Cascino Vaughan Law Offices Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Straight forward and fast pace with main objective of how you will fit in with the law firm. Can you work on your own and with others during confidential information paper work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cascino Vaughan Law Offices

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

casual interview, met a few people in the office, typical questions concerning duration and propsects. He spoke about his background and an unclear description of the projects the office works on.

Interview Questions

• Interested in law school? What years would I be attending? Why was I interested in law?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices.

Interview

Very informal interview, asking why interested and an explanation of experience. The interview is help with a woman that runs most of the office, sort of as an office manager, and also is seemingly in charge of HR. After meeting with her, candidates often meet with one of the partners and are then offered the position if the firm is interested. In my experience, I was asked to begin work the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not, but it may be possible.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Sent email and was called immediately to schedule an interview the next week. It was a very brief and perfunctory interview, consisting of a long description of the firm's place in the law and the dangers of asbestos. Priority is given to recent University of Chicago graduates. No drug test, no background check, no second-round interview.

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices in October 2011.

Interview

They ask if you can work a lot of hours on whatever new project they have going. If the answer is yes - you get hired. The interview process is so nonexistent that I had to write this sentence to achieve the 50 word maximum. They will also sometimes talk about salary with you before they give you an official offer.

Interview Questions

• None - hiring is essentially automatic, though they will fire you at a whim as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can get a 50 cent raise in salary if you ask a couple times.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

in-person interview with one of the partners, head of HR, and maybe a member of senior staff.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty standard--likely to ask you about what interest you have in law, your ability to handle pressure, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some minor room for negotiation, but not much. Better to take the offer and negotiate later if the position suits you.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

Interviewed by one of the partners and a legal assistant. The interview was informal. They did not ask very many hard questions. They mostly spoke about themselves.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go to law school   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cascino Vaughan Law Offices in December 2008.

Interview

Interview with one partner that was basically a run-down of resume and then an offer. Lasted half an hour.