Carson's Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

1.9

Visual Merchandising Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carson's (Merrillville, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Schedules for an interview when the job was already filled so that they could toss me into a group interview for floor clothing folders. Most of the offers were for part time even though they all say full time. Description of job title is not what your actually being paid for. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with others?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The person asked me one question about my availability. It really wasn't an interview. They called me and asked my previous experience and what hours I can work during the week.

Anonymous Employee in North Riverside, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carson's (North Riverside, IL).

Interview

Great Interview. Very Friendly And Ask Simple Questions. I Got Hired On Spot . The Manager Seemed Real Cool And The Process Went By So Quick. The Human Resource Manager Made Me Feel Comfortable During The Interview So It Wasn't Any Confusion Or Nervous Moments.

Interview Questions

• Can You Provide A Example Of When You Had To Bend The Rules To Get The Job Done?   1 Answer

Clinique Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carson's (Mount Prospect, IL).

Interview

Manager called within a week saying there are no positions in Clinique available but they would like to place me somewhere else in the store. Told them I am only interested in the cosmetic position and they proceeded with the interview.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online August 10th, got a call on the 13th for an interview on the 16th and I got the job on the spot. The environment is nice and so are the people. Everyone was friendly and seemed very accepting of having a new person to work with. The interview was a breeze, nothing to trip you up or scare you. It was very nice and professional. Just be yourself, be friendly and open.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Carson's?   Answer Question
    • What department do you think would fit you? (This is how you know you have the job)   Answer Question
    • What's your availibility?   Answer Question
    • What's good customer service to you? Give a time where you provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a brief interview. The manager asked me normal questions. Questions about future plans, have you heard about Carson's, Carson's history of hiring people. Then the other questions were tougher about how i should address the customers and why the customers are ALWAYS right. Finally, the big question of "why should we feel that we should hire you, Carl?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that we should hire you?   1 Answer

Doorman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carson's (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Basic questions nothing unexpected. Shouldnt be because the pay is horrible and mangement will be mean. It really sucks mangement steals and im honestly suprised the store isnt closed down. Ford city is the worst carsons in chicago maybe ever. Washrooms smell like the zoo. it look like the hood inside very bad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing its a job you'll not wanna work for a long time.. jus to get a quick buck.

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carson's (Lombard, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a easy interview, but quit long. There are two interviews, one with HR and the other one with the shoe department manager. They asked questions about past experiences and why you chose Carsons. They were more worried about customer service than anything.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had with difficult customers and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carson's (Aurora, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I arrived to the store 5 minutes before the interview began. I went to the Service Desk first, and noticed it is permanently closed. I found the nearest Sales Associate to have the HR Manager paged, and found out that she was late. The associate led me to a waiting area near the Service Desk. She arrived, and first lead me to the Receiving Supervisor to begin my interview. The Supervisor was very casual, and basically explained the job to me. From there we both went to the office of the HR Manager. She then explained to me the position details such as salary and hours. I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carson's (Vernon Hills, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out application online. Got a interview about a week later. When I went in for the interview manager asked me a few questions and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an unhappy customer?   1 Answer