Carnival Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Carnival

1.5

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Doral, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

Hiring process seem to be okay, As usual recruiter will reach out to you to detail all the job info and talk about company. Scheduling interviews were also alright, not too bad, but follow up is just ridiculous.

Now from technical interview stand point of view is a utter joke. Really they don't even let an engineer to walk to the white board and explain the stuffs. They did interview like an interrogation, you are sticked to a chair, and not even allowed to move .. how sick is that? Some people were very friendly but some of them show a lot of attitude to the candidates ,though they sound too legatic. They just doubt on everything, and how could you even expect an ideas, thought process from a candidate having been seated and not giving a freedom to walk to white board. Terrible !! They have bunch of cheap outsourced contractors all over. If you are looking for a solid engineering role, trust me this is not a place to work. I do agree with what they do, job description looks awesome, but they are into old legacy technologies, don't expect any cutting edge technologies, they don't even seem to be in that path. If you are a person who has great ideas to develop, design, don't even look forward to this company. They just don't care. If you are one of those who are desperate for any role, then you are an ideal candidate, then this is the place. So this was my experience, I just wanted to share here. Anyways good luck if anyone still want to taste this medicine :)

Overall company looks alright, and it's a huge org, but in my point of view, this is absolutely not for the engineers. Have fun in the ship.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a better technical question, more of like how would you handle this situation ? what if we don't hire you ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Carnival

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Southampton, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Slow and sad. I can;t say that I enjoyed it as they asked me some trick questions about my favorite type of petrol. I was confused and still am.