Carta Financial Analyst (409A Valuations) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Financial Analyst (409A Valuations) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carta (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2018.

Interview

First interview will be a phone screen where they ask standard behavioral/fit questions: tell me about yourself and your resume, what you know about Carta, what you know about the valuations team specifically, etc. If you pass the phone screen, they'll send you a tech challenge, which is a half-built financial model that they'll ask you to complete. You'll then come on-site for 3 back-to-back 30-minute interviews--the first will be a technical interview where you'll walk through the financial model, and the next two will be behavioral/fit interviews. I heard back about 5 days after my interview and accepted the offer.

Technical interview mostly focused on technical aspects of financial modeling and DCF. I wasn't asked any questions about Black Scholes option pricing, but I'd highly recommend studying up and getting familiar with this, as it's a big part of the job.

Interview Questions

• When determining FCF in a DCF model, why do you add back depreciation and amortization (D&A)?   1 Answer
  • How would you build out a NOL carry forward schedule?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal w/an angry customer?   1 Answer
  • How do you manage multiple projects at once?   1 Answer