Carnival Personal Vacation Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Personal Vacation Planner Interview Questions

Interviews at Carnival

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

Online application and then a virtual interview. Once I did the virtual interview I received an email with an invitation to a face to face interview. I know have a third interview this upcoming Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Carnival

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

There is a two part process to interviewing for this position. You will give your elevator pitch in groups of 5 to two hiring managers then, if called back, there will be a second group interview in groups of 4. During the actual interview each candidate was placed with a representative currently in the position in order to shadow and get a general idea of the position. After spending about an hour with the representative, you are taken back to another room for about another hour and a half in order to answer questions. Each person is given a turn to answer each question and at the end they let you know that you will be contacted with a decision.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I received an email invitation to a open house. The open house had over 60 people in my estimation. Possibly more. They seat you in two sides. One for people waiting for an interview and the other for people who were already interviewed. They call you in groups with two interviewers and ask for our experience in sales. Each of us gets a chance to talk about our experience and knowledge in sales. In my suggestion, don’t bring up anything about customer service. Just sales. I was able to give a brief down of everything I know in sales. After that they sit you down on the side where people were already interviewed. I was called and escorted out. I was told If selected I may be contacted for a second interview. If not, emailed. Apparently they think we’re idiots. They wouldn’t have us sit down to be called again if they weren’t conducting a second interview. I guess the ones who aren’t selected gets booted out. I’m assuming they’re looking for hard sales people with real experience in sales. Call center experience doesn’t matter to them.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Initial interview is done over the phone, and recruiter is very professional and pleasant to deal with. Second interview was a panel interview, there was another applicant there with me. We were told they were hiring a lot of new employees, and that we should not see each other as a competition. The questions were pretty standard, what I did like a lot is being able to sit next to one of the employees for a while and see him work, as well as very upfront and detailed description of salary and incentives. I got a call with job offer the same day, and the actual training started 3 months later.

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief but very thorough. Once you prove you want the job and did research on the industry they consider you a prime candidate. Be honest in every answer you give as the managing staff is very experienced in the industry and want someone who is dedicated to learning about the company and cruisers both returning and new.

Interview Questions

• Role playing a scenario with someone who's never been on vacation before with Carnival.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5-, 10, 15- years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

They call you on the phone and ask you typical questions, why should we hire you, what you bring to the company. Applied on there website. Then they do a phone screening, then a second phone interview. And Finally a face to face. Not too hard since its a sales position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

the interview started as a group interview and then out of six of us they chose myself and one other person for a second group interview. in the second group interview they try to get you flustered but it really doesn't work if just looks rude on their part, me being a veteran without any sales experience they decided not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make?   1 Answer

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I thought that I did very well on the interview. I have a lot of cruise line experience, with great references from former managers. They had a bunch of us in there for the interview. One of my fellow interviewees arrived about 45 minutes late for the interview, she didn't have a pen, or a copy of her resume. Her phone went off during the interview, and she seemed to text something back. I actually recognized her from my gym. I ran into her a couple of months later, and she told me that she was working at Carnival. I thought that she was joking until she proved it to me. I was shocked that I didn't even get an offer, and she did. After speaking with her for awhile at the gym, she told me that she was shocked as well. They hired a bunch of people for her respective training class. She told me that, " everyone in her training class was African American". She told me that almost everyone in her department was African American. She laughed and said to me, " if I was like her, I would have been hired as well". I wished that I didn't waste all that time on the interview process if they had no intention of hiring me due to the color of my skin.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carnival in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call screen, questions. Be truthful, if you have the work ethic your experience does not matter. Don't stress on customer service, if you work hard and close guests service comes naturally.

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Explained pay schedule, the sent to listen in to pvp in action , after met with 2 managers were asked to talk about our selves and what sales experience we have, then to tell whos life we most influence