Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.7

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in April 2017.

Interview

Initially, there was an informal chat so the interviewer could get to know me better.

Following this, there were a set of multi-part competency questions. From what I remember, these asked about times I'd worked in a team, a time I was curious about learning, when I worked to a difficult goal, how I've dealt with customers in the past and a time when I had to persuade someone.

Then there was a short role play, where I had to explain a set of 3 contracts to a "customer" and sell it to them.

Order Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Loughborough, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was generally quite straight forward and easy, asked me the usual questions such as availability etc. The person who interviews ensured that you were kept at ease and relaxed throughout its duration.

The next stage of the interview were 4 situational questions where you had to explain where you have come across it and how you overcame the issue, which was pretty easy overall.

After my legal documents were printed they offered me the job on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• When have you coma across a bad experience with a customer and how did you deal with it?
      When have you had to work hard to achieve a goal?
      Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in March 2017.

Interview

Took about two weeks to receive a call to arrange an interview date, just asked a few questions over the phone.

On the day I was so nervous as I had to do a role play but they provide all the information necessary. Totally relaxed and supportive through the whole process. Very efficient in terms of doing the interview, offering the job and completing relevant paperwork.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Ashford, Kent, South East England, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview was straight forward but time consuming. Manager and assistant manager took turns asking questions about general things like right to work and days available. Manager then done a role play exercise where I basically had to recall the information she had just given me about the services they offer. After that the assistant manager took me to the shop floor and we spoke to a few customers as well as other members of staff. After the interview had finished the manager said she would be in contact if I was successful. Was offered the job 4 hours later.

Interview Questions

• What did you notice in store?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview

Simple process. Showed up and they gave me a sheet to make notes on with what questions I'd ask to a customer about their current phone and contract. Once I'd done that we moved onto the role play which what just asking questions to get an idea of what phone they want.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informal , the manager asked a few questions about my cv and about my interests. Then we moved onto a role play where I was trying to sell a new nerwork plan to this customer, which was played by the manager.
    The manager was friendly at the beginning however once i started speaking it seemed that she was bored and that kinda put me off abit. I did not receive any feedback from them whatsoever.

Customer Consultant Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and filled out a question that took about 10 minutes. Thought nothing of it as is previously applied and heard nothing back when I got a call from the store manager asking me a few details about the position I applied for availability and why I wanted to work for them etc. Arranged an interview for the following Monday, upon arrival I had to wait for a while he was serving, then took me in a small room and asked me more compentancy based questions. The interview took no more than half an hour beforehand he asked me to research more about the company but didn't ask me anything regarding it which I was confused about then took a look at my right to work documents and said he would let me know by the end of the week which I will be successful in getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've worked in a team what was your role, how did you resolve any issues?

How do you adapt to learning new things?
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process began by applying for a position on the Dixons Carphone Warehouse. After around two weeks or so I was called on the phone which I was invited to an interview at the store which I applied for. I attended this interview and it began by waiting a few minutes until the manager called me into the staff room. The interview was conducted by two managers one of the store which I was applying to and another manager of another store. The first part of the interview involved asking questions about myself and the company etc. and the second part involved performing a role play which I recieved a prompt and I had to make notes. The role play was based on finding out a users requirements and how I would meet them. This was carried out by one of the managers with myself. After that I asked some questions regarding the role and I finished. The whole process took around forty minutes.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Luton, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

1. Online application and questionnaire.

2. Phone chat about why I want the position and arranged an informal face to face chat.

3. Face to Face chat with some basic interview questions. In the end I couldn't do the job because i needed 3 days in a row to do training in Birmingham! (I live in Luton) but because of the days i'm at college i couldn't.

Interview Questions

• What does carphone warehouse mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any sales experience?   1 Answer
    • What do you do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview

Applied for the job, completely forgot I had applied as I didn't expect to get it. Was rung up by the store manager about a week later and had a very relaxed phone interview, he briefly went over the role and asked some basic questions about myself. He then offered for me to come in store for an interview, to which I happily accepted.

I went in for my interview and was asked a series of situational questions and then took part in a role play session in which I was given a sheet of paper with 4 product details on, deals, a couple of extras (such as keyboard, cases etc) and insurance add ons.

I had 10 minutes to read the paper and prep myself and then the role play began where the manager pretended to be a customer and I had to be a consultant.

At the end of the interview I was told I would receive a call if I got the job or an email if I hadn't. The next day I was phoned up and offered the job. I am also being sent on an all expense paid 3 day training before starting in the shop which I am very excited for.

Overall, was a really easy process and the manager was really nice. The checks and contracts process after getting the job can be a bit of a hassle and involve a lot of emails being sent to you but all should be worth it. They do have a great customer service team who you can call to help out with any problems.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you have had to work really hard to get a reward that you really wanted?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time you have had to lead a team?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time you have had to persuade someone to get an outcome that you wanted?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of a time you have had to learn a new skill and what process you took to learn it?   Answer Question