Case Western Reserve University Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

2.5

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by someone at the university and then by the hiring manager who then took over the recruiting process. There were large gaps of time between applying, hearing from someone to set up the phone interview, then for the in person interview, then nothing. The HR and recruiting people were not present, the follow up was poor, and even though I was a finalist for the position, I never heard from them after the last interview, The process they described was going to be at least 5 months from applying to getting an offer, then another couple of months to start. No salary range was ever discussed. Fortunately I got another offer immediately after my last interview with Case, where the process was only 3 weeks from application to offer.

Grants Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial contact via email to schedule a phone screen. Phone screen went well, felt that there was a good rapport with the interviewer. Email communication to schedule a follow-up in person interview. On site interview with four members of the team.

Interview Questions

• The interview was more of a conversation / explanation of the department and internal processes and procedures. I wouldn't say that there were any real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Department Assistant III/Chair's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Basic Interview with the manager and chair of the department individually. However, if interviewing for an internal interview the process can be different in which you may interview with a panel or several different people individually for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, why was I applying, what did I do at my last job etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

They didn't negotiate. I told them what I was expecting and they told me what they could offer due to equitable pay within the university.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

met with several faculty to discuss scientific opportunities and point of collaboration. To assess their view on the environment. To assess their view on the research and Cancer Center. to demonstrate my plan for my research once at Case

Interview Questions

• why research
      why Case
      what do you expect from Case
      what is your research plan for the next 5-10 years   1 Answer

Department Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

After over a month of applying, I got a call to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview, then the following week went in for an actual face-to-face interview, and had a 2nd face-to-face meeting the week after that. Met with pretty much everyone in the department twice.

I took a lot of time out of my schedule to meet with the department twice, as well as paying for parking twice, and everything seemed to go really well. However, I was never contacted again with a rejection, even after following up 2 weeks after my 2nd interview which I found to be quite rude, after all the time I gave to them.

Interview Questions

• Asked basic and simple scenario questions that were rather easy to answer.   Answer Question

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

posted resume online, contacted via phone, interview with supervisor, salary "negotiation" with HR, offer letter. the compensation analyst seemed out of touch with what constituted a reasonable range of compensation for the position. definitely focused on keeping the offer as low as possible.

Research Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the PI's office on time. He mentioned I had a lot of good experience in a lot of labs but that was a bad sign. I countered with the last 2 jobs I had I had lost due to budgetary concerns. That I have had nothing but positive performance reviews. He countered with the recruiter said you lost your last job because you were pregnant. I of course said no as that is illegal. He then went on to ask other inappropriate questions such as are you sure you have enough time with a young baby at home, what does your husband do for a living, do you have access to childcare for after hours. He offered me the job but low-balled the salary (I do have a young baby so I must be desperate. He then told me I'd need to take the ARC training but he didn't think he should have to pay for that.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you have enough time for a full time job with a baby at home?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very brief 10 minute interview. Common questions such as strength and weaknesses. Why you want this position. Some of the questions were personality questions. The first interview process is usually a phone interview and then if they decide to, you are given an in person interview.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with a regional director of admissions. It was a formal interview scheduled far ahead of time. I would advise that you research about the university beforehand so you have a strong factbase before you go into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come to Case.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

It was either on-site or via Skype. It took about 20 min. The interviewer was very gentle and professional. He asked about the leadership experience. The previous courses taken. Why applied to this program.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken any related courses to Operations Research?   Answer Question