Carrabba's Italian Grill Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carrabba's Italian Grill Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.3

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview

They called me in. You first get interviewed by the FOH manager and then the owner. They asked standard questions about serving experience and what I think I could bring to the restaurant.

Interview Questions

• How would you prepare a meal if I told you I was coming over for dinner?   Answer Question
  • Name a time you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Straightforward, normal restaurant interview questions. I sat one on one with the manager and the interview lasted for a total of about an hour. I was hired on the spot and told to come in within the next week for orientation which lasted about 5 hours. Finally, you are to train 5 days in a row and at the end of the week serve the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Glendale, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Really easy interview process. Asked main challenges that I've faced and if I was ready to put in the work to learn everything. Tried to be intimidating to assert dominance.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online, walk in NOT DURING MEALTIMES and ask if they had a chance to look at your application and if they'll usually interview you on the spot. It'll be two interviews with 2 separate managers.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I knew a friend that worked there. They asked me about my experience, and what I knew about wine. It didn't really matter what experience I had or how much I knew about wine because I said I didn't know anything.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. The manager wanted to know how familiar I was with wines. I was asked to describe myself and my prior experience. I was suppose to have two interviews but she choose to hire me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?
      How much knowledge of wine do you have?
      Describe yourself
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Fayetteville, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was simple, short, and to the point; just asked me like three questions, told me about the job, and hired me right on the spot. I was surprised that they didn't ask more but not a problem to me. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I got there and sat down with both managers; they seemed uptight and rude. When they started asking me questions, I realized it was the same question rephrased about 20 different times. I felt like I was repeating myself the whole time, but what did they expect? Just from being in the interview, I could tell I didn't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• They asked me, "If the customer is unhappy, what would you do?" Then rephrased it over and over again.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Cary, NC).

Interview

I was told I could sit at a booth and was asked if I wanted anything to drink before the interview. Then the manager came and asked me a few questions. The interview took about 15 minutes, and was fairly simple. It came across to me as following the serving philosophy of maintaining good emotions as well as being efficient.

Interview Questions

• What experience serving do you have? What would you do in the event of an unhappy customer? What do you enjoy most about serving, what do you personally enjoy about this type of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Houston, TX).

Interview

Apply online at Carrabbas website. During the interview the manager asked me what I would want to move up to in the company and what my plans were. I took a quick math skills test and a personality test.