Carrabba's Italian Grill Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carrabba's Italian Grill Server Interview Questions

Updated Oct 31, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I knew a friend that worked there. They asked me about my experience, and what I knew about wine. It didn't really matter what experience I had or how much I knew about wine because I said I didn't know anything.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Carrabba's Italian Grill

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. The manager wanted to know how familiar I was with wines. I was asked to describe myself and my prior experience. I was suppose to have two interviews but she choose to hire me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?
      How much knowledge of wine do you have?
      Describe yourself
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Fayetteville, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was simple, short, and to the point; just asked me like three questions, told me about the job, and hired me right on the spot. I was surprised that they didn't ask more but not a problem to me. :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Naperville, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I got there and sat down with both managers; they seemed uptight and rude. When they started asking me questions, I realized it was the same question rephrased about 20 different times. I felt like I was repeating myself the whole time, but what did they expect? Just from being in the interview, I could tell I didn't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• They asked me, "If the customer is unhappy, what would you do?" Then rephrased it over and over again.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Cary, NC).

Interview

I was told I could sit at a booth and was asked if I wanted anything to drink before the interview. Then the manager came and asked me a few questions. The interview took about 15 minutes, and was fairly simple. It came across to me as following the serving philosophy of maintaining good emotions as well as being efficient.

Interview Questions

• What experience serving do you have? What would you do in the event of an unhappy customer? What do you enjoy most about serving, what do you personally enjoy about this type of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Houston, TX).

Interview

Apply online at Carrabbas website. During the interview the manager asked me what I would want to move up to in the company and what my plans were. I took a quick math skills test and a personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty simple. Applied online, called a few days later to check on the status of my application, set up an interview, came in 3 days in a row and received a conditional offer. They don't extend official job offers until you pass their ridiculous 100 question menu test. I've worked serving jobs at much larger and nicer places before, I'm familiar with menu tests. They told me on a Wednesday afternoon to study the menu and be ready for a test on Friday. Little did I know, they expect you to know every ingredient in every menu item, down to the type of pepper they use. I understand wanting your employees to know the menu, I don't understand giving less than a day and a half to memorize an entire menu, individual ingredients and all. All of this, and they hadn't even officially hired me yet. It's called "on the job training", I've never worked at a place with this level of negligence in regards to training their employees. 3 days in a row I spent coming here when I could have been applying and interviewing elsewhere. You do have to be willing to actually train your employees, or at least extend an offer before expecting so much of a candidate's time. I don't know who they're kidding, this job is one step up from Olive Garden. With 4 table sections I'm sure there's a better job out there with more reasonable expectations and a better chance of earning potential.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be an asset to this company?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill.

Interview

As part of my interview I was required to carry a large tray with plates on it to prove I had credible serving experience. Keep in mind that you'll have to complete a 100 question test involving the ingredients of all of the menu items after your week of training. You have to score a 90% or above and I failed to do so twice. That was literally one of the hardest tests I've ever taken in my life..

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite item on the menu? Sell it to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called to interview the same day and was asked about my past serving experience and why I wanted to be with the company. I introduced myself to the general manager and left my resume with him. To be hired you have to pass a written ingredient test, where you literally write out every ingredient. I had to take it twice and there were around 40 items at least.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your past company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrabba's Italian Grill (Westlake, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really quite simple. There was only a single meeting, in which several basic questions were asked. After that there was a one week gap between the interview itself and hearing back about the hiring process. The only abnormal questions were those about wine knowledge as it is a lager part of there menu.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about wine?   1 Answer