Carnival Entertainment Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Carnival

2.5

Entertainment Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, then group interview with Carnival manager followed by one on one with manager. Group interview was fun, they wanted to see how you interact with others and see your personality. Had to pay own way to city where interview was conducted. Received email offering the job the next day. Then had to get medical exam at own expense and wait over a month for approval from their Medical Dept. As soon as it was approved, I received my ship assignment immediately.

Negotiation

no negotiation. they have a set starting salary of $1400 a month

Other Interview Reviews for Carnival

Entertainment Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a Canadian recruiter (cast-a-way), and was contacted for an initial skype interview about a month later. After that went well, I was invited to meet with the Carnival hiring team who happened to be hosting a group interview session in my city a couple weeks later.

It was a full day event, the morning started with an orientation about life on board and expectations, then we played games in front of the group to get a sense of our personalities and public speaking abilities, and finally we met one-on-one with Carnival representatives.

They asked us to bring with us a current resume, a copy of our passport, two letters of reference, background check, and any relevant degrees.

After I was told of my acceptance, I was required to complete a very thorough medical (physical, blood, urine) which cost me $500.

Once I was given the final go-ahead, someone from Carnival contacted me to help with onboarding.

Between submitting resume to first day on the job, six months.

Overall, the interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• We were divided into groups and asked to come up with fake definitions to a word (a la Balderdash) and present them to the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's little room to negotiate. You start as an entry level employee and if you want to make a career of it, need to work your way up.