Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2018

2.6

PVP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Awsome experience and loved the people an environment And the workplace really clean, also the managers are really professional. They give you a tour of the place and what your position is going to be like.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

There is a two part process to interviewing for this position. You will give your elevator pitch in groups of 5 to two hiring managers then, if called back, there will be a second group interview in groups of 4. During the actual interview each candidate was placed with a representative currently in the position in order to shadow and get a general idea of the position. After spending about an hour with the representative, you are taken back to another room for about another hour and a half in order to answer questions. Each person is given a turn to answer each question and at the end they let you know that you will be contacted with a decision.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carnival in February 2018.

Interview

A phone interview with white board coding test. Bring laptop and connect to internet when interview is going on. Technical interview for an hour with 2 SQL, 4 maths, 3 statistics and 10 machine learning questions. Questions are shown on board. Normal questions, should be prepared in advance for data analyst position.

Interview Questions

• White board coding with SQL, short math and statistics calculation questions, short concept and explanation questions for machine learning part.   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I received an email invitation to a open house. The open house had over 60 people in my estimation. Possibly more. They seat you in two sides. One for people waiting for an interview and the other for people who were already interviewed. They call you in groups with two interviewers and ask for our experience in sales. Each of us gets a chance to talk about our experience and knowledge in sales. In my suggestion, don’t bring up anything about customer service. Just sales. I was able to give a brief down of everything I know in sales. After that they sit you down on the side where people were already interviewed. I was called and escorted out. I was told If selected I may be contacted for a second interview. If not, emailed. Apparently they think we’re idiots. They wouldn’t have us sit down to be called again if they weren’t conducting a second interview. I guess the ones who aren’t selected gets booted out. I’m assuming they’re looking for hard sales people with real experience in sales. Call center experience doesn’t matter to them.

HRIS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

very poor. I talked to a girl not very friendly, she asked me about the duties at my current job and she said she would let me know if I was selected or send me an email to inform me if not. after two weeks I sent them an email to ask for an staus update and they never got back to me, not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• they asked me about my duties   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

The first round of interviews included 2 phone calls back to back. The first was all behavioral and the second was more technical and based on an excel exercise I was given.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions about my resume, as well as: What motivates me? Why I am interested in the position? If I had a super power what would it be and why? Tell me about a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Initial interview is done over the phone, and recruiter is very professional and pleasant to deal with. Second interview was a panel interview, there was another applicant there with me. We were told they were hiring a lot of new employees, and that we should not see each other as a competition. The questions were pretty standard, what I did like a lot is being able to sit next to one of the employees for a while and see him work, as well as very upfront and detailed description of salary and incentives. I got a call with job offer the same day, and the actual training started 3 months later.

PVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview - wanted to see how 'on your toes' you are. Definitely want to be the first one to answer and the most energetic. Happy to say I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the office environment from what you've seen so far?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, a hr contact me to schedule a short phone interview asking about my basic information. Then we scheduled another phone interview with the department head. The second interview is about my professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of how you did data analysis.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with hr. Phone interview with hiring manager. Then in person interview with Sr. accountant, hiring manager and 2 directors all at separate times. All the people were really nice. Except one of the directors kept getting up to check their phone which was not only distracting while trying to answer their question but it was disrespectful. H.R also gives you a welcome folder with the onsite perks and insurance options and costs. They should definitely stop doing this and give this welcome packet after you get the job. It's a bit disppointing seeing the benefits when you dont end up getting the job.