Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring was fairly simple - the interview was rudimentary but post-interview follow up took a very long time. HR was helpful and very friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• "Please describe how you deeply understand our typical customer's preferences and vacation style."   Answer Question

Interview

They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Direct Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I paid for the training so that I could work for Carnival. The training was around $250.00. I completed the training and passed the class. I then went into customer service and trained over into direct sales.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Group interview after listening to calls with an agent. They asked a few normal customer service questions and some what if questions. Based on your answers will determine if the job is yours

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.

Group Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

I answered an advertisement in the newspaper for a hiring fair. I arrived along with a gazillion other people with resume in hand, varying levels of business professional dress code. Was given a quick interview by one of the managers on the call center floor, was asked why this was a good fit for me and give one instance when such and such happened and how did I deal/overcome. Then had an interview with the department head who reviewed resume and asked questions pertaining to previous employment. I was given job offer. Neither of those persons are still employed there as the company did MAJOR "changes" eg. fired a lot of people for whatever reason. Nice place to work but once you are on the phones, it is difficult to move to a different position especially if you take advantage of your vacation time, it counts against you.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation in a previous job where you encountered a difficulty and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for that position.

Camp Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Pretty easy, as long as you have a lot of experience with children then you're in!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in February 2008.

Interview

Applied directly, job posted on careerbuilder, HR recruiter from Carnival called me for an interview, after a 15 minutes interview, basically about my previous work experience, she decided I was qualified to meet the hiring manager. She called her immediately, manager was not at her desk, so I gave the HR person my cell phone number and said she could reach anytime for the next interview. After leaving the building I got the call within 15 minutes and headed back for an interview with the hiring manager. After a 20 minute interview with the hiring manager, and just expressing my experience on the job, she asked me How much I wanted to make? I gave her a number and she said why, I replied because it was the average salry on the market, but I also told her I was willing to negotiate and basically hear an offer, she said, she wouldn't low ball me, and asked me one more question, whether I had other interviews lined up, to which I replied Yes indeed. So she handed me her business card and said I would hear from her soon. Surely did I got a call next morning form the HR person offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Had I decided to quit my previous job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Give an average of the salary expected but if you want the job make you sure you say that you are willing to negotiate.

Bar Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lima, Lima Region (Peru)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Lima, Lima Region (Peru)) in February 2009.

Interview

Apply in locate agencies that prepares you for the interview with the hirer

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in difficult conditions like roughing seas   2 Answers

Negotiation

No chance to negotiate. Just show an outgoing personality

Butcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in July 2009.

Interview

easy id u are well educated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i acceptes the basic scale salary,no negotiation