Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.6

I T Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very detailed. You must prove that you really do know what you are doing. Nothing more that can be described for an IT person that would make this over the requirement of thirty words. It is technical, which can be explained in under fifty words. Since I am not at the required 50 words, I will type more about not being able to answer in fifty words. So, now I am hopefully at 50 words so that I can satisfy the requirements of the field that I am filling out, and not the person that is reading this.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call from the captain when working on a major outage.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is a set amount. There is no negotiation.

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was held in Miramar, Florida. Over 300 applicants. The wait was over an hour an a half. Divided into groups of about 12 people. It was a group interview with having 1 minute to speak and say why are you the best candidate for the position. They selected 2 people for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best applicant for this position?   1 Answer

Chef Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carnival in January 2011.

Interview

my interview was taken from India

Interview Questions

• questions are based on culanary arts, so i dont found any diffucalty   Answer Question

Negotiation

be faithful

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a typical sales interview. They are looking for someone who is goal oriented, knows how to sell, or willing to learn. Show you are driven and coachable and want to make money, and don't take no for an answer, and they most likely will give you a shot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Carnival (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

They ask as same question as a crew and line with your job description,they also background check.about my previous job.and my family background.and what I expect in my salary.then they asked also were I learned about the job opening.

Interview Questions

• How or were you learn about magsaysay job career   1 Answer

Hotel Officer Cadetship Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Stage 1: Apply online.
    Stage 2: If successful in the 1st stage you are given a numerical test, personality test and online video interview to do.
    Stage 3:If successful in the 2nd stage you are invited for an assessment day at Carnival House.
    Little organisation and poorly executed.

Emailed to say I had been unsuccessful but would be providing feedback on strengths and developments within 10 days. Almost a month later and still haven't received the feedback even after multiple attempts at contact.
    Dropping off the planet and leaving a person in the lurch is unprofessional and means you lose that candidate/ recruiter relationship.
    Don't promise feedback if you're not going to provide it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took leadership in a role and work or university.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond customer expectations.   Answer Question

Stage Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Online application that was followed by brief phone interview. I then had a more in-depth interview over the phone a few days later. It lasted around 50 mins and required me to answer questions on lighting, sound, AV and my theatre experience.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions regarding different aspects of equipment.
      They looked for examples you could give of you putting your skills into action. for example "please can you describe to me a situation where you were part of a team"   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you were part of a team
      Regarding sound what is a gait
      Where do you think lighting technology is heading   Answer Question

PVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied, got a call, passed that stage,got another call, passed that stage, was called in to interview. Interviewed,maws contacted later with an offer. All phone interviews were easy, no brainers. The one on one interview was a little on the spotish. They want you to sell yourself to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where there was conflict at your former job.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carnival in October 2012.

Interview

Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Questions

• Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northeast, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Northeast, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

All resumes are prescreened by HR and then go through a series of interviews both internally and then with the hiring Director. Carnival tends to promote from within the company so most positions are recruited from within but exceptional candidates will always be considered especially if recommended by a current employee. Overall, interviews are normally an hour and focus on specific sales experience, number of years in either the specific territory or relevant experience. Most important characteristics are formal sales training, excellent communications skills for both agent training and consumer presentations as well as understanding of local advertising, competition in the market and overall cultural fit within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your largest sales success story including size of deal, process of closing deal, negotiation skills required, obstacles overcome and results that make this best deal   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate for higher salary as well as more vacation time