Carnival Youth Staff (Onboard) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Youth Staff (Onboard)

Carnival Youth Staff (Onboard) Interview Questions

Interviews at Carnival

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later, I was sent a video interview invitation via HireVue. The first few questions were video responses, the last three were written responses. The questions were about experience in working with kids. I have a good background in working with kids for about 3 years, so I felt confident with my interview. I even remembered company info. I looked presentable and had no distracting background in my video. I felt I did good.

When I was done, I got an email saying that I would hear from someone about next steps within a week. Well, a whole month passed and I haven't heard anything. I went on their website to see details about the recruiting process and it said that you're supposed to hear from someone within a week or two. Since it's been a month, I called human resources because I really wanted the job. One of the reps told me that they would inform the right person and that I would get a call within a day or two. The very next day I got a rejection email talking about the status of my application changed. After I made that phone call? Right.... That was so bogus to me. I have a strong background in working with kids in a school and community center, and they said they needed someone more qualified... really? And made me wait a whole month just to reject me after I called them. Bogus. Makes no sense. Maybe I need to apply through an agency instead.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our youth partnership programs?

Have you ever worked in a costume?

What age group do you work better with?

What does "youth" mean to you?

Do you have a special talent?

Etc...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Carnival

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied through Cast A Way recruiting agency. After a phone interview with one of their recruiters, I was selected to attend the in person interviews. These interviews consisted of an information session, group activity and one-on-one interviews with one of the shoreside Youth Managers from Carnival. Three days after the interview, I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience leading groups of children.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Easier to apply online, they got back with me quickly for an online interview to answer some questions and record, then had a second one over skype. Overall process took a month to get hired plus another month to get on the ship

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here. What experience do you have. How would you handle certain situations.   Answer Question