Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

I T Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

Very detailed. You must prove that you really do know what you are doing. Nothing more that can be described for an IT person that would make this over the requirement of thirty words. It is technical, which can be explained in under fifty words. Since I am not at the required 50 words, I will type more about not being able to answer in fifty words. So, now I am hopefully at 50 words so that I can satisfy the requirements of the field that I am filling out, and not the person that is reading this.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call from the captain when working on a major outage.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is a set amount. There is no negotiation.

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was held in Miramar, Florida. Over 300 applicants. The wait was over an hour an a half. Divided into groups of about 12 people. It was a group interview with having 1 minute to speak and say why are you the best candidate for the position. They selected 2 people for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best applicant for this position?   1 Answer

Chef Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carnival in January 2011.

Interview

my interview was taken from India

Interview Questions

• questions are based on culanary arts, so i dont found any diffucalty   Answer Question

Negotiation

be faithful

Stage Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Online application that was followed by brief phone interview. I then had a more in-depth interview over the phone a few days later. It lasted around 50 mins and required me to answer questions on lighting, sound, AV and my theatre experience.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions regarding different aspects of equipment.
      They looked for examples you could give of you putting your skills into action. for example "please can you describe to me a situation where you were part of a team"
      Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you were part of a team
      Regarding sound what is a gait
      Where do you think lighting technology is heading
      Answer Question

PVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied, got a call, passed that stage,got another call, passed that stage, was called in to interview. Interviewed,maws contacted later with an offer. All phone interviews were easy, no brainers. The one on one interview was a little on the spotish. They want you to sell yourself to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where there was conflict at your former job.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carnival in October 2012.

Interview

Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Questions

• Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northeast, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Northeast, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

All resumes are prescreened by HR and then go through a series of interviews both internally and then with the hiring Director. Carnival tends to promote from within the company so most positions are recruited from within but exceptional candidates will always be considered especially if recommended by a current employee. Overall, interviews are normally an hour and focus on specific sales experience, number of years in either the specific territory or relevant experience. Most important characteristics are formal sales training, excellent communications skills for both agent training and consumer presentations as well as understanding of local advertising, competition in the market and overall cultural fit within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your largest sales success story including size of deal, process of closing deal, negotiation skills required, obstacles overcome and results that make this best deal   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate for higher salary as well as more vacation time

Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The applicant can be from any country and recruitment is done only thru some particular agencies located only in some countries. Also, while on board, you may apply for a department change, but only starting your second contract. Must have some financial background, in terms of studies or practice.
    Must pass an English Test (Marlins) as well as a Talent test (Wonderlic). The English test is not hard, but the Talent one can be challenging for some, since this one is made out of 4-5 other small test parts where you are inquired about knowledge, personality, critical thinking, etc...

Interview Questions

• Job Experience
      Why you want the job
      What are the roles of an Accountant
      How long do you see yourself working for them
      What's your 5 year plan
      1 Answer

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Belgrade (Serbia)) in November 2014.

Interview

Talking about yourself, skills and experience in domain of hospitality. The interview process starts with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by Skype interviews and second in-person interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you may meet with managers, employees. English speaking skills and different accents. Marlin test for checking English knowledge level is required. All candidates for the same role will go through the same testing process. Interview process last from one to two months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself What is your hospitality experience How do you deal with stress If you had a guest complaining what would you do Can you tell me something about yourself in French/ Spanish *depending on the languages you listed   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

online application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests. This was followed a virtual interview-the great this about this was that you have unlimited amount of thinking time and unlimited number of tries.