Carolinas HealthCare System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Radiology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 8 weeks from start of application. Had initial interview. Initial interview was a peer interview with 4 co workers. Got a tour of Dept and met other co workers. 3 1/2 weeks later had final interview with the director and manager. Received call that I was selected for the job less than 24 hours later. Background check completed and received offer. Don't get discouraged they take their time during the hiring process. It did help that I had a referral.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a negative situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The first interview was with 4 peer interviewers, and afterwards I had an interview with the manager and was shown around the department. 2 weeks later I got a call for a final interview with the director and was offered the job 4 days later.

Social Worker MSW Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call requesting to schedule an interview approximately one week after I applied for the position. The woman calling was a supervisor in the Corporate Clinical Care Management department. She asked me to tell her a little about myself before inquiring when I might be able to come in for an interview. We agreed upon a date and time, but she said she was unable to confirm due to computer trouble. The woman said she would call me back the next day to confirm but never did. I called her a few days later, and the interview was officially scheduled.

The next week, I was interviewed by the woman with whom I spoke on the phone and her superior, the director of the department. The interview was very informal, and the women seemed enthusiastic and personable. However, they only asked me two questions. (Three, if you count "Do you have any questions for us?") They spent a lot of time discussing the position itself and what the job would involve, as opposed to asking about my experience and qualifications. Despite preparing for a more in-depth interview and tougher questions, I thought the interview went well. At the end of the interview, though, I was told they hoped to have a decision sent to HR by the next day. This information made me believe they already knew which candidate they wanted to hire, which is a possible explanation as to why they did not seem to care much about my interview.

Oh, and my interviewers answered a phone call (on speaker phone) in the middle of the interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shelby, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Shelby, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The first interview was with the manager and educator of the department. The second was a peer interview with four of the staff nurses. Before interviewing I was given a tour of the department. I was offered the job within one business day. I want to address the physical ability test that is administered for staff nurses since it's components seem to be shrouded in mystery. The PAT includes 6 tasks: ROM (shoulders, neck, waist, toe touch), pushing a sled with 95 lbs for 50 ft down a hallway, pulling 45 lbs while standing in a staggered position, walk 500 ft at a comfortable pace, lift a 35 lb box from floor to waist height and place on a shelf, and perform a task with hips flexed at a 35 degree angle for 5 minutes ( I had to sort nuts and bolts.) Heart rate is measured after every task and should fall within normal range. Blood pressure is checked at the beginning of the exam and should not be above 160/100.

Interview Questions

• If 3 of the people closest to you were sitting here; who are they and what would they say about you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How do you ensure that you present yourself as a professional on the job?
      Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

A lot of questions about yourself and what are your capabilities and what would you do in a certain situation. It was difficult because it was one question after another and they will attempts to ask the same question in a different form after a couple question to see if your answer would still be the same. It was very different than any interview I had been too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Actually liked the offer so didn't negotiate but was able to if needed.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by an in person interview. Process took 7 weeks. Very friendly and the interview was very relaxed. However the company under promised and was terrible at communicating. The manager said they would follow up within 24 hours but didn't call me for another 2 weeks. The interview process overall took about 7 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (New York, NY).

Interview

Very streamlined - had an opportunity to meet the team as well as senior leadership. Questions about my background and skills were discussed. What I liked best was the opportunity to see the setting and ask questions about the direction of the program. I also liked meeting the senior leadership to understand their interest/support for the program/project.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my knowledge regarding the health condition that I was going to be hired to manage projects for   Answer Question

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process at the Carolinas Healthcare System was easy and convenient. They asked basic questions about my personality and skills. They took three weeks to get back to me on the results of the interview.

Healthcare Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Very easy good company to work for. Stressful at times. But benefits okay. Pay low for work assignment but there is room for advancement. Great people who work there. Management is like anyother company I work at.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not that difficult

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Completely disorganized and unprofessional experience. The interview consisted of a person trying to intimidate me by talking about herself and her accomplishments for over and hour. I eventually had to ask if she was planning on asking me any questions.