CaseWare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CaseWare Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2016

2.8

API Support Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CaseWare.

Interview

asked about what I know the company and the position
    Introduced the company information
    Checked work experience, skills, home location, willing to travel to Toronto
    Asked about my projects, prefer programming language, reason why I applied that position,
    salary expectation with range

Interview Questions

• Where do you live? Would you like to travel ?
      What is your strongest programming language and second one?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CaseWare.

Interview

Online application submission, someone will get in touch to set up a phone interview. After that, you will be called down to their office for an assessment. The scores of this assessment will determine whether you are called for an in-person interview with the manager. After the final interview, they will let you know whether you got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work in such a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Test Developer - Web Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at CaseWare (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and emailed a recruiter about the position. Basic HR Phone interview for exchanging background information + setting up a 1 hr technical test. Came in for the written technical test, barley (but thankfully) finished (felt like a 3 hour test crammed into 1 hour). Took about a week until they invited me for a 3 on 1 interview. Interview was straightforward (some technical resume questions + why did you apply for this position), the interviewers were very pleasant. Didn't get my rejection email until 4 weeks after the interview.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CaseWare in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a reply within 2 days requesting an in person interview. The interview itself started out fine with questions relating to the job. Half way through the interview, the interviewer started asking questions that were completely unrelated to the job position itself.

At one point I answered what I did as a tech support analyst at my current position and at one point he said "people like you may know a lot about many things but..." proceeded to put his hands behind his head with a smirk and leaned back in the chair. He then asked about if I had a spouse or not that could watch my kids if needed. It went from good to unprofessional rather quickly.

Given his extremely unprofessional attitude throughout the entire interview, I would have declined to work there simply because of how he spoke to me.

Interview Questions

• If you could be one superhero, which one would you be and why?   Answer Question
    • Name all Windows services, how does a program install itself and what is the process that a program does to install itself on a computer? Which would you choose, the power of invisibility or flight?   Answer Question

CaseWare Response

Jul 14, 2016 – HR Manager

We have conducted an internal investigation. Interviews for this role are completed with two interviewers (from different departments) present. The claims represented in this comment have been ... More

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CaseWare (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I did well on the test. Got invited for the interview and it was extremely difficult. They asked me questions as if I was a software developer. I felt that the interview was set up for me to fail from the beginning. Try really well to touch up on your technical skills. They will basically hint you during your interview if you got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve excel or microsoft word?
      If you had a 1000$ what computer parts would you buy?
      How would you go about fixing a pie in excel?
      Write me an SQL query.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CaseWare (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was called for a 1.5 hour written test (short programs and other technical questions), and after clearing that, for a 2 hour face-to-face interview. They called me saying that they want to make me an offer but their first offer didn't match my salary expectation. They said they will get back but never did after repeated emails.

The HR people take ages to reply back to you and usually after 2-3 emails. They say that they will get back in 1-2 days and then forget about it for weeks. Don't even have the decency to reply back to your emails. Interviewers were really nice but they HR department is useless. Save your time and energy and apply somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• Mostly a discussion on my past experience and on the questions in the written test.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CaseWare (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 5 days to get a phone interview which was very simple and only introducing myself .... Then they asked me to come and write the programming test which was about C++.

Interview Questions

• It was about introducing my self and they introduce their selves only.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CaseWare (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from HR to come in for a written test. The test was long, going for an hour and a half. Mainly simple algorithmic questions and a few logic based ones.

After that, I had an interview with two developers there. It went for more than an hour where they focussed on my algorithmic and SQL skills. It also had some whiteboard coding too. One of them seemed really uptight and unfriendly.

Got better offer elsewhere

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Two one on one interviews. Very straight forward technical questions

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CaseWare (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was on their head office in Toronto. It consisted of a written test and an interview with the Hiring Manager and Team Lead. The overall vibe of the place is very positive and you can expect to feel at ease in your interview.

The written test consisted of 3 logic questions 3 QA questions and 1 programming question in 90 minutes. The interview was about 40 minutes long and I had a lot of soft skills related questions since I pretty much aced the written test.

Interview Questions

• Written Test Question - Johnny's mother had three children. One was named March. Another one was names April. So, what is the third child's name?   2 Answers
    • Written Test Question - 4 people with different speeds respectively 1,2,5,10 min and a bridge can only hold 2 persons at a time and you have only 17 min left. How do you cross the bridge?   4 Answers
    • Written Test Question - You have 8 balls and all except one are of the same weight. How do you find the one anomalous ball using a scale only TWO times?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is very less room for negotiations for fresh graduates. Take what they give you if you like the job description.