Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.6

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I received an email invitation to a open house. The open house had over 60 people in my estimation. Possibly more. They seat you in two sides. One for people waiting for an interview and the other for people who were already interviewed. They call you in groups with two interviewers and ask for our experience in sales. Each of us gets a chance to talk about our experience and knowledge in sales. In my suggestion, don’t bring up anything about customer service. Just sales. I was able to give a brief down of everything I know in sales. After that they sit you down on the side where people were already interviewed. I was called and escorted out. I was told If selected I may be contacted for a second interview. If not, emailed. Apparently they think we’re idiots. They wouldn’t have us sit down to be called again if they weren’t conducting a second interview. I guess the ones who aren’t selected gets booted out. I’m assuming they’re looking for hard sales people with real experience in sales. Call center experience doesn’t matter to them.

HRIS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

very poor. I talked to a girl not very friendly, she asked me about the duties at my current job and she said she would let me know if I was selected or send me an email to inform me if not. after two weeks I sent them an email to ask for an staus update and they never got back to me, not professional at all.

Interview Questions

• they asked me about my duties   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

The first round of interviews included 2 phone calls back to back. The first was all behavioral and the second was more technical and based on an excel exercise I was given.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions about my resume, as well as: What motivates me? Why I am interested in the position? If I had a super power what would it be and why? Tell me about a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Initial interview is done over the phone, and recruiter is very professional and pleasant to deal with. Second interview was a panel interview, there was another applicant there with me. We were told they were hiring a lot of new employees, and that we should not see each other as a competition. The questions were pretty standard, what I did like a lot is being able to sit next to one of the employees for a while and see him work, as well as very upfront and detailed description of salary and incentives. I got a call with job offer the same day, and the actual training started 3 months later.

PVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview - wanted to see how 'on your toes' you are. Definitely want to be the first one to answer and the most energetic. Happy to say I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the office environment from what you've seen so far?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, a hr contact me to schedule a short phone interview asking about my basic information. Then we scheduled another phone interview with the department head. The second interview is about my professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of how you did data analysis.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with hr. Phone interview with hiring manager. Then in person interview with Sr. accountant, hiring manager and 2 directors all at separate times. All the people were really nice. Except one of the directors kept getting up to check their phone which was not only distracting while trying to answer their question but it was disrespectful. H.R also gives you a welcome folder with the onsite perks and insurance options and costs. They should definitely stop doing this and give this welcome packet after you get the job. It's a bit disppointing seeing the benefits when you dont end up getting the job.

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Terrible waste of my valuable time. I applied via a recruiter.

I had a 40 minute phone interview with the director. It went very well, every ounce of feedback was positive. Very conversational and informative.

It took them about 3 weeks to set up and onsite interview. The process was terribly drawn out and long. The interview took the entire day (9am to 3PM). I interviewed with one director, and two VPs. There was also a lunch with 2 other managers in the department.

Turns out the department had a significant amount of turnover at the director and above level recently. They seemed to have not figured out if they even wanted to hire someone yet. I think that's just unacceptably unprofessional. I took a day off from my current job to interview for this job and they couldn't give me the respect to just to just let me know that?!

My recruiter let me know that my interview was solid and all feedback was positive. Yet they aren't ready to hire someone just yet. So unprofessional. Do not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

Carnival Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Manager, TA Marketing

At Carnival, we always strive to provide an excellent candidate experience, so we apologize if we didn’t meet your expectations in this process.

We understand that our candidates’ time is... More

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Round
    After one month Followed by Director discussion
    After another 2 months 3 Managers interview
    After another 2 more months 4 together inperson interview.
    Offer was issued with total 7 months process.

Human Resources Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter for a brief phone screening then I progressed to do another interview with another recruiter and I believe it went well however, when I emphasized wanted to grow and expand my potential, she stated that for this role they were not looking for that. I guess they enjoy complacency, because I didn't get to do an in person interview,