Cash America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cash America

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cash America (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Detailed. Began with a asking about background of work, then asking questions concerning my goals and what I would hope to achieve if offered the position. In addition, there was also question of if I had hopes of moving up within the company

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cash America (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2008.

Interview

Interview over the phone with Manager of group; basic questions of past experience.
    Interview face to face with manager of group; questions concerning interaction between other groups (non-silo approach)
    Interview face to face with deployment manager of other group.
    Interview face to face with CIO.
    Review all of Cash America companies prior to meeting

Interview Questions

• If hired, what would you bring to the job?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal when multiple people in the group do not see eye to eye on a situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do not negotiate vacation days as this is a pain point for executives

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cash America (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

Very unprofessional. No specific questions about specific skills or experiences. Interviewer seemed more nervous than me. We were joined by two more people later and it became a panel interview. But there were very few questions asked.

Human Resources Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cash America (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I Submitted an online application through their HR portal. I was then contacted by their recruiter and a phone interview was conducted. After the phone interview, the recruiter then contacted me again to set up an in person interview with the hiring manager. Once the hiring manager made their decision to hire me, they then ran a background check and a pre employment drug screen. The entire hiring process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Would you have a problem with the stigma working for a Pawn shop association?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cash America in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed two days later received a call from DM for interview that week. Interview went well, very laid back. Three days later had phone interview with HR and offer was made the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I asked for

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cash America (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Short and felt very uncomfortable. Was interviewed by the DM and made me feel little as if my years experience were nothing because it was with a competitor. Offered me very little having previous lead experience starting at the bottom, yet hire people with no experience at higher pay and higher positions.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cash America (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

everyone's interviews are different. mine was only with the market manager. He asked me a couple questions. Most of the time I was asking him questions about the company, about the position I would be in, how the training goes, and also about the store I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cash America (Arlington, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Brief sit down interview. Went over me resume a little. Mainly just talked to me. Trying to get a feel for your personality rather than your resume. It was an easy process. If you cant talk your way through this than you should not be there.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? why do you want to work in the pawn industry?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash America.

Interview

Very people focused interview. Be sure you are a people focused person. Gut instinct balanced with quick reasoning is essential to the job. The cultural fit is a big deal, and candidates scoring under 75% on the online app will not be considered. Dress is business casual. Bring your resume and be ready to answer many questions regarding customers, service, sales and relationship building. Bilingual (Spanish) is a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cash America?

How do you feel when handling difficult customers. Describe an experience you resolved well.

Do you have thick skin? Are you able to rise above another persons state, while still showing empathy?

Sell me this ... (pen, bottle of water, etc.)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cash America in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online beginning of February was contacted by HR about a month later spoke to HR about 20 minutes, was told I would get a call about setting up a interview. About 2 weeks latter a interview was set up with the market manager. Waited about another 2 weeks to get confirmation that I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked about my greatest strengths and weaknesses. A few what would you do in this situation questions. Very detailed interview, both Market managers were experienced and knew what they would ask next. Be prepared and be yourself it seems that they try to get a feel for who you are, and if you could handle the task of dealing with customers and employees. Also a lot of questions about my past management experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate I was given what I wanted, not sure if I could of or not.