Carnival Personal Vacation Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carnival Personal Vacation Planner Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL).

Interview

They call you on the phone and ask you typical questions, why should we hire you, what you bring to the company. Applied on there website. Then they do a phone screening, then a second phone interview. And Finally a face to face. Not too hard since its a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
    What do you bring to the table?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Carnival

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

the interview started as a group interview and then out of six of us they chose myself and one other person for a second group interview. in the second group interview they try to get you flustered but it really doesn't work if just looks rude on their part, me being a veteran without any sales experience they decided not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to make?   1 Answer

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

I thought that I did very well on the interview. I have a lot of cruise line experience, with great references from former managers. They had a bunch of us in there for the interview. One of my fellow interviewees arrived about 45 minutes late for the interview, she didn't have a pen, or a copy of her resume. Her phone went off during the interview, and she seemed to text something back. I actually recognized her from my gym. I ran into her a couple of months later, and she told me that she was working at Carnival. I thought that she was joking until she proved it to me. I was shocked that I didn't even get an offer, and she did. After speaking with her for awhile at the gym, she told me that she was shocked as well. They hired a bunch of people for her respective training class. She told me that, " everyone in her training class was African American". She told me that almost everyone in her department was African American. She laughed and said to me, " if I was like her, I would have been hired as well". I wished that I didn't waste all that time on the interview process if they had no intention of hiring me due to the color of my skin.

Interview Questions

• Past experience   Answer Question
    • They asked me if there was any issue with committing to the scheduling demands of the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Explained pay schedule, the sent to listen in to pvp in action , after met with 2 managers were asked to talk about our selves and what sales experience we have, then to tell whos life we most influence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was alright. They do everything possible to make you feel comfortable. At first a recruiter tells you all about the compensation package, which if you are struggling for money this might not be job for you since you won't see that for about 3 months. Then the interview consists of 2 people asking you questions. Honestly, I feel the man's first language was definitely not English, the way they phrase things is a bit confusing. But not the worst interview I've been to.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to talk about yourself. What would your best friend say about you?   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Very difficult. Depending on whom you are interviewing with. More friendly interviewers hired more people. It is all based on who interviews you and what type of mood they are in. It is very much like a cattle call.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to sell them something. If you know the sales process this is a simple question.   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Carnival in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online September 5th. After completing online application link requested interview to be set up. Had first interview on Sept 9 via telephone with HR recruiter. Immediately set up for second interview via webcam for the following day with a Team Manager and then Hiring Manager. Received phone call Friday offering me the position and received link with all new hire documents.

Interview Questions

• They want you to sell them a cruise via webcam. Point out the benefits. Other than that, pretty standard questions. Hiring manager was very thorough with job description and what is expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was satisfied with the base salary and commission structure.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carnival.

Interview

Totally disappointed, Online interview process took two hours including training and a mock call center. The answers to the mock customer are not even anything that a Customer Service Rep would ever say to a customer. Without even talking to a live person I was "not the ideal candidate" What a waste of my time that I could have used to find other employment.

Interview Questions

• Training for a Mock Customer Call Center was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carnival (Miramar, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Attended an open house. They broke us into groups of 10 and gave us 1 minute to introduce ourselves and say why we'd be a good fit for the job. I was the only one out of my group who was selected for a follow-up interview.

Came a few days later for the follow-up. It took around 3 hours. They had you fill out some paper work, then explained the incentive pay plan. Then they had you side-jack with an established PVP for about a half hour and after that the group interview began. My group only had like 5 applicants.

Received a phone call a few days later informing me that I had received the job.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a blank check and told you to fill in your salary for your first year, how much would you say your worth?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival (Miami, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Went to an open house at Carnival headquarters and was given a number. When my group of numbers was called about 10 of us went into a room and we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves everyone. Every spoke for about one minute and at the end of the interview they asked us to step out of the room. Out of my group of 10, two were chosen. Unfortunately I was not chosen.