Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2018

2.6

Assistant Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

I sent my resume, personal website, and media packet, via email to the company, I then received a call no longer then a day later, interviewed with them, they offered my 40,000 a year with full benifits, two weeks paid vacation, medical, dental, vision etc. I was one of three out of a 142 applicants to make it to the second interview process, where I had another phone interview this time with the Production Manager, who asked me questions about rigging, automation, set design etc. I was then told that I would then be contacted again in a week if i had a job offer, I was never contacted.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Carnival in May 2013.

Interview

HR Call , phone interview next day with Hiring Manager.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Routine questions regarding skills set.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Lots of situational based questions and they were looking for specific internal audit experience. Met with several execs in the department in one day after an initial phone interview. Also went to lunch with the team, which was very helpful in getting to find out about the day-to-day culture and office environment.

Interview Questions

• What efficiencies would you look for during an AP review?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Terrible waste of my valuable time. I applied via a recruiter.

I had a 40 minute phone interview with the director. It went very well, every ounce of feedback was positive. Very conversational and informative.

It took them about 3 weeks to set up and onsite interview. The process was terribly drawn out and long. The interview took the entire day (9am to 3PM). I interviewed with one director, and two VPs. There was also a lunch with 2 other managers in the department.

Turns out the department had a significant amount of turnover at the director and above level recently. They seemed to have not figured out if they even wanted to hire someone yet. I think that's just unacceptably unprofessional. I took a day off from my current job to interview for this job and they couldn't give me the respect to just to just let me know that?!

My recruiter let me know that my interview was solid and all feedback was positive. Yet they aren't ready to hire someone just yet. So unprofessional. Do not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

Carnival Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Manager, TA Marketing

At Carnival, we always strive to provide an excellent candidate experience, so we apologize if we didn’t meet your expectations in this process.

We understand that our candidates’ time is... More

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was held in Miramar, Florida. Over 300 applicants. The wait was over an hour an a half. Divided into groups of about 12 people. It was a group interview with having 1 minute to speak and say why are you the best candidate for the position. They selected 2 people for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best applicant for this position?   1 Answer

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Great! Group interviews followed by one-on-ones. Very friendly environment. The one on one portion was not difficult at all, it was mainly a preparation for ship life. They ambiguously asked how I would handle certain aspects of ship-life.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The person from the company call me without asking for an interview, she asked if I had a couple of minute and start a formal interview. The questions were: Tell me about yourself? Strength and professional weaknesses,

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

I had good experence in starting there but changed after "hatchet men" were brought in to clean house.

Negotiation

They would not negotiate; it was a "take it or leave it" offer; Typical of their practice thoughout tenure there.

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Round robin, interviewed with several managers, asking technical questions about the database and screen design. Asked whether or not I like to play golf, what are my outside interests, do I have kids, am I willing to relocate, willing to accept the position as-is with no upgrade.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the DMA1100 database   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got relocation and a free lunch.