Carter's Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carter's Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2016

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carter's.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to set up an interview for the following day. Interviewed with assistant manager, the manager was out on leave. Was scheduled an interview with another store manager in a different location but I declined.

Interview Questions

• Interview was basic questions that was read from prepared questions. Asked about previous work experience and how I got along with other employees. Was able to ask my own questions. Interview went well and set up another interview for me.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Carter's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carter's (Sevierville, TN).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a interview with the Assistant manager.
    The interview lasted almost an hour and I was asked the same old standard questions everyone ask. I am beginning to believe everyone uses the same interview guide. It seemed the interview went very well and I was told I would definitely be getting a second interview. Those were her exact words. I never heard anything from them. I would like to add that I had interviewed with this same company almost a year prior and it was for the same position. I was told the same thing at the end of that interview as well, that I would definitely be hearing back from them. Apparently that is the way they close their interviews, making you think it went well and they are interested. A simple "Thanks for coming in and it was nice to meet you" would work just as well if not better because then you haven't given someone false hope.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (El Paso, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

the interview process is broken up into 2 interviews. one will be with the store manager and the last interview will be with the district manager. they are both pretty much the same behavioral based interviews. the next week you should receive a call with an offer sheet and setting up an appointment to do the steps necessary for a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Honolulu, HI) in April 2014.

Interview

The initial interview with the store manager was straight forward, and had a conversational tone, making it easy to connect to the manager. The in store interview went so well, that the manager immediately set up to have me do my second interview with the DM. Since the DM was on vacation, they scheduled me to do a phone interview with another store manager who was in training to become a DM. That manager called me for my phone interview 30 minutes late, and only after I called to find out why I hadn't heard from anyone yet. Once that manager did conduct my interview, it went well enough for her to put me through for the third interview with HR. Meanwhile, that same day, the original store manager had me go in to the store to sigh papers to conduct a background check. No one asked me for my ID or any form of identification. I figured they didn't need it and left. Well, the next day, HR was supposed to call me, no one called. I again had to reach out to the company and find out what was going on. Once I heard from them, they rescheduled another phone interview for the next day. And then later that day, I got a call from the store I was applying at to come in "ASAP" to give them my ID and social security card to complete the background check. The next day, AGAIN the HR interview was 30 minutes late, and again only happened because I reached out to ask why no one had called for my interview yet. I finally did the interview with HR, it lasted about 30 minutes. Ten days later, after 3 interviews, two trips to the store location to drop off things for the background check, I hadn't heard back from the company. So I called the store and asked to speak to the manager. She wasn't going to be until that afternoon so I left a message saying I just wanted to find out what the next steps are. I didn't hear back from the store manager at all. So six hours later, I called again to make sure she got my message. When she answered, she sounded surprised to hear from me. I told her what I was calling about and she just said, we hired from within, I'll keep your application on file. Thanks. Bye. Maybe she thought someone else had called me to tell me I didn't get the job. But no one did. The whole process was a waste of so much of my time.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to coach any team member who maybe wasn't performing well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carter's (North Haven, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

i applied online and the was called in for an interview with the store manager. A day later i received a phone call to meet with the district manager. I met with them and then was called with an offer. the interview process was quick and easy. The management was very friendly and welcoming. overall the hiring and interviewing process was painful and quite easy. I would recommend carters to a friend who wants to work a part time job, once or twice a week, Deffinetly not a place to work full time unless you want to have no family or personal time

Interview Questions

• tell them Something your great at, and something you struggle with   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation, the company is very tight fisted when it comes to salary.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Carter's (Monroe, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

PreInterview with recruiting Manager. She then had me interview with the District Sales Manager. I was called that day snd offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to motivate your team if you had 100 boxes of freight yet were extremely busy. Freight must all be done by you leave at night.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carter's (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview. The interviewer just went through a list of questions provided by her company and just filled in my answers. Seemed to be fairly new at the interview process and becoming a new store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote the business within the community?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carter's (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Easy basic questions. 10 minute interview, Mangers and DM were both on personal phones while interviewing me. I Waited in the actual Store to be called into the office about a good 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for carters ?
      Do you have open Availability ?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They wanted to call HR. THEN GET BACK TO ME SAME DAY.