Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.5

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

A phone screen was not done since I was referred by a current employee. 2 1on1 interviews in Miami and the offer was made. As far as I know, usually before inviting inhouse a skype screening interview is done.

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (North Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

The initial interview was a telephone screen which was booked in for half an hour. Very courteous and asked if the time was still OK for me to speak with them however the interviewer wanted to cover quite a bit of ground in this time frame which meant that questions were rushed through. The next step of the process was a face to face interview.

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Great! Group interviews followed by one-on-ones. Very friendly environment. The one on one portion was not difficult at all, it was mainly a preparation for ship life. They ambiguously asked how I would handle certain aspects of ship-life.

Hotel Officer Cadetship Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Southampton, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Stage 1: Apply online.
    Stage 2: If successful in the 1st stage you are given a numerical test, personality test and online video interview to do.
    Stage 3:If successful in the 2nd stage you are invited for an assessment day at Carnival House.
    Little organisation and poorly executed.

Emailed to say I had been unsuccessful but would be providing feedback on strengths and developments within 10 days. Almost a month later and still haven't received the feedback even after multiple attempts at contact.
    Dropping off the planet and leaving a person in the lurch is unprofessional and means you lose that candidate/ recruiter relationship.
    Don't promise feedback if you're not going to provide it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took leadership in a role and work or university.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond customer expectations.   Answer Question

Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The applicant can be from any country and recruitment is done only thru some particular agencies located only in some countries. Also, while on board, you may apply for a department change, but only starting your second contract. Must have some financial background, in terms of studies or practice.
    Must pass an English Test (Marlins) as well as a Talent test (Wonderlic). The English test is not hard, but the Talent one can be challenging for some, since this one is made out of 4-5 other small test parts where you are inquired about knowledge, personality, critical thinking, etc...

Interview Questions

• Job Experience
      Why you want the job
      What are the roles of an Accountant
      How long do you see yourself working for them
      What's your 5 year plan
      1 Answer

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Belgrade (Serbia)) in November 2014.

Interview

Talking about yourself, skills and experience in domain of hospitality. The interview process starts with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by Skype interviews and second in-person interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you may meet with managers, employees. English speaking skills and different accents. Marlin test for checking English knowledge level is required. All candidates for the same role will go through the same testing process. Interview process last from one to two months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself What is your hospitality experience How do you deal with stress If you had a guest complaining what would you do Can you tell me something about yourself in French/ Spanish *depending on the languages you listed   Answer Question

Stage Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Online application that was followed by brief phone interview. I then had a more in-depth interview over the phone a few days later. It lasted around 50 mins and required me to answer questions on lighting, sound, AV and my theatre experience.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions regarding different aspects of equipment.
      They looked for examples you could give of you putting your skills into action. for example "please can you describe to me a situation where you were part of a team"
      Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you were part of a team
      Regarding sound what is a gait
      Where do you think lighting technology is heading
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

online application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests. This was followed a virtual interview-the great this about this was that you have unlimited amount of thinking time and unlimited number of tries.

Commercial Finance Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Southampton, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Twenty-minute phone interview with HR within 3 days of applying. One hour interview in Southampton headquarters with line manager and head of reporting the following week. Fair, formal competency interview. After two weeks, the role was withdrawn with no appointment made.

Interview Questions

• If you could leave us three adjectives to describe yourself that we should remember you by, what would they be?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

There is several steps you have to pass before you get the interview. The first one is a phone call, where they tell you if you go into the first meeting. At the first meeting is where they decide who goes into the interview and set up a day for your interview. At the interview you are with other people applying for the same position. It was in a group, very different and my first time interviewing with other people applying for the same position llistening to my answers

Interview Questions

• if I was willing to work long hours   1 Answer