Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call the day after asking for an interview. He told me to bring along my documents and to prepare a presentation about my favourite piece of technology (my phone)

Went to the interview and I had it with one manager who was very supportive and a good laugh, questions were tough but J answered them the best I could and if there was one I struggled on then the manager would support me and tell me not to stress and that it's okay which helped me a lot. The interview wasn't easy at all- it was my far the hardest interview I've been to. What I will say is prepare your piece of technology presentation- find little details about it that other people may not know and fit as much as you can into your presentation. After that I filled in a form about my dietary requirements for the training course if I made it through and all information they needed

After that he said he would contact me within 3 days (I chased him up after 3 because I'm impatient) and then I found out i'd got the job! So now I'm just waiting for information about the 3 day training course in Birmingham

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informal , the manager asked a few questions about my cv and about my interests. Then we moved onto a role play where I was trying to sell a new nerwork plan to this customer, which was played by the manager.
    The manager was friendly at the beginning however once i started speaking it seemed that she was bored and that kinda put me off abit. I did not receive any feedback from them whatsoever.

Customer Consultant Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and filled out a question that took about 10 minutes. Thought nothing of it as is previously applied and heard nothing back when I got a call from the store manager asking me a few details about the position I applied for availability and why I wanted to work for them etc. Arranged an interview for the following Monday, upon arrival I had to wait for a while he was serving, then took me in a small room and asked me more compentancy based questions. The interview took no more than half an hour beforehand he asked me to research more about the company but didn't ask me anything regarding it which I was confused about then took a look at my right to work documents and said he would let me know by the end of the week which I will be successful in getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've worked in a team what was your role, how did you resolve any issues?

How do you adapt to learning new things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

They were bulk recruiting in the Xmas period and from what I can remember, there was a phone interview, followed by a Group & 1 on 1 interview in Central London, followed by ~ 2 induction days followed by actual work. It was all pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Customer Service questions, past work history questions, availability, travel time etc.

Group & 1 on 1 interview: Informal group chat followed by a 1 on 1 interview with an assessor. Main thing I remember about the 1 on 1 interview was that I had to sell my phone to the assessor - they tell you about this in the phone interview and thus you have a couple of days time to prepare for this.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, took 5 days to receive a telephone interview and after a short while a date was arranged to meet the branch manager for a face-to-face interview. There were other applicants at the place I took the interview, however it was not a group interview/discussion. Interview lasted 30mins and were scenario-based questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to try and sell a computer to a customer who worked as a farmer and had no experience with technical language.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ensure you apply to a store with a good community, as these are the people you will be facing daily.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Good.open style of questions, friendly. I got a really good overview of the business and its competitors. I backed up each of my answers with examples , that they seemed to like. If I didn't have experience in one particular area, they seemed to be okay to move on.

Interview Questions

• How i would contribute to the success of the business. What key challenges I could see for the business in the future. How i would deal with difficult customers. What does exceptional customer service look like   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Had an initial phone interview and then a face-to-face interview with hiring managers as well as several contacts from company internal recruitment professional. They promised to contact me with the decision but never heard anything from the company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, very friendly interview, question were related to past problem situations and how to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

applied online, and had to complete a personality test straight after, and then in about 2 weeks- 1 month was called to conduct a telephone interview which was really brief. Then offered to come into a interview with 2/3 other managers and managers in training at the central office within the region (my case was stratford for the south east side) and was told I received the job straight away.

As soon as you receive the offer, you are fully accepted however it is based on each individual store manager to see if they want to take you on, I was accepted into the third branch which happened to be in a 2 mile radius just barely but I definitely got the job.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

3 stages:

First interview is getting to know you and wanting to see you for who you are. They don't care for technical knowledge at this stage.

Second stage is role play, they want to see how you would deal with different real working life scenarios.

If you pass those stages in flying colours then the final stage is understanding the products and services they sell and knowing it inside out. Once you pass the test you will be located to the nearest store to where you live.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   1 Answer

Insurance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

I was hired through a recruitement agency (addeco), i submited my CV to them and they arranged an interview with the carphone warehouse, the interview process was quiet good and the staff were very friendly

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the carphonewarehouse   1 Answer