Carnival Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 212 of over 212 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Carnival

Application

I interviewed at Carnival

Interview

Just the typical questions about work history and experience , what my duties were at the old job and work scenarios. Was very easy and fast. Reps were very helpful and nice

Interview Questions
  • How did you handle a difficult situation
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Carnival

Application

I interviewed at Carnival

Interview

It was fine. I believe that the manager was intentionally being difficult. I had a better offer from another company and want to see if this would be worth my time. I was told that I was interviewing with the manager only and it was two people. It was a fast process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Carnival

Application

I interviewed at Carnival

Interview

Quite smooth and easy, they put a lot of accent on your social skills. I worked there for an year. Salaries are quite low, but is a funny environment to work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Carnival

Application

I interviewed at Carnival

Interview

Virtual interview 2:1. It began with an overview of the role, then some competency style and general questions then a role play which had 10 mins prep beforehand and a quick overview of what to expect and the next steps.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Carnival

Application

I interviewed at Carnival

Interview

Interview was thru phone, .it was less stressful because they do not see you.You just need to listen carefully and focus so you can answer the best way possible.I was advised to report to the agency right after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Doral, FL)

Interview

Process was fairly easy; submitted resume, got a call from HR within 2 weeks with pre-screening interview questions, took an assessment test, then did an in-person all day interview with 6+ people. Everyone was nice. I believe Ugo would have been a great mentor/boss. Another person from finance was Adam; he seemed unorganized and somewhat disinterested in the interview; could tell he would be more micromanaging style which was worrisome to me since I was most interested in finance or corporate departments.

Interview Questions
  • Describe my Tableau experience.
1 person found this interview helpful

Carnival

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival

Interview

Easy and straightforward, HR round followed by phone interview and onsite, helpful people, flew down for onsite. first two rounds on phone. Arranged for travel and stay, very accommodating and particular on time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Carnival (London, England, England) in Apr 2020

Interview

I originally contacted them about the role in Dec. I left numerous messages for someone to get back to me and also emailed. I eventually got through to someone at the end of Jan. I had a telephone interview where they pushed for a lot of detail which was very unnecessary but I figured it was them trying to look like an in-depth and knowledgeable company. I got through this and I was then given an interview date in Feb which wasn't suitable as I was on holiday but was told that may be my only choice. I was told they don't do skype interviews as they are not safe. However, I have had job interviews and been offered actual teaching jobs abroad over skype. After giving me a date in Feb and reorganising my holiday plans I was then told I could interview in April. I said this was fine and asked for interview dates. After a lot of messing about they sent me the dates. I then chose a date and said anytime would be fine. I then heard nothing again, I sent messages asking about time slots and got nothing back. I even contacted Carnival in different ways to try and sort this. Then they contacted me at the end of Feb to ask if I wanted an interview slot which I explained I had already said the date I was just waiting for a time slot. Then I was told they were no longer doing this date. I said any of the dates would do. At this point, Carnival to me were a huge red flag. I discussed the process so far with colleagues and they agreed they were probably worth avoiding. However, at this point I was curious as to what their process was and I have nothing to lose as I am currently teaching anyway. Then lockdown happened, so the interviews took place via skype...the unsafe way. Just to get the interview confirmation was a massive faff but I did eventually get it and thought it would be straight forward from there. During all this messing with this company, I have been contacted, interviewed and offered a job by another company. This process took less than a week and I was due to head out with them in May holidays until the lockdown happened. But, I wanted to see this through and continue the interview process just to see. I eventually had my skype interview. I came off the interview and rang a few of my teaching friends to discuss some of the questions which had been asked. They were questions which came from a lack of knowledge. For example, give an example of a time when I have had to report concerns about a member of staff. I asked many of my friends and like me they have never had to report a member of staff. I don't know what settings they have worked in where they have concerns over who has been recruited and are caring for their children but in my ten years teaching I have never had to do this. Another question was, can I give an example of a time a child has disclosed something to me and asked me to keep it private. Again, I come from a teaching background and disclosures in themselves are very rare. if you get one in your career then this is unusual. Also, they failed to understand that the majority of my experience is with younger children who do not disclose in such a manner usually anyway. Again, this all showed lack of experience and knowledge on Carnivals part. I used to work in a similar environment to the interviewers and have previously recruited childcare and teaching staff myself and I actually changed the interview questions for the company as they showed a company who are trying to look like they understand safeguarding and procedures but actually screams we have no idea. Carnival were exactly the same. At the end of the interview, they said they would have a chat and get back to me. It must have been a long chat as 6 days later I had to text and ask them what the outcome was. They then rang and said they wouldn't be taking my application further as they had to probe me a lot about questions. I feel this was due to me saying to at least those 2 questions I don't have experience of them but I can tell you what I would do or trying to give them an example similar but not exactly the same and them saying no we need where you have been concerned about a colleagues actions not a parent or carers actions. As I said, I have a job with another company so it was fine I didn't get this. I also have done this job before a couple of years back and was kept on for numerous seasons with my previous company. Only leaving to move back home. But I feel for anyone going into this process with this extremely unprofessional company and not realising that the questions are down to the companies lack of knowledge and not the interviewee it could be quite damaging.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you have had to raise a concern about a colleague?
  • Tell me about a time a child has disclosed something to you but asked you to keep it private.

Carnival

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Carnival

Interview

They call me on Skype to know more about me, my experience as photographer and prove my skills. They wanted to see me smiling and ask me 10 times if I would be ok to work 6month long contract

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL)

Interview

Applied online, got an email two days later to do a Hirevue interview with a 48 hour deadline... 4 questions. Still waiting for a response from that. No offer yet.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 212 Interviews