Carnival Guest Services Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Guest Services Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.

Other Interview Reviews for Carnival

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Belgrade (Serbia)) in November 2014.

Interview

Talking about yourself, skills and experience in domain of hospitality. The interview process starts with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by Skype interviews and second in-person interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you may meet with managers, employees. English speaking skills and different accents. Marlin test for checking English knowledge level is required. All candidates for the same role will go through the same testing process. Interview process last from one to two months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself What is your hospitality experience How do you deal with stress If you had a guest complaining what would you do Can you tell me something about yourself in French/ Spanish *depending on the languages you listed   Answer Question

Guest Services Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Depends on your country, usually is held in the capital, in a hotel. Doesn't last long, around 20 mins with standard questions, e.g why you choose Carnival? what is your expereince? etc. The most exhausting part of the interview was a line where you have to wait for an hour or so. The interviewer was pretty pleasant.

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cancún (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Cancún (Mexico)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was initially recruited by an agency, where you get to meet one of the senior managers of the specific area that you are interested in joining. They ask several "standard" questions, such as previous work experience, what you hope to accomplish, what is your attitude towards american guests, fun experiences you've had before, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one fun experience you had in your previous job   Answer Question

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rangoon (Burma)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Carnival (Rangoon (Burma)) in October 2011.

Interview

Why did you leave your last job?
    Can you work with diverse crew from many nationalities?
    How do you handle seasick?
    What's your favorite movie and why?
    How do you handle if you deal with difficult guest?