Carnival Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Senior Programmer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Round robin, interviewed with several managers, asking technical questions about the database and screen design. Asked whether or not I like to play golf, what are my outside interests, do I have kids, am I willing to relocate, willing to accept the position as-is with no upgrade.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the DMA1100 database   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got relocation and a free lunch.

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carnival in October 2012.

Interview

Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Questions

• Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Round
    After one month Followed by Director discussion
    After another 2 months 3 Managers interview
    After another 2 more months 4 together inperson interview.
    Offer was issued with total 7 months process.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Huntersville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the office Manager afterward had me work with the people who were doing the job I would be considered for. At the end of interview, the manager said that the only reason she interviewed me was because "Corporate" required her to do so.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict with a co worker?
      What do you do to keep yourself calm in a tense situation?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

There is several steps you have to pass before you get the interview. The first one is a phone call, where they tell you if you go into the first meeting. At the first meeting is where they decide who goes into the interview and set up a day for your interview. At the interview you are with other people applying for the same position. It was in a group, very different and my first time interviewing with other people applying for the same position llistening to my answers

Interview Questions

• if I was willing to work long hours   1 Answer

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Group interview after listening to calls with an agent. They asked a few normal customer service questions and some what if questions. Based on your answers will determine if the job is yours

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Doral, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

- Group interview with 3 supervisors and 2 other applicants. Asked general questions about previous employers and listened to a few calls with other employees. Discussed situations that involved making a decision on the spot.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Doral, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

Hiring process seem to be okay, As usual recruiter will reach out to you to detail all the job info and talk about company. Scheduling interviews were also alright, not too bad, but follow up is just ridiculous.

Now from technical interview stand point of view is a utter joke. Really they don't even let an engineer to walk to the white board and explain the stuffs. They did interview like an interrogation, you are sticked to a chair, and not even allowed to move .. how sick is that? Some people were very friendly but some of them show a lot of attitude to the candidates ,though they sound too legatic. They just doubt on everything, and how could you even expect an ideas, thought process from a candidate having been seated and not giving a freedom to walk to white board. Terrible !! They have bunch of cheap outsourced contractors all over. If you are looking for a solid engineering role, trust me this is not a place to work. I do agree with what they do, job description looks awesome, but they are into old legacy technologies, don't expect any cutting edge technologies, they don't even seem to be in that path. If you are a person who has great ideas to develop, design, don't even look forward to this company. They just don't care. If you are one of those who are desperate for any role, then you are an ideal candidate, then this is the place. So this was my experience, I just wanted to share here. Anyways good luck if anyone still want to taste this medicine :)

Overall company looks alright, and it's a huge org, but in my point of view, this is absolutely not for the engineers. Have fun in the ship.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a better technical question, more of like how would you handle this situation ? what if we don't hire you ?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Written tests and verbal interview with an onboard Guest Services Manager. I was already working onboard in a different department and requested department change. Even though I had connection and was right there on the scene, readily available, it took a very long time for them to process the change, after my successful evaluation and interviews.

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.