Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Manager Database Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was a phone interview with the hiring Director and he said I would move on to the next round of interviews and I never heard back from anyone in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role and job duties   2 Answers

Senior Management Role In Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sammamish, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Sammamish, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application was quickly followed up by a call from the HR Recruiting Manager who conducted a brief phone screen and indicated that an interview would follow. Video interview scheduled with the Chief Human Resources Officer - video chat system is problematic to set up. In person interview set up and a call received a week ahead of time to postpone. Since then silence.......no response to emails and calls to the HR Manager or email to the CHRO. If this is representative of an organization that "lives in the customer experience world" there is a disconnect!

No issue in not being moved forward - big issue with the lack of respect.

Interview Questions

• Mainly cultural fit and an overview of experience. It did not appear to be structured or set on behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Lathargic, stop/start, non-responsive. Whether it is due to turnover/volume of hires, a weak ATS, or low capability of TA team, the company has got to improve the candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style toward accountability   1 Answer

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

the interview started as a group interview and then out of six of us they chose myself and one other person for a second group interview. in the second group interview they try to get you flustered but it really doesn't work if just looks rude on their part, me being a veteran without any sales experience they decided not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make?   1 Answer

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I thought that I did very well on the interview. I have a lot of cruise line experience, with great references from former managers. They had a bunch of us in there for the interview. One of my fellow interviewees arrived about 45 minutes late for the interview, she didn't have a pen, or a copy of her resume. Her phone went off during the interview, and she seemed to text something back. I actually recognized her from my gym. I ran into her a couple of months later, and she told me that she was working at Carnival. I thought that she was joking until she proved it to me. I was shocked that I didn't even get an offer, and she did. After speaking with her for awhile at the gym, she told me that she was shocked as well. They hired a bunch of people for her respective training class. She told me that, " everyone in her training class was African American". She told me that almost everyone in her department was African American. She laughed and said to me, " if I was like her, I would have been hired as well". I wished that I didn't waste all that time on the interview process if they had no intention of hiring me due to the color of my skin.

Interview Questions

• Past experience   Answer Question
    • They asked me if there was any issue with committing to the scheduling demands of the position   Answer Question

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was held in Miramar, Florida. Over 300 applicants. The wait was over an hour an a half. Divided into groups of about 12 people. It was a group interview with having 1 minute to speak and say why are you the best candidate for the position. They selected 2 people for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best applicant for this position?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The person from the company call me without asking for an interview, she asked if I had a couple of minute and start a formal interview. The questions were: Tell me about yourself? Strength and professional weaknesses,

II Year Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied via school career website and received a call from hr after a couple of weeks to confirm some basic information and schedule 2 phone interviews in the following week. I was given an excel exercise before the interview and was required to finish it in 24 hours. It was trickier than I thought. So, pay more attention/do more research when going through those questions. The interviews were one behavioral and one technical (30min each). The technical one was all about the excel exercise: I was asked to present the results and then asked some analytical questions which were closely related to the exercise (more like a couple of case interview questions). People there are exceptionally nice and smart. I did not do well but did learn a lot during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why the company? what do you know about carnival
      2. What fun can you bring to the company
      Answer Question

Digital Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Carnival is pretty efficient, the process was fast. I submitted a resume via in person channels. I was called in for an interview the next week with the head of the dept. Unfortunately it wasn't an on ship interview, it was in their offices in the Miami area. It took a couple of weeks but I got a call to let me know that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with the various traffic channels.   Answer Question

Corporate Senior Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Took some time to confirm details of interview day. When arrived, schedule change at last minute and two of the most important individuals that I would have liked to meet with, were not present. No structure to the interview process. Some individuals shared too much information for an interview and others did not value the role. Failed to obtain valuable feedback post process.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would be doing again?   1 Answer