Carrier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carrier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier.

Interview

Got an email requesting interview, then a 30-minute phone interview. Received an offer in the following week. The interviewer asked me if I know about the company then asked some technical and only a few behavioral questions.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrier (College Park, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a lot of behavioral type questions and no technical questions at all. Sometimes it was hard to think of answers because they were so broad (like most behavioral interview questions). I talked to two people. Each one for 45 mins. It was a long interview. Learned a lot about the company during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with someone. How did you come to a resolution?   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier (Syracuse, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I met Carrier at University career showcase and they took my resume in. After that I heard nothing for a few weeks and then I was contacted by HR who said they received my resume internally and wanted to connect. We connected the next week and the same day I was scheduled another phone interview with the engineering manager. a couple days after this, I was invited to visit them on site in Syracuse at their R&D center where I had 4 interviews, 1 with HR and 3 interviews with the three different team members. After that got a site tour and the details of the job. Also to be noted that they paid for my visit up there wit hotels, flights and rental car. Following the interview, I did not hear anything for 3 weeks. After this, I got a call from the engineering manager that I had gotten the offer and in days I got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with the HVAC industry and why are you interested in this.   Answer Question

Customs Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Carrier (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through a headhunter, contacted after one month from application. UTC arranged flight to NC office for face-to-face interview and another phone interview. Long process since UTC is a big company. Check on application status through UTC career page or contact HR rep.

Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with 2 managers, some basic questions on previous experience and work environment. Seemed if it was more of a feel your personality out type session then a typical structured interview. Answers to my questions seemed kind of vague.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier in July 2015.

Interview

2 Phone interviews by Human Resources.
    They responded withing 3-4 business days after receiving my resume.
    Had 2 phone interviews, and multiple phone calls and emails.

-Human Resources representative located in an entirely other State, across country.
    -Never got back to me after the 2nd phone interview. Nothing, no email or phone call.

-3 weeks after phone interviews with no response, I just found out that the newly hired Engineer Manager there use to be a very bad old manager I worked under almost 20 years ago. Explains the rude behavior, just like working there all over again. Thankfully I found out, because there's no way I would work for him again.

Interview Questions

• 1)Go over your work history
      2)Go over your education
      3) Go over your HVAC experience
      4) How soon can you start? looking to fill position asap.
      1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carrier (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted by an HR Associate and scheduled a telephone interview. Waited for her call at the scheduled time and I did not hear from her. I called her phone at work and cell phone and left a message. The next day, she explained that she got pulled into a meeting and could not make the scheduled call. (Really? How inconsiderate) Finally, at the second scheduled interview, she called me late. I thought everything went well and she was easy to talk to. She told me that she would pass my info onto her hiring manager and in a few days, she'd call me back. Never heard from her again. I left a voicemail and sent an email asking if I was still being considered a candidate. I am surprised at how unprofessional this company has handled this after telling me how wonderful her company is.

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

I was invited to take part in an on-campus interview with two carrier sales engineers. The first was quite pleasant and asked very pertinent and intelligent questions. The second asked harder questions. I took an extra second to think about the hardest one he asked and I could almost see the judgement in his eyes. I am sure this is the reason I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do something you thought was impossible but then you figured out a way to do it?   Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carrier.

Interview

Interviewed with the Service Supervisor and Branch Manager. Completed in less than an hour. Was hired as a temp that day. Had to work 3 months before an offer was extended. Negotiations were brief as the details had been ironed out during the 3 month temp assignment.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carrier (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Contacted by an outside vendor for the initial phase of the interview process. After speaking with the staffing agency, I was passed on to a recruiting manager who worked directly for Carrier. After the interview, I never heard back from the recruiter after several attempts requesting feedback and next steps. Never received a rejection letter either. Poor communication and poor image projection for a company that is Fortune 500.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another position?   1 Answer