Carrier Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carrier Sales Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrier (College Park, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a lot of behavioral type questions and no technical questions at all. Sometimes it was hard to think of answers because they were so broad (like most behavioral interview questions). I talked to two people. Each one for 45 mins. It was a long interview. Learned a lot about the company during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a conflict with someone. How did you come to a resolution?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Carrier

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

I was invited to take part in an on-campus interview with two carrier sales engineers. The first was quite pleasant and asked very pertinent and intelligent questions. The second asked harder questions. I took an extra second to think about the hardest one he asked and I could almost see the judgement in his eyes. I am sure this is the reason I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do something you thought was impossible but then you figured out a way to do it?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carrier in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a carrier representative at my state college, and asked to come in for an interview. Later that day an HR representative told me I was selected for a second round interview in Charlotte, NC. They flew me out and paid for my hotel. The next 2 days were filled with plant visits, multiple interviews with engineers and HR people, and a group case study type interview. They told me they would get back to me with their decision; however, they have yet to contact me (its been 3 months now). The overall experience was amazing but I just wish they were more transparent with their decision, I would rather them say no to me than string me along and say nothing.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier.

Interview

Recruiting at college, On-campus interview followed by sales profile interview on the phone with an outside company and then a final interview at HQ

Interview Questions

• Very lengthy and professional interview process. In no way did they attempt to stump or discourage any recruits. As the position is for sales, they did expect everyone to be very personable and well presented.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carrier (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Typical hiring process for college graduates: pre-screening at job fair, on-campus interviews, headquarters / regional manager interviews, then lastly local site interview

Interview Questions

• It mostly was pretty canned. Nothing to special or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They have a pretty set program for recent college grads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carrier (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2011.

Interview

Everything I prepped myself for I ended up throwing out the window and a total waste of time. I guess that's what I get for reading self-help books. Should have spent far more time researching the company and what it stands for. In particular, what it expects from it's sales engineers on a day-by-day basis. For example, how would you spend a typical hour of a day spent calling on a contractor...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer that a previous salesperson wronged and now has a sour taste in their mouth?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carrier (Baltimore, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume to HR department. Then I had a formal interview with Senior Sales Manager to discuss the job responsibilities, customer base, salary, incentives and benefits. I met the office team that I would be working with that included the Sales Administrator and the Operations Manager. We also discussed the work load and flexibility available for family.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience in technical sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated an annual salary rate that I needed based on my previous experience level and existing customer base. I recommend that applicants look at the value that they bring to meeting a prospective employers need with a specific customer base and your ability to create more business opportunities for your employer. Don't be afraid to ask for what you really need to be successful - even if you are on a probationary period to produce the results.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carrier.

Interview

On campus process begins with a technical cum aptitude paper followed by a GD and a string of Personal Interviews. The papers i fairly easy, specially the aptitude section. No negative marks. The tech section has basic as well as niche questions. The GD process includes a debate on a case study, HR-based case study in my case. PI's are very friendly.