week later.

Pre-College Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward. Applied online, everyone undergoes a group interview that tests your team ability and an individual behavioral interview that gauges your interest about the position and what you would bring to the program.

Interview Questions

• What activity/club would you start as a counselor for the students?   Answer Question