Carolinas HealthCare System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Radiology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Took about 8 weeks from start of application. Had initial interview. Initial interview was a peer interview with 4 co workers. Got a tour of Dept and met other co workers. 3 1/2 weeks later had final interview with the director and manager. Received call that I was selected for the job less than 24 hours later. Background check completed and received offer. Don't get discouraged they take their time during the hiring process. It did help that I had a referral.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were in a negative situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Asked me could I be an intern while I was at an conference. Upon the first day there was a series of medical test that I had to participate in.

Interview Questions

• What are you in school for?   1 Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

All individuals were pleasant from managers to peers. Often phone screen first, manager interview then peer interview was arranged, either in-person, FaceTime or phone. It varied from position to position,

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System.

Interview

Most units use peer interviews. Which means you have people with no experience or knowledge on interview techniques. So it really comes down to a popularity contest. And also means you usually end up working with terrible clinicians.

Interview Questions

• They use behavioral type questions like "tell me about a time you had conflict with a coworker and how you handled it?"   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

I was sent an email from the hiring manager , requesting that I call her. I work 8-5pm in an office, so when we began to play phone tag, I tried emailing her. No response. I finally text her, and she let me know that they were at the "tail end" of the interview process. After how difficult it was to connect , I decided to wait until another opening .

A month later another position was posted. I expressed interest, and received an email from the manager. I called her to setup the interview, but was treated very poorly on the phone. She interrogated me as to why we didn't connect the first time, and questioned my capabilities and interest. I held my tongue in that it was likely the archaic practice of not answering emails in 2017, and only accepting calls. This was a red flag for me, but decided to schedule the interview anyway, because it's a great organization.

When I arrived, the interview started off ok, then quickly took a turn for the worst much like our phone call. She asked that I give an example of project management skills, but no example would appease her. I asked her to explain her question, she smiled and shrugged her shoulders , and said she didn't know how. It was like shooting darts in the dark as to how to answer the question. By the end of the interview she told me they've already interviewed 16 other people , and had 3 more weeks of interviews. Overall, I left the interview with a bad impression and little to know information on what the position itself did. I like the company, but you don't treat candidates like that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System.

Interview

It was a panel interview with the nurse manager and several nurse supervisors. Everyone was friendly enough and the questions were fairly easy. If you've had CNA experience before, you should have no issue answering the questions.

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

It was more like a personality interview. It was surprisingly one of the best ones I've been to! They go the exra mile to make sure they are hiring the right people.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you choose to apply for this position   1 Answer

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The questions were simple, the department was new and the interviewer was not extremely knowledgeable of the subject matter. I was a referral, the recruiter was informative she wanted me to know what to expect. My interviewer was stoic, difficult to read.

Interview Questions

• What's class does this group of drugs belong to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy process
    I first had a phone screen interview, then met the manager in person for another interview.
    Then a phone interview with the team and then another phone screen interview with the director.

Staff Chaplain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

Interview

First, you go online like for every job, and submit an application and resume. Verification of receipt in]s emailed quickly. I received a phone call from the person this position reports directly to, we set up time for a preliminary phone interview, after which time a face to face interview was set up.

ER STaff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Carolinas HealthCare System (Concord, NC).

Interview

Interview was about 30 mins long . was asked why I chose to seek a job at their facility. What frustrated me about ER...what I enjoyed about ER. Asked about my experience and background. Staff were friendly pleasant and welcoming.