Cash America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pawn Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash America (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was asked normal question about why should be hired at cash america and other safety questions for the job. interview was really easy and no surprised questions that gave me a difficult time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you fit for this position?   1 Answer

Pawn Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash America (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I showed up on time introduce myself to the employer gave him some information about myself. He explained to me about the company the duties and will be having to do and introduce you to the staff

Interview Questions

• What hours was I available and days   1 Answer

Pawnbroker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cash America (Tomball, TX).

Interview

It was a quick process. This was an interview where I felt comfortable at. The manager and general manager were both very nice. They explained in detail how the company works. I didn't have to really question them about the position. They went into a lot of depth and detail. It was a good opportunity so I took the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't to bad there was a negotiation phase. However there is a set pay rate. Only because there is commission.

Cashier/Pawnbroaker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Azle, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cash America (Azle, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday, and was called by the hiring manager Monday afternoon for next day interview. The interview was very easy, very laid back, and I was asked about previous work experience. They weren't ecstatic that I didn't have any commission based experience, so if you don't either just tell them about things you've had to cross sell like store cards or emails anything like that. It wasn't an extremely long interview 20 minutes max. They were still conducting several interviews that day so I wasn't hired on the spot. They did, however call me later that day to say I had the job and requested permission for a background check and sent info to take a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Past customer service experience? Knowledge about any of the product (cameras, jewelry)? Are you comfortable around guns?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will only discuss pay after drug test. But there is a base pay plus monthly commissions on sales

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cash America (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Went very easy, very laid back, they asked me simple questions, my background in customer service, how long have I been in retail, do I know how to sale.. Ect

Interview Questions

• Custom service background, history of dealing with rude customers, salary negotiational   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cash America (Greensboro, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I felt welcome by the other employees as soon as I walked into the door. The hiring manager was easy to communicate with and was very professional. It's a small company with a lot to offer.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cash America in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed two days later received a call from DM for interview that week. Interview went well, very laid back. Three days later had phone interview with HR and offer was made the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I asked for

Consulting Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cash America (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Its was a phone interview. They were screening for insurance reps. You had to be willing to school and train to do this job. They called at about 1:20 pm on September 11 2015 from a private number that I didn't know. I believe it was from New York but may have been from New Jersey. They contacted me first thru email.

PR & Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cash America (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Fill out a general application online, someone from HR will call you for a phone interview asking about your interest/knowledge of the company and why you want an internship with this specific department. They were very friendly and the phone interview doesn't take long. They will call you in 2-3 days if you make it to an on-sight interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why do you want to intern with this department, What are your long term goals   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cash America.

Interview

Very people focused interview. Be sure you are a people focused person. Gut instinct balanced with quick reasoning is essential to the job. The cultural fit is a big deal, and candidates scoring under 75% on the online app will not be considered. Dress is business casual. Bring your resume and be ready to answer many questions regarding customers, service, sales and relationship building. Bilingual (Spanish) is a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cash America?

How do you feel when handling difficult customers. Describe an experience you resolved well.

Do you have thick skin? Are you able to rise above another persons state, while still showing empathy?

Sell me this ... (pen, bottle of water, etc.)   Answer Question