Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.6

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Written tests and verbal interview with an onboard Guest Services Manager. I was already working onboard in a different department and requested department change. Even though I had connection and was right there on the scene, readily available, it took a very long time for them to process the change, after my successful evaluation and interviews.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

The first round of interviews included 2 phone calls back to back. The first was all behavioral and the second was more technical and based on an excel exercise I was given.

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions about my resume, as well as: What motivates me? Why I am interested in the position? If I had a super power what would it be and why? Tell me about a time you made a mistake   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Initial interview is done over the phone, and recruiter is very professional and pleasant to deal with. Second interview was a panel interview, there was another applicant there with me. We were told they were hiring a lot of new employees, and that we should not see each other as a competition. The questions were pretty standard, what I did like a lot is being able to sit next to one of the employees for a while and see him work, as well as very upfront and detailed description of salary and incentives. I got a call with job offer the same day, and the actual training started 3 months later.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, a hr contact me to schedule a short phone interview asking about my basic information. Then we scheduled another phone interview with the department head. The second interview is about my professional experiences.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of how you did data analysis.   Answer Question

Consumer Insight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a telephone interview and then a face to face interview. The telephone interview was relaxed. The face to face interview was well structured and interviewers friendly. It was an overall positive experience.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Carnival (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

All the basics about serving and where did you work,the way you walk talk gestures body language group names to remember.Terms of what company wants and if you can do all what you are ask to do.

Interview Questions

• To tell them about me and to my English skils   1 Answer

Brand/Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Southampton, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Started positively with a phone call from HR a couple of weeks after my application; initial phone interview was good, then a face-to-face interview with the hiring director. And then, nothing. No feedback, no 'thanks but unsuccessful' message. I followed up 2 weeks later with the HR contact to check if there was any feedback from the interview or advice re future applications, but still nothing. Even now, months later, the online 'career portal' still says 'invited to phone interview' so it's clearly not used. Very disappointing from a business of this size and reputation that they can't be bothered to give feedback after interview, and after time invested re care in completing the application, booking time off work, travel to interview, prep time etc. I've applied for other roles with Carnival since, but received just an echoing silence. I won't be bothering in future, if this is how they treat their prospective employees/colleagues.

Interview Questions

• How many ships are in our fleet?   1 Answer

PVP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview - wanted to see how 'on your toes' you are. Definitely want to be the first one to answer and the most energetic. Happy to say I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the office environment from what you've seen so far?   1 Answer

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a typical sales interview. They are looking for someone who is goal oriented, knows how to sell, or willing to learn. Show you are driven and coachable and want to make money, and don't take no for an answer, and they most likely will give you a shot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Terrible waste of my valuable time. I applied via a recruiter.

I had a 40 minute phone interview with the director. It went very well, every ounce of feedback was positive. Very conversational and informative.

It took them about 3 weeks to set up and onsite interview. The process was terribly drawn out and long. The interview took the entire day (9am to 3PM). I interviewed with one director, and two VPs. There was also a lunch with 2 other managers in the department.

Turns out the department had a significant amount of turnover at the director and above level recently. They seemed to have not figured out if they even wanted to hire someone yet. I think that's just unacceptably unprofessional. I took a day off from my current job to interview for this job and they couldn't give me the respect to just to just let me know that?!

My recruiter let me know that my interview was solid and all feedback was positive. Yet they aren't ready to hire someone just yet. So unprofessional. Do not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

Carnival Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Manager, TA Marketing

At Carnival, we always strive to provide an excellent candidate experience, so we apologize if we didn’t meet your expectations in this process.

We understand that our candidates’ time is... More