Case Western Reserve University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Case Western Reserve University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

A few questions on where I see my career developing and some technical questions on common lab procedures such as Western Blots and Titrations. Meetings required with PHD students and post docs.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to learn here and how do you plan to use it in the future?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Case Western Reserve University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University.

Interview

Basically, walk-in interview talk to the professor and describe your background. How you would use your existing knowledge and contribute to the research team. Asked me about previous experience. Asked some behavioral questions. Asked regarding technical knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very brief 10 minute interview. Common questions such as strength and weaknesses. Why you want this position. Some of the questions were personality questions. The first interview process is usually a phone interview and then if they decide to, you are given an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from PI. We have 4 phone interviews over a month and when I confirmed to set up a formal interview in Cleveland, he never emailed me back for another interview.

Interview Questions

• The person interviewing me had no organization and asked me to review a different published paper during each interview.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Interview with the secretary in the department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview took one hour. Most of questions were asked by the PI about what types of techniques I have. I had a feeling that the interview was not well organized. All the questions were just come out from the PI. I didn't impress the PI, so I was not able to get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Started communication with phone interview. Then scheduled interview with primary manager. Second interview was then scheduled with higher up folks (2). Interviews were short (<1 hour) and consisted mostly of talking about past research, education, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What type of software do you know how to use?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. They offer you the minimum number you put in for salary when you apply. I would tell people to put in a realistic number for the minimum salary acceptable-- put in the number you want, not the one you're going to be angry about in 6 months.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Case Western Reserve University in November 2008.

Interview

interview was just a formality. they already have made up their mind