Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

The first round of interviews included 2 phone calls back to back. The first was all behavioral and the second was more technical and based on an excel exercise I was given.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions about my resume, as well as: What motivates me? Why I am interested in the position? If I had a super power what would it be and why? Tell me about a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Initial interview is done over the phone, and recruiter is very professional and pleasant to deal with. Second interview was a panel interview, there was another applicant there with me. We were told they were hiring a lot of new employees, and that we should not see each other as a competition. The questions were pretty standard, what I did like a lot is being able to sit next to one of the employees for a while and see him work, as well as very upfront and detailed description of salary and incentives. I got a call with job offer the same day, and the actual training started 3 months later.

PVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview - wanted to see how 'on your toes' you are. Definitely want to be the first one to answer and the most energetic. Happy to say I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the office environment from what you've seen so far?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, a hr contact me to schedule a short phone interview asking about my basic information. Then we scheduled another phone interview with the department head. The second interview is about my professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of how you did data analysis.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with hr. Phone interview with hiring manager. Then in person interview with Sr. accountant, hiring manager and 2 directors all at separate times. All the people were really nice. Except one of the directors kept getting up to check their phone which was not only distracting while trying to answer their question but it was disrespectful. H.R also gives you a welcome folder with the onsite perks and insurance options and costs. They should definitely stop doing this and give this welcome packet after you get the job. It's a bit disppointing seeing the benefits when you dont end up getting the job.

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Terrible waste of my valuable time. I applied via a recruiter.

I had a 40 minute phone interview with the director. It went very well, every ounce of feedback was positive. Very conversational and informative.

It took them about 3 weeks to set up and onsite interview. The process was terribly drawn out and long. The interview took the entire day (9am to 3PM). I interviewed with one director, and two VPs. There was also a lunch with 2 other managers in the department.

Turns out the department had a significant amount of turnover at the director and above level recently. They seemed to have not figured out if they even wanted to hire someone yet. I think that's just unacceptably unprofessional. I took a day off from my current job to interview for this job and they couldn't give me the respect to just to just let me know that?!

My recruiter let me know that my interview was solid and all feedback was positive. Yet they aren't ready to hire someone just yet. So unprofessional. Do not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

Carnival Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Manager, TA Marketing

At Carnival, we always strive to provide an excellent candidate experience, so we apologize if we didn’t meet your expectations in this process.

We understand that our candidates’ time is... More

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Round
    After one month Followed by Director discussion
    After another 2 months 3 Managers interview
    After another 2 more months 4 together inperson interview.
    Offer was issued with total 7 months process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

One on one interviews with 6 Directors / VPs after initial phone screening. All behavioral and very conversational. Not a challenging interview process. 4 in person interviews at Carnival HQ in Doral and 2 phone interview sessions. All took place over the course of 3 days (one day in Miami).

Manager Database Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was a phone interview with the hiring Director and he said I would move on to the next round of interviews and I never heard back from anyone in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role and job duties   2 Answers

Senior Management Role In Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sammamish, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Sammamish, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application was quickly followed up by a call from the HR Recruiting Manager who conducted a brief phone screen and indicated that an interview would follow. Video interview scheduled with the Chief Human Resources Officer - video chat system is problematic to set up. In person interview set up and a call received a week ahead of time to postpone. Since then silence.......no response to emails and calls to the HR Manager or email to the CHRO. If this is representative of an organization that "lives in the customer experience world" there is a disconnect!

No issue in not being moved forward - big issue with the lack of respect.

Interview Questions

• Mainly cultural fit and an overview of experience. It did not appear to be structured or set on behavioral questions.   Answer Question