Carson's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.0

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview . A time was set up for the interview. I was called, asked some general questions. The interviewer was impressed with my responses and said so. I was called a week later by a different person saying that they decided to go in a different direction. Found out after the fact. It's not what you know, but you know.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Carson's (Norridge, IL).

Interview

I applied online, a few days later the HR department called and did a phone interview, after that I had to do an in person interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult problem and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Situational questions like what would you do if the customer wants something out of stock?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with multiple customers needing to ask a question?   Answer Question
    • What would do if there are multiple customers in line?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carson's (Merrillville, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Schedules for an interview when the job was already filled so that they could toss me into a group interview for floor clothing folders. Most of the offers were for part time even though they all say full time. Description of job title is not what your actually being paid for. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The person asked me one question about my availability. It really wasn't an interview. They called me and asked my previous experience and what hours I can work during the week.

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carson's (North Riverside, IL).

Interview

Great Interview. Very Friendly And Ask Simple Questions. I Got Hired On Spot . The Manager Seemed Real Cool And The Process Went By So Quick. The Human Resource Manager Made Me Feel Comfortable During The Interview So It Wasn't Any Confusion Or Nervous Moments.

Interview Questions

• Can You Provide A Example Of When You Had To Bend The Rules To Get The Job Done?   1 Answer

Clinique Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carson's (Mount Prospect, IL).

Interview

Manager called within a week saying there are no positions in Clinique available but they would like to place me somewhere else in the store. Told them I am only interested in the cosmetic position and they proceeded with the interview.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online August 10th, got a call on the 13th for an interview on the 16th and I got the job on the spot. The environment is nice and so are the people. Everyone was friendly and seemed very accepting of having a new person to work with. The interview was a breeze, nothing to trip you up or scare you. It was very nice and professional. Just be yourself, be friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Carson's?   Answer Question
    • What department do you think would fit you? (This is how you know you have the job)   Answer Question
    • What's your availibility?   Answer Question
    • What's good customer service to you? Give a time where you provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a brief interview. The manager asked me normal questions. Questions about future plans, have you heard about Carson's, Carson's history of hiring people. Then the other questions were tougher about how i should address the customers and why the customers are ALWAYS right. Finally, the big question of "why should we feel that we should hire you, Carl?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that we should hire you?   1 Answer

Doorman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic questions nothing unexpected. Shouldnt be because the pay is horrible and mangement will be mean. It really sucks mangement steals and im honestly suprised the store isnt closed down. Ford city is the worst carsons in chicago maybe ever. Washrooms smell like the zoo. it look like the hood inside very bad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing its a job you'll not wanna work for a long time.. jus to get a quick buck.

Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carson's (Lombard, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a easy interview, but quit long. There are two interviews, one with HR and the other one with the shoe department manager. They asked questions about past experiences and why you chose Carsons. They were more worried about customer service than anything.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had with difficult customers and how did you handle it?   Answer Question