Carnival Personal Vacation Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Personal Vacation Planner Interview Questions

Interviews at Carnival

2.6

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carnival in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call screen, questions. Be truthful, if you have the work ethic your experience does not matter. Don't stress on customer service, if you work hard and close guests service comes naturally.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Carnival

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

There is a two part process to interviewing for this position. You will give your elevator pitch in groups of 5 to two hiring managers then, if called back, there will be a second group interview in groups of 4. During the actual interview each candidate was placed with a representative currently in the position in order to shadow and get a general idea of the position. After spending about an hour with the representative, you are taken back to another room for about another hour and a half in order to answer questions. Each person is given a turn to answer each question and at the end they let you know that you will be contacted with a decision.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I received an email invitation to a open house. The open house had over 60 people in my estimation. Possibly more. They seat you in two sides. One for people waiting for an interview and the other for people who were already interviewed. They call you in groups with two interviewers and ask for our experience in sales. Each of us gets a chance to talk about our experience and knowledge in sales. In my suggestion, don’t bring up anything about customer service. Just sales. I was able to give a brief down of everything I know in sales. After that they sit you down on the side where people were already interviewed. I was called and escorted out. I was told If selected I may be contacted for a second interview. If not, emailed. Apparently they think we’re idiots. They wouldn’t have us sit down to be called again if they weren’t conducting a second interview. I guess the ones who aren’t selected gets booted out. I’m assuming they’re looking for hard sales people with real experience in sales. Call center experience doesn’t matter to them.

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief but very thorough. Once you prove you want the job and did research on the industry they consider you a prime candidate. Be honest in every answer you give as the managing staff is very experienced in the industry and want someone who is dedicated to learning about the company and cruisers both returning and new.

Interview Questions

• Role playing a scenario with someone who's never been on vacation before with Carnival.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5-, 10, 15- years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

They call you on the phone and ask you typical questions, why should we hire you, what you bring to the company. Applied on there website. Then they do a phone screening, then a second phone interview. And Finally a face to face. Not too hard since its a sales position.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Initial interview is done over the phone, and recruiter is very professional and pleasant to deal with. Second interview was a panel interview, there was another applicant there with me. We were told they were hiring a lot of new employees, and that we should not see each other as a competition. The questions were pretty standard, what I did like a lot is being able to sit next to one of the employees for a while and see him work, as well as very upfront and detailed description of salary and incentives. I got a call with job offer the same day, and the actual training started 3 months later.

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a typical sales interview. They are looking for someone who is goal oriented, knows how to sell, or willing to learn. Show you are driven and coachable and want to make money, and don't take no for an answer, and they most likely will give you a shot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Submitted resume, called for initial interview within 24 hours. Quite a lengthy interview for a screening type interview. Roughly 45 minutes, but a pleasant interview. I felt it was quite thorough and easy to talk to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question, as a constant feeling that the interviewer was not sold on the job. It was apparent from the job posting that the job entails a commitment to ourbound calling to make the contacts for sales. I supposed they have people apply that do not grasp all that commitment entails, but I felt the interviewer herself felt it would not be an enjoyable job.   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Carnival in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online September 5th. After completing online application link requested interview to be set up. Had first interview on Sept 9 via telephone with HR recruiter. Immediately set up for second interview via webcam for the following day with a Team Manager and then Hiring Manager. Received phone call Friday offering me the position and received link with all new hire documents.

Interview Questions

• They want you to sell them a cruise via webcam. Point out the benefits. Other than that, pretty standard questions. Hiring manager was very thorough with job description and what is expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was satisfied with the base salary and commission structure.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Totally disappointed, Online interview process took two hours including training and a mock call center. The answers to the mock customer are not even anything that a Customer Service Rep would ever say to a customer. Without even talking to a live person I was "not the ideal candidate" What a waste of my time that I could have used to find other employment.

Interview Questions

• Training for a Mock Customer Call Center was a waste of time.   Answer Question