Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.5

Camp Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival in June 2016.

Interview

I first applied through a recruiting company where I heard back only a few days later. I had a video interview where the recruiter made me feel extremely relaxed and at ease. I was told a few days later I would have a second video interview with Carnival themselves. This interview was very similar to my first one. It was intimidating since it was being recorded for Carnival to refer back to. They offered me the job at the end of the video chat. This process from start to finish took about one week.

Although this was a positive interview process, the pre-employment process ended up being a nightmare. They were not clear about how some things should be done and 2 weeks turned into 2 months! If you accept a job offer, make sure to be prepared for a possible never ending pre-employment process.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

the interview started as a group interview and then out of six of us they chose myself and one other person for a second group interview. in the second group interview they try to get you flustered but it really doesn't work if just looks rude on their part, me being a veteran without any sales experience they decided not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make?   1 Answer

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I thought that I did very well on the interview. I have a lot of cruise line experience, with great references from former managers. They had a bunch of us in there for the interview. One of my fellow interviewees arrived about 45 minutes late for the interview, she didn't have a pen, or a copy of her resume. Her phone went off during the interview, and she seemed to text something back. I actually recognized her from my gym. I ran into her a couple of months later, and she told me that she was working at Carnival. I thought that she was joking until she proved it to me. I was shocked that I didn't even get an offer, and she did. After speaking with her for awhile at the gym, she told me that she was shocked as well. They hired a bunch of people for her respective training class. She told me that, " everyone in her training class was African American". She told me that almost everyone in her department was African American. She laughed and said to me, " if I was like her, I would have been hired as well". I wished that I didn't waste all that time on the interview process if they had no intention of hiring me due to the color of my skin.

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was held in Miramar, Florida. Over 300 applicants. The wait was over an hour an a half. Divided into groups of about 12 people. It was a group interview with having 1 minute to speak and say why are you the best candidate for the position. They selected 2 people for the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best applicant for this position?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

The person from the company call me without asking for an interview, she asked if I had a couple of minute and start a formal interview. The questions were: Tell me about yourself? Strength and professional weaknesses,

II Year Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied via school career website and received a call from hr after a couple of weeks to confirm some basic information and schedule 2 phone interviews in the following week. I was given an excel exercise before the interview and was required to finish it in 24 hours. It was trickier than I thought. So, pay more attention/do more research when going through those questions. The interviews were one behavioral and one technical (30min each). The technical one was all about the excel exercise: I was asked to present the results and then asked some analytical questions which were closely related to the exercise (more like a couple of case interview questions). People there are exceptionally nice and smart. I did not do well but did learn a lot during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why the company? what do you know about carnival
      2. What fun can you bring to the company   Answer Question

Casino Dealer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I have CCL as a casino dealer back in 2005. The company has recruiting agencies around the world that conduct the interview process. They are really big on guest service and smiling and eye contact is more important than the actual dealing skills. A genuine smile and a positive attitude will most likely land you the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to be ok being away from home, family and friends for six to eight months?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Carnival is pretty efficient, the process was fast. I submitted a resume via in person channels. I was called in for an interview the next week with the head of the dept. Unfortunately it wasn't an on ship interview, it was in their offices in the Miami area. It took a couple of weeks but I got a call to let me know that I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with the various traffic channels.   Answer Question

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carnival (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a Skype Video Interview with founder. Was given a history of the creation of store and concept. Expansion was rapid and I had tons of opportunities if I worked for them.

Technical Purchasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter (TekPartners) They submitted my resume to the director of the department she was very impressed and told the agency to go ahead and set me up for immediate employment. That process took about a week to do background check and drug testing. The director at Carnival never interviewed me nor did I have to do any interview process just go straight to the agency and fill out the necessary paperwork.