Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview - wanted to see how 'on your toes' you are. Definitely want to be the first one to answer and the most energetic. Happy to say I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the office environment from what you've seen so far?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with hr. Phone interview with hiring manager. Then in person interview with Sr. accountant, hiring manager and 2 directors all at separate times. All the people were really nice. Except one of the directors kept getting up to check their phone which was not only distracting while trying to answer their question but it was disrespectful. H.R also gives you a welcome folder with the onsite perks and insurance options and costs. They should definitely stop doing this and give this welcome packet after you get the job. It's a bit disppointing seeing the benefits when you dont end up getting the job.

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Terrible waste of my valuable time. I applied via a recruiter.

I had a 40 minute phone interview with the director. It went very well, every ounce of feedback was positive. Very conversational and informative.

It took them about 3 weeks to set up and onsite interview. The process was terribly drawn out and long. The interview took the entire day (9am to 3PM). I interviewed with one director, and two VPs. There was also a lunch with 2 other managers in the department.

Turns out the department had a significant amount of turnover at the director and above level recently. They seemed to have not figured out if they even wanted to hire someone yet. I think that's just unacceptably unprofessional. I took a day off from my current job to interview for this job and they couldn't give me the respect to just to just let me know that?!

My recruiter let me know that my interview was solid and all feedback was positive. Yet they aren't ready to hire someone just yet. So unprofessional. Do not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

Carnival Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Manager, TA Marketing

At Carnival, we always strive to provide an excellent candidate experience, so we apologize if we didn’t meet your expectations in this process.

We understand that our candidates’ time is... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

One on one interviews with 6 Directors / VPs after initial phone screening. All behavioral and very conversational. Not a challenging interview process. 4 in person interviews at Carnival HQ in Doral and 2 phone interview sessions. All took place over the course of 3 days (one day in Miami).

Manager Database Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

It was a phone interview with the hiring Director and he said I would move on to the next round of interviews and I never heard back from anyone in the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role and job duties   2 Answers

Senior Management Role In Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sammamish, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Sammamish, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Online application was quickly followed up by a call from the HR Recruiting Manager who conducted a brief phone screen and indicated that an interview would follow. Video interview scheduled with the Chief Human Resources Officer - video chat system is problematic to set up. In person interview set up and a call received a week ahead of time to postpone. Since then silence.......no response to emails and calls to the HR Manager or email to the CHRO. If this is representative of an organization that "lives in the customer experience world" there is a disconnect!

No issue in not being moved forward - big issue with the lack of respect.

Interview Questions

• Mainly cultural fit and an overview of experience. It did not appear to be structured or set on behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Senior Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Lathargic, stop/start, non-responsive. Whether it is due to turnover/volume of hires, a weak ATS, or low capability of TA team, the company has got to improve the candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style toward accountability   1 Answer

I T Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very detailed. You must prove that you really do know what you are doing. Nothing more that can be described for an IT person that would make this over the requirement of thirty words. It is technical, which can be explained in under fifty words. Since I am not at the required 50 words, I will type more about not being able to answer in fifty words. So, now I am hopefully at 50 words so that I can satisfy the requirements of the field that I am filling out, and not the person that is reading this.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call from the captain when working on a major outage.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is a set amount. There is no negotiation.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

They call you on the phone and ask you typical questions, why should we hire you, what you bring to the company. Applied on there website. Then they do a phone screening, then a second phone interview. And Finally a face to face. Not too hard since its a sales position.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Doral, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

There was an Open House to fill several positions for Customer Support Specialists. We were interviewed by two people. They took about 10 of us into a room and asked us one question each. They then left to deliberate and called five people out of the room to schedule for a formal interview. Formal interview included 2 other applicants, in addition to two Department Supervisors.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?
      What was one of your accomplishments at your last place of employment?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What is your biggest weakness?
      Define Ethics and Integrity. Describe a time where they were tested.
      What do you do for fun?