Carter's Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.8

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone screening from the recruiter. Had a great conversation. Invited for an onsite interview with the hiring manager and HR. Had a successful interview with the hiring manager. It was a short interview because the hiring manager was running late. My gut feeling is that they already picked the candidate before my onsite interview.

Assistant Designer/Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, only lasted about 20 minutes. She was very friendly and asked your general interview questions. They are pretty flexible and work with your schedule when scheduling an interview, but they typically ask to conduct the interview in the morning.

Interview Questions

• What would your current coworkers say your strengths are in the workplace?   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had great phone interviews with HR and one of the team members. I was then brought in for an in person interview with an HR manager, team member and the hiring manager. After the in person interviews they requested a personality assessment done in office that took 2 hours (yes, 2 hours). Some of the questions on the personality assessment made me uncomfortable, they asked about my thoughts on people voting and expressing their opinions to local officials. Totally weird. It made me feel like they care more about personalities and personal values than qualifications for the job.
    As I was walking out HR told me that they have "a notoriously long interview process and this was just step one." It really put me off considering I had interviewed with so many people and just sat through that assessment. It seems as though they pride themselves on taking forever and drawing the process out- again makes me think they value other things about candidates aside from actual job qualifications.
    Needless to say I accepted another offer before they even had the chance to reach back out to me. I left the interview thinking I'd be miserable in their work culture.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about background experience, not official "questions"   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online to a position that I had direct experience with. I was contacted within a week by HR, and scheduled a phone screen. The phone screen with HR was fairly standard, with a few behavioral and salary/job expectation questions. HR contacted me a week later to set up an onsite interview. The onsite time was spent separately interviewing with the hiring manager, the team I would be working with, the senior director over the hiring manager, and an HR generalist. No compensation or benefits specifics could be discussed at this stage despite the senior level of the position and those involved. The response from everyone I met was overwhelmingly positive. Two weeks later I had another phone interview with the VP of the organization. Again, we had a very positive discussion, and it was clearly communicated that HR would get back to me very soon on the next steps.

Two weeks went by with no contact, so I reached out to the recruiter. I received a one sentence response that they were currently investigating internal candidates. No information on if I was still a candidate or if I was no longer being considered, and no further communication since then.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that was a success.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had an issue with a coworker or team member.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

initial interview with recruiter, then a few days later interviewed with hiring manager, both went really well. A day later was asked to come in for in person interview with 8-9 managers, VPs and buyers. Felt the interview went well, you will do a excel quiz. Vlook up and retail math, dont get discouraged its just a measurement exam not a pass or fail thing. Sent follow ups to everyone. HR did email back to say thank you and would follow up with a decision, have yet to hear back from anyone.. its been six weeks. Felt they could of least followed up with a status, However I have heard that they will go radio silent with candidates for a month or two and want you to interview you for another position.

Interview Questions

• What would your current boss say about you? A time you had to train others? standard interview questions nothing out of ordinary.   Answer Question

Product Development Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. It took two interviews because there was an misunderstanding regarding the scheduled time, but the hiring Managers were gracious enough to see me a second time, The interviewers were open and flexible regarding meeting for the interview. They were very nice and was not only interested in my career skills, but how I am personally. I Thoroughly enjoyed meeting with the two Senior Managers who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How flexible I was in regards to responsibility?   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online.. heard back from a recruiter wanting to set up a phone call. Subsequently had 2 or 3 phone calls with different people that all went well before I was asked to come in to the corporate office for 2 panel interviews. Everyone I came in contact with was very friendly and accommodating with my schedule. The panel interviews are a little intense for what this job is in my opinion. It felt more like a personality test rather than learning about my skills or knowledge. I understand the need to get to know the candidates, but the only questions they asked me were about my personality and how I handle conflict, not so much my experience. After the final interviews I sent the proper follow ups and thank yous to hear nothing back. I reached out to every person I could and was given no answer. About 3 months later I received an automated email saying the position has been filled. I found this to be very unprofessional and rude considering I made it to the final interview I believe I deserved at least an answer within a few weeks. Not long after I received a much higher position at a similar company. I'm sure this is a fantastic company to work for but their hiring process is lacking in consistency and professionalism.

Graphic Designer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Heard from a recruiter a month later. Did a phone interview with recruiter and then was contacted to schedule a face-to-face interview. Spoke with two members of the creative team and an HR manager. Was contacted a week and a half after the interview with a job offer. Everything was very well oraganized and efficient. The recruiter was so helpful through the process helping me prepare for the interview and answering questions I had. Overall the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past jobs and how I handled projects and clients. Asked questions to guage my interest and ability to preform tasks.   Answer Question

ECommerce Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied April 4th and had first phone interview April 6th with HR. Had another phone interview on April 8th with someone from the team I would be working on. The following week they scheduled a face to face interview for May 2nd (first date they could get the entire team together).

The interview was pretty easy: 1 HR and 2 team members. They also had me interview with a manager from another team because they thought I may be a great fit for that team as well. At the end of the 4 interviews there was an Excel test that was pretty easy. It tested various financial calculations, VLOOKUP, and Pivot Table skills.

After the interview there was 2 weeks of radio silence. They then emailed me to see if I would meet another team about a higher position. During the 2 weeks of radio silence I accepted a position at another company.

Overall a very positive experience. HR was friendly and kept me updated during the entire process. Everyone I met at Carter's was extremely friendly and nice. It seems like a great company to work for.

Benefits Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carter's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I spent 2+ hours completing Myers-Briggs type questionnaires. I then met with the direct hiring manager and head of the department and local HRBPs. It was a full day process. Very nice office, very nice group.
    This was the level 1 interview. Had I "made it", there would have been another line of interviews.
    I felt it was pretty heavy for the initial. The questionnaires could have wait until the candidates made it past the level 1 stage.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions pertaining to the position being applied for.   Answer Question