Casey's General Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Casey's General Stores Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

1.8

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores.

Interview

I filled out the online application over six months ago. I was finally contacted and asked if I could come in for an interview the following day (a Saturday) at a location almost an hour away. I accepted the interview. I arrived 10 minutes early. I asked for the supervisor I was interviewing with and was told he wasn't there. I waited while someone looked around for the supervisor. He was found and asked me to come back to the office for the interview.
    The interview itself was very uncomfortable. The office was a glorified closet. I sat on a folding chair and the supervisor was sitting so close our knees touched constantly during the interview. The man interviewing me appeared to have zero people skills. He explained to me that he had injured his back and that he was "frankly not interested in niceties". He asked me to tell him about myself and I gave my answer. He then asked two more questions. Then he went on what can be discribed as a tirade about th company. He said he had only been there four weeks and went on and on about how he thought they should promote from within.
    I didn't receive a call for a second interview and I'm honestly glad I didn't.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle two employees that could not get along at work?   Answer Question

Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores (Council Bluffs, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

Showed up 10 minutes early, waited for manager to come greet me for the interview. Went into the office for the interview, talked about past work experience and availability.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was extremely easy. There were no structured questions, and it was very informal in nature. The questions revolved around basic schedule and availability questions. I think one things that had to do with this was that the interview took place in a small town, where the store manager knew me and my family.

Interview Questions

• How long would you be available in this position?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Webb City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores (Webb City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

First had an over the phone interview, later scheduled an in-person. Management was friendly, and felt at ease throughout the process. The in person interview took about thirty minutes total.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlantic, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores (Atlantic, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

It took them over a month to contact me for an interview. When I did go in there, they were more worried and nosey about my personal life than they were worried about my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions

• Ask me why I did not go into my field of study. When I stated it was health issues she probed into my personal life and my relationship with my husband. It made me really uncomfortable to be perfectly honest. I don't think you can legally ask someone marital status, about health issues, etc under the law but your area supervisor did. Her name is Stacie Hansen.   1 Answer

Pizza Cook/Donut Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I interviewed at Casey's General Stores (Springfield, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

When I got the call, I made sure to write down the interview time at 10 AM. I came in on time and she was already in an interview which I waited until she was done. I had to wait another 15 minutes while she made a phone call. She came up to me and told me that I was scheduled for an interview at 9 AM and basically told me was outta luck. Her attitude was very negative and condescending. I tried to tell her that I was sure it was 10 because that is what I wrote down as I was talking to her on the phone and she just shrugged and walked away.

Area Supervisor Accelerated Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores (Tulsa, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

I have been through two interviews, both have been great experiences! First was with an Operations Recruitment Specialists, the second with the District Manager. Both have been very warm and welcoming, making you feel comfortable from start to finish during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavioral based assessment questions ranging from "Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with a co-worker or supervisor" to "Tell me about why you've chosen Casey's" to "Why should I choose you over other candidates?"   1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holton, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores (Holton, KS).

Interview

Management asked basic questions about work ethic and Customer Service. I dressed appropriately for interview. Asked if I could work well with others. Asked what I'd do in stressful situations

Interview Questions

• What I liked most about previous employer   1 Answer

Pizza Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores.

Interview

questions and explanation about job. questions about one, three, and five year plan of your life. talked about sales and wanting to advance in my sales expierence and time spent doing sales and what kind of sales i was doing in my life and what type of sales i would like to be doing

Lunch Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Casey's General Stores (Marshall, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is way too long, and requires a ridiculous amount of paperwork. I mean I'm not applying for ownership. A meaningless not worth my time $10.25 hr shouldn't be so insane. They want you to fill out roughly 6 pages of b.s. per shift most of which is work you do for all the lazy flunkies they have working there INCLUDING MANAGER.